• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Demonic Black

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Note: using idea tag for now. I dont have home internet back on yet so I cannot upload screenshots until then due to limitations of my mobile device. Screenshots coming soon!

This game is being made in rpg maker xp with poccil's pokemon essentials.

Introduction to project demonic black: My goals for this game are simple yet meaningful. Ive always wanted to make my own pokemon game following my own storyline. A creatiin of my own I can be proud of. This is all being done for entertainment and the fun of creating the game. I encourage others to play it but honestly, this game is made for my own enjoyment over everything else. The name originated from both a need to have a name that was not yet taken and a desire to sticking to a darker name. This name just came to me as I was brainstorming and it stuck, though this is the third name for this project. I really just want to see how far I can push the envelope, how amazing a game I can make, how long and intricate I can make it. Quite simply Im taking a vision from my early childhood and finally making that vision a reality.

Plot/story: The story is quite complex, even the very beginning takes twists and turns that most games dont use. You are a young aspiring trainer to be from a foreign region. You have recieved a scholarship by sheer dumb luck (or so it would seem) to Topaz Academy, one of the most esteemed academys in the world. It is a pokemon trainer academy for training elite trainers, gym leaders to be, future league champions, pokemon professors, and other important titles in the pokemon world. This academy is in the Zexen region, a massive region with a split rule. Half of the continent is ruled by an emporer who follows the path of the ancients. The other half is ruled by a monarchy and follows a more new age philosophy. The region itself is reclusive despite it's size and seeks to keep itself from the world. Both ruling parties agreed to keep the region closed off from the world around them.
This all changed when they decided to open the borders to limited immigration and tourism. There were only certain people and certain reasons one could travel to Zexen. Your scholarship is one of them.
The night you are traveling. Your ship is assaulted by a pokemon and the ship becomes shipwrecked. An explorer saves you but is unable to take you to Topaz Academy and there is where your story begins.
I dont wish to spoil too much but the region of zexen has many dark secrets. Pokemon experimentation, many evil organizations being manipulated by a corrupt psuedo government. A mafia like organization following the ways of nuetrality and keeping the balance.
The region of Zexen is a region obsessed with pokenergy, the pure raw energy that makes up every pokemon. It powers their attacks, their abilities, their powers, their evolution. It seperates them from normal powerless animals and makes them the unique strong beasts that they are.

Features:
802 canon pokemon currently programmed in (up to marshadow in gen 7) and will be obtainable in the final game release.

Alolan pokemon (all canon from sun and moon are programmed. Will be adding new originals to the mix.)

Delta species following the canon depiction of the delta species. The delta species will have 1 odd typing with steel or electric as the secnd typing. This follows the holon storyline where the species is created by electromagnetic interference from a device built to track mew.

Fuzion species: Purposely misspelled, part of the story. This is a new original form made by me. The storyline is a big spoiler so Im not going to elaborate much here.

Nuclear pokemon (pending, not decided): A tribute to the popular pokemon uranium which in my opinion was a fine game and a great concept. The mechanics of this form would be made to be similar to that of pokemon uranium but there would be differences. This type in game would have mention and refference to the Tandor region as a memorial to the game now facing turmoil from nintendo.

Many fakemon to also be included. Don't really have a set number in mind. I am planning for quite a few though.

Social system that acrively allows you to build relationships with other trainers and people. You can make friends and enemies. You can earn special items and pokemon through building certain bonds. You earn your partner trainer. You can even get a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Your actions have repercussions. Part of the social system is every action you take will effect you. Helping the bad guys will earn you bad publicity or even jail time. Beating gyms and becoming champion will make you a celebrity. Saving the world will make you a hero. Being broke for too long will make you a bum.

Use pokecall to call upon wild pokwmon like a pokemon ranger or an alolan. Replaces hms and rids the need for hm slaves but adds the unique flair used in pokemon sun and moon.

Many many side quests of all sorts. From small to big, there are just as many stories as there are pokemon.

Pokehabitats help you achieve unique goals, get rare items, find exclusive pokemon, and help raise your pokemon. This system is based off of poke pilago.

Discover an extensive story unlike anything else youve seen before. So many twists and turns with a focus of giving the stories an anime like feel with intricate plots and suprizes you dont see coming.

