• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
I mean honestly at this rate in my life simply lifting a pencil regularly would be good for me.

Years
Speaking of transportation thinking about using my own 2 feet in order to relieve some excess weight from my body tomorrow morning and for many mornings to come. I usually wake up pretty early anyway so I'm thinking I have nothing to lose.

if it's feasible for your commute and you don't feel too uncomfortable when you get to work, then yeah i'd say it's a great idea. if i had a local job where i could walk to down here, i probably wouldn't in this weather. it's so hot and humid down here in the swamp that i'd be a gross mess by the time i got to work :(

Years
I highly recommend walking for weight loss. Last year I dropped like 20lbs by just walking and it gave me the stamina / self esteem to be able to actually start going to a gym!

Walking is good, I agree! :o How much did you walk per day, and how long?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Walking is good, I agree! :o How much did you walk per day, and how long?

Weather permitting, I have a nice little route that's about 2.5 miles! It takes a little over an hour since I mostly just do it for the sake of being outside and not really pushing myself physically anymore. If it's raining or just gross outside, I'll hit the gym instead. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i used to walk more last year when i was playing pokemon go, but i need to update it and i haven't been able to. i walked a hell of a lot when i was working at target, too. i'd have like 3-4 miles by the end of the day, depending on the length of my shift and how much i was running to the back to get stuff for customers lol.

Years
i love walking around our neighborhood but it's been rainy lately so i haven't done so. it's no fun to walk the neighborhood when it's still like muddy orz. i usually just go to planet fitness haha

Years
I would never walk around my neighbourhood bc it's super sketchy.

It's a huge shame because when I used to live back in my old apartment complex, I'd take nightly walks with no fear with the knowledge that a police station was super close in the event anything were to happen (that and it was in a good part of the city anyway), so I felt safe.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yeah see, around here the biggest problem isn't so much the people but the bears and other wildlife that legitimately pose a threat. @_@;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've been getting my execise putting my store's truck order away lol. Makes me wish i had the energy to go to the gym to lift weights so the job would become easier tbh.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Been on a bunch of walks with Janna too. GO is a decent motivator, but also to show her some differents parts of the city/area too.

Years
Yeah see, around here the biggest problem isn't so much the people but the bears and other wildlife that legitimately pose a threat. @_@;

BEARS?!?!?!? Yeesh. The scariest thing we have near us - and only in this one park by my house - is ducks. They're pretty scary little creatures tbh.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
The only kind of wild animal near my place is peacocks

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
^ you say that so casually but I've only seen one in a zoo

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
if it's feasible for your commute and you don't feel too uncomfortable when you get to work, then yeah i'd say it's a great idea. if i had a local job where i could walk to down here, i probably wouldn't in this weather. it's so hot and humid down here in the swamp that i'd be a gross mess by the time i got to work :(

Yeah I don't have an issue like with the walking to work it's more that I work 9+ hour shifts on my feet the whole time and idk how I'll survive the walk home lmao.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
For real tho public transportation in American cities (outside of major, cosmopolitan areas) is trash. :/ Where I live there is no public transport unless you're going into New York or Trenton. Which doesn't help me for a 20 mile+ walk to basic places like grocery stores and markets.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
If the talk about wild animals is still on, I got to say we have nothing here except for really bothersome bugs on summer, venomous spiders and my cat.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I get all of my walking done just by being at work and all the running around I have to do. I'm pretty good at getting 10,000 steps in.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
^ you say that so casually but I've only seen one in a zoo

It's a mix of casualness and "look at the extremely unusual kind of animal we have around here. Who needs squirrels when you have peacocks"

For real tho public transportation in American cities (outside of major, cosmopolitan areas) is trash. :/ Where I live there is no public transport unless you're going into New York or Trenton. Which doesn't help me for a 20 mile+ walk to basic places like grocery stores and markets.

Yeah when I was there I was pretty... shocked by how annoying it would be to shop if you didn't own a car. But that's how things work outside of cities everywhere. Although the US is somewhat worse as it made a point of incentivising suburban towns without a proper city centre you can walk to and with houses spread over kilometres.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back