• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon: Detective Pikachu gets NA Release Date; New Trailer

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I...

Uh...

Hmm...

I don't even...

:freaked-out:

In all seriousness though...

Some of the Pokemon look a little cringy but Ryan Reynolds is THE BEST at making EVERYTHING better apparently.

I might watch.

*whistles innocently*

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Honestly i wasnt as horrified as i thought i would be and the story seems fun enough. i look forward to watching it. Maybe pick up and pkay the game by then too.

Years
I like it! It?s a deviation from the norm, a little, what with how we expect Pok?mon to be portrayed. I suppose the cartoony art style for the Pok?mon wouldn?t work in our real world, so the realistic depictions of the monsters is actually really cool and totally not tacky CGI.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
I knew this was coming, but im still really weirded out, like it looks like a parody video. I'm liking the pikachu, but the scaly Charizard, while making a lot of sense, creeps me out. I'm cautiously optimistic. Either way, this is definitely a game changer.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
Years
A little surprised by some of the negative feedback here. I'm down for anything that tries to push mainstream Pokemon entertainment in a different direction. My biggest fear is that no matter what I do, I'll feel like I'm watching Deadpool acting as Pikachu. So there's that.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2018
The graphics felt like a combination of fuzziness of Ted and the intimidating appearance of the dinosaurs of Jurassic World. The first time I saw the trailer it gave me an Alita Battle Angel vibes. Surprisingly, I'm very interested to see this.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
maxresdefault_5.jpg
I'm kinda excited for it tbh
Spoiler:

Years
never really thought that a live-action pokemon film would be good. the pokemon looks a bit toy-like but i like it. Also ryan reynolds as pikachu is 10/10. something to look forward to in 2019

Back