• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Changing Nidorino's cry in the Fire Red opening

Years
Title says it all, I'm changing the sprites in the Fire Red intro but I don't know how to redirect which cry the opening pulls for the video. Anything related to it that I look up involves changing the cry audio entirely, which is not what I want to do (I'd rather the nidorino ingame still sound the same). So any help is appreciated.
Edit: I'm still pretty unexperienced, so don't expect me to understand more than the basic stuff of editing.

Years
Title says it all, I'm changing the sprites in the Fire Red intro but I don't know how to redirect which cry the opening pulls for the video. Anything related to it that I look up involves changing the cry audio entirely, which is not what I want to do (I'd rather the nidorino ingame still sound the same). So any help is appreciated.
Edit: I'm still pretty unexperienced, so don't expect me to understand more than the basic stuff of editing.

Use GBA Intro Manger. Pretty basic, really.

Years
I've used that for other edits, but, as shown in the images from that link, it does not cover what I'm actually looking to change. That tool changes virtually everything after you press A on the title screen and nothing before it.(unless there's something else on it that's not immediately obvious to me)

Years
I've used that for other edits, but, as shown in the images from that link, it does not cover what I'm actually looking to change. That tool changes virtually everything after you press A on the title screen and nothing before it.(unless there's something else on it that's not immediately obvious to me)

Ah... you meant the Gengar and Nidorino fight? Follow this tutorial then. Not sure if it covers the cries though.

Years
I've also been using that, and no, that only edits the graphics, not the audio.

Well, my only suggestion would be that you replace the Nidorino cry with the one you want, and create another slot for Nidorino in any Pokémon Editor. Keep in mind though that this may not work, as the intro cry offset can be located somewhere else.

Years
That seems more complicated than it needs to be. Isn't there a simple way for it to choose something else off the cry table to pull?

Years
That seems more complicated than it needs to be. Isn't there a simple way for it to choose something else off the cry table to pull?

It isn't that complicated. But yes, there may be a offset somewhere which plays this cry. Which offset? No idea. But the cry table is at 0x69DCF4 [FR].

Years
Bringing this back to see if anyone can provide additional info as I'm close to finishing the technical stuff, but am stuck on how to change where the opening pulls Nidorino's cry to and how I can redirect it to pull a different cry without adding and replacing chunks.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
The cry on the opening is selected with the byte at 0xEE646.
Because it's only 1 byte, you can only set it to play cries of Pokemon 0-255. Playing other crys/sounds requires further modification.

Back