Full offline wondertrade

Discover pokenet, the poke internet. Includes a social network for connecting with trainers youve encountered in a new way, an auctiin site call pokEbay to by exclusive items or get deals on rare items and more to come.

Take up a profession. Discover more side quests and secrets by taking up a pokemon profession. Do more with your life than simply being a trainer.

There are so many more planned features. Too many to name. Some of these are already implemented. Some other more complex ones will take a bit of time but are in the works.

Progress:

Ive managed to progress this project quite well so far with a focus on integrating all of the many pokemon and many of the major scripts for the complex systems.

The game currently does have a working unreal time system, wondertrade, functional alolan/delta form script, and a number of other scripts.

Map layouts for the first two towns, first few routes, and first forest are already done and simply need error correcting and some touch up work on the ugly edges.

Much of the new game system from the start to the professor to the first town outside of the town you start in has been set up and just needs fine touch up here and there.

Custom battle graphics are installed but will be updated with a slightly sleeker design adding that special touch.

Custom trainers are implemented but their overworlds are not.

First few area encouter settings are set up but will be edited because there are too many upper level pokemon making training early on difficult.

Quite a few trainers are already implemented.

This game is just starting to see progress but it's potential is quite impressive. I have been meticulous with the detail and have worked to make everything as interactive as possible.

This game is planned to take quite some time. Possibly a couple years before completion is reached due to the sheer size and focus on keeping everything interactive and keeping the game story filled with plenty to do.

Screenshots:
2017-03-05_214923.png
2017-03-05_215128.png
2017-03-05_215229.png
2017-03-05_215338.png
2017-03-05_224451.png
2017-03-05_224528.png
2017-03-05_224541.png
2017-03-05_223209.png

These screenshots are from early game developement that has been done so far.

Credits:
Poccil
Maruno
-FL-
** many more to be added. Everyone will get their well deserved credit. Every name here has my personal thanks for their assistance and any further contributors will be added. All help on this project is greatly appreciated. For those not yet listed, you have my thanks too. If I do happen to forget anyone, please let me know and it will be corrected.

Please feel free to pm me for suggestions,questions, if you wish to help in some way, or for any other matters. I love to hear from the community. I dont talk much but Im trying to get more involved with this wonderful community.

Anyone wishing to help with this project may contact me. I could always use a little help with this project, it makes things go a little bit faster and smoother.

Last edited:

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
With all due respect, this sounds like a whole lot for a single game. All 802 Pokemon, Alolan forms, Delta forms (thought I think they're pretty much the same thing as Alolan forms) 'Fuzion' forms, possibly Nuclear types, and Fakemon? That's... a lot.

This all sounds like a pretty tall order for a fan-game, especially if this is your first time making a game. I recommend toning it down a bit. When you aim big early on, it's pretty easy to get messed up and discouraged. I'd just focus on getting all the story stuff worked out and then focus on adding in all the flashy features.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
I do appreciate the criticism greatly. Opinions can help an idea move in a good direction.

You are also quite correct, this game is a very very tall order to fill. Anything less would bore me though. I cannot say this is my first game really. Far from my first time programming, Ive been programming for years. Ive even done some work in assembly language though not alot.

I cannot say for sure that everything planned will make it to the full game release. The whole social system has alot of kinks making it far too taxing of rpg maker's limitations. The embedded pokenet is something Im going to try hard for because of the originality alone but again there is alot to work out. These two points very well might not be seen in the finished program but Im going to attempt them anyway.

As for the story elements and embedding the pokemon, Ive found this to be exceedingly simple. It will take alot of time because it is tediuos and takes planning but it is very very easy. Implementing all of the pokemon is also very easy as well. Took me 3 days thanks to this wonderful community (up to gen six was already done by the community and required little to do. Gen 7 was sprited and there was a pbs all done thanks to the community but I did have to work a bit on these because the pbs was using elements not compatible with my current essentials setup and the gen 7 sprites had a few numbering problems with my current setup. Credit goes to those who have assisted in this. Will be editing this post once I can get this broken phone to cooperate and let me get the contributer names to put here. I can't get it to browse this forum well after dropping it.)

