• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Moveset Help & Other Questions
Ask simple questions related to any form of battling or team building (e.g. help with a single Pokémon's set). More complex questions that could spark discussion may be better suited as separate threads (e.g. help with more than one Pokémon). If you are unsure, submit an individual thread and the staff will check it.

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I am considering with my weather tank politoad team sap sipper Girafarig with a Skill Swap and have it swap abilities with politoad. Was wondering if that a decent Idea?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Singles or doubles? Bad idea either way. Girafarig is NU and can't withstand the assaults in OU and in doubles it's just not bulky or strong enough to do much of anything. It's also a waste of a moveslot for Girafarig. Anyhow, Politoed already sets rain once it's out. Why bother having Girafarig have Drizzle when the effect only takes place upon being sent onto the field?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Well the point wouldve been to have it skill swap sap sipper with drizzle, then have a DW Goldeen with Lightning Rod, but seeing that Seaking just has terrible stats overall it just didnt seem viable with it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Well the point wouldve been to have it skill swap sap sipper with drizzle, then have a DW Goldeen with Lightning Rod, but seeing that Seaking just has terrible stats overall it just didnt seem viable with it.

If you're hoping to make Golden/Seaking/Girafarig even somewhat viable in OU, you should probably stop there because regardless of the ability, their stats don't hold water (...ouch) to anything in the Overused tier which is why they aren't Overused in the first place.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Have you considered Ferrothorn? It's a pretty common rain team wall for good reason and it's biggest weakness (fire) is weakened by the rain. It at least deserves some consideration.

Sirfetch’d

Not quite sure what you are asking, but OU doesn't have too many electric types to choose from, but both Jolteon and Thundurus-T are great choices and both are immune to electric moves themselves.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Not quite sure what you are asking, but OU doesn't have too many electric types to choose from, but both Jolteon and Thundurus-T are great choices and both are immune to electric moves themselves.

Looking for mons perferably with lightning rod/ Sap sipper abilities that can protect rain teams

Have you considered Ferrothