• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fanfic] The forest that every body fear- a real world story

Years
I don't clearly remember when this happens maybe when i am in 2nd or 3rd class. I used to live in a town. My school is situated near a forest who everybody fears. I know why. End of 1st chapter.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Hi, so I decided to check this out and to be honest there's a lot that needs work. I don't want to overwhelm you too much, so a few things that stood out for me.

-Is Hostail like a city/town/etc? If so, places tend to be capitalized.

-When writing dialogue, you separate them by paragraph whenever a new person speaks. Dialogue are also written in a certain way. So for this:

Me- whoa its shady. Polly- nah no ghost just the hostailers lying. Helen- yes you are right. Me- i agree with

When writing dialogue, it's supposed to be written like this

"Whoa, it's shady," I said.

"Nah no ghost, just the Hostaliers lying," Polly said.

"Yes you are right," Polly said.

"I agree," I said.

See how much easier the dialogue is read?

-One last thing is you left your story unfinished. The rules for this section is the story or a chapter of it must be finished. If this is going to be chaptered then it's way too short. Usually I don't mind short chapters, but the pacing and description is very bare and I assume this won't be too long of a story to merit it going on for several parts.

-I mentioned that the pacing and description is bare. One way to expand this story is to have the narrator and friends talking about whether to go to the forest and bring some tension too (have them argue). When they go to the forest, you can use this opportunity to describe how spooky the forest is (the darkness of it, the sounds of the breeze and birds, the unsettling feeling of trees looming, etc).

Woah, looks like went on for a while there. Sorry if this overwhelms you. I can see this is perhaps your very first story and I commend you for posting at least, I just thought I would give some advice on how to expand it since it does has some potential. I don't expect you to get the pacing and description down right away. Heck I had been writing for many years already and I still feel my description lacks a lot haha. But yeah, I wish you luck.

Years
Hi, so I decided to check this out and to be honest there's a lot that needs work. I don't want to overwhelm you too much, so a few things that stood out for me.

-Is Hostail like a city/town/etc? If so, places tend to be capitalized.

-When writing dialogue, you separate them by paragraph whenever a new person speaks. Dialogue are also written in a certain way. So for this:

When writing dialogue, it's supposed to be written like this

"Whoa, it's shady," I said.

"Nah no ghost, just the Hostaliers lying," Polly said.

"Yes you are right," Polly said.

"I agree," I said.

See how much easier the dialogue is read?

-One last thing is you left your story unfinished. The rules for this section is the story or a chapter of it must be finished. If this is going to be chaptered then it's way too short. Usually I don't mind short chapters, but the pacing and description is very bare and I assume this won't be too long of a story to merit it going on for several parts.

-I mentioned that the pacing and description is bare. One way to expand this story is to have the narrator and friends talking about whether to go to the forest and bring some tension too (have them argue). When they go to the forest, you can use this opportunity to describe how spooky the forest is (the darkness of it, the sounds of the breeze and birds, the unsettling feeling of trees looming, etc).

Woah, looks like went on for a while there. Sorry if this overwhelms you. I can see this is perhaps your very first story and I commend you for posting at least, I just thought I would give some advice on how to expand it since it does has some potential. I don't expect you to get the pacing and description down right away. Heck I had been writing for many years already and I still feel my description lacks a lot haha. But yeah, I wish you luck.

I must edit it again but now with it will neat and tidy. But the chapter will be short. Thanks alexon.

Years
The school has a hostal. And the hostalers claims to see ghost and in night to hear spooky noises. I don't believe the claim of the hostailers but willing to know if its true. So i take a desicison with my friends. End of 2nd chapter.

Years
The desicions is to take a journey to the forest tommorow in the 1st break because the 1st break is consist of 30 mins. And also to take a watch and a compas. "drang drang drang" shouted the alarm clock. " yes today is the time for us to travel that forest yes. End of chapter three.

Years
The first break has started and with my friends we take journey to forest. My friends name are polly and helen. The forest is shady with no sunlight reaching the land. Grasses and big trees every here. Bug scrawling,jumping and climbing everyhere. We got afraid by a snake( harmless snake). But don't lose courage and stop travelling. End of chapter four.

Years
We got tried and we take a rest under the shade of a tree. And 15 minutes get passed. And decided to go back to school. After 5 minutes. " i don't want to say that but it is true we should accept it" saddly said polly. " "what u want to mean" i said greifly. End of chapter five.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
All I can see is that your chapters are just a few sentences that aren't sufficient to be even called paragraphs. With the amount of content you have so far, you should just merge all the posts together and call it one chapter (even then, like Bay said, it's way too short for a chapter). Also your fundamentals of spelling and grammar are in need of improvement. Basic things like lack of capitalization and punctuation as well as a lot of spelling errors (for example "hostel" and not "hostal"). Another pointer is to not use 1st/2nd/3rd unless it is a large number, so you should be writing 'first/second/third'. Likewise write out "fifteen minutes". Also I don't know what is "2nd or 3rd class" but I think you might have meant "2nd or 3rd grade". A grade is a school year; a class is a lesson on a specific topic/subject.

I would suggest working on your grammar rules and spelling and if need be, utilize spell checks (the basic spell check in Microsoft Word is good enough) to sweep through typos and any other mistakes of the sort. Keep on reading and keep on practicing and you'll keep getting better.

Last edited:
Back