The sheer scale of the game is the reason I did add a note that this may be a 2 year project most likely. Especially since I do work 2 jobs and own a business part time. I guess you can call me a workaholic lol.

Demos will be released once I have some good progress on the game. I won't really release a demo until I have 2 gyms minimum.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
I do appreciate the criticism greatly. Opinions can help an idea move in a good direction.

You are quite correct. This is a massive project. Im not good at doing small projects, I wind up disappointing myself then completely redoing the project which requires more work than simply just doing it the way I want it from the start. I could be wrong of coarse but this has been my experience.

I honeslt cannot say this is my first game by any means. Nor my first time programming. I will say this is my first essentials project (because I finally had enough money to buy rpg maker). Essentials has made this experience quite simply compared to many projects Ive worked on (Ive dabbled in many game engines prior to rpg maker and essentials. Been messing with programming for 9 years though Im very far from the best lol.)

I will say that none of the features are a promised thing. I definately intend to imllement the 802 canon pokemon (they are already fully programmed thanks to the help of this positively wonderous community, credits will be listed assoon as I have capable internet, my phone is a broken piece of junk but Ill have high speed internet back on my pc by the end of the month to fix this post with screenshots and full credits.) I do want to implement the already included alolan pokemon. Im basic the delta pokemon on the canon official thing (bulbapedia provided the information I needed. It was canon strictly in the tcg but it seemed like something interesting for the game. I didnt place them in game seperate from alolan for the sake of more pokemon. It was more for including more story elements and possibly a post game holon region storyline as holon is a tiny region with a good story and not hard to put into the game.) fuzion pokemon are also more of a storyline thing than a simple means to add more pokemon. Nuclear may not be implemented or may be a very very small inclusion. I may decide to drop many planned fakemon, they are sort of an extra but I will leave my storyline fakemon as there are a few which are very important to the storyline.

As you advised, this game is going to be more storyline focused than anything. I am going to great lengths to ensure the storyline is intricate and filled with events that keep you engrossed for hours. If features are dropped for the sake of very important storyline elements, than it will be done.

Your advice is definately noted and appreciated. This is a huge project and I will do all in my power to see every feature I plan make it to the final game but I will alter plans if it becomes just too much.

Note: I apologize for typos in tgis post. You will not find so much poor grammer in the game. Again, my phone is a crushed screen piece of junk that has been submerged in motor oil so it doesnt work correctly and causes problems for me.

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
tldr: but from what i can get, with interesting graphics, this game could be worth a gb of data (I guess with all the pokemon and sprite it would take that much atleast).
if you are going to make a game from the idea, I wish you the best of luck.Even though this much would require some real hardwork to complete .

Wulu

just some guy
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 27, 2017
This game is sounds clean af. You better be delivering what you're promising or I'll be highly upset --- just kidding; hope your project progresses smoothly. Get those screenshots up asap man!

Kharnix

Praise the sun!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
That's a pretty big project you got there, so I hope it all goes well. Also, the fakemon... Will they include evolutions of existing pokemon such as Seviper, Zangoose and Tauros?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Thank you again everyone for further feedback!! It is still greatly appreciated.

As for the fakemon. I have considered making evolutions to a few pokemon who could use them. I have not yet decided to definately do it yet, nor do I know which pokemon would get evos or megas as of yet.

The only issue I'm having with adding evos and megas would be due to the possibility of gamefreak releasing canon versions in later games which would make mine look less attractive by far in comparison.

I have considered a work around to this. It would be adding special conditions to such evos and pre evos. This would allow room to adjust things without any major reworks if a canon version were to be released. It would merely make it a split evo path where one could choose one or the other.

Now there is no guarantee that gamefreak would add any evos to the pokemon I may add evos to (e.g. seviper, zangoose, tauros, etc.) It is merely just a rare possibility. Megas are a different story, but I will not be adding many megas simply because I feel it just looks a little too cluttered with too many additional megas (Especially with 802+ pokemon already in game).

There will likely be additional evos, pre evos, and megas added into the game but they will be slowly implemented. I will be carefully implementing them to ensure they fit well into the game and will be an asset to the game and not an eyesore. I would hate for my custom evo to make the official pokemon wind up looking bad.

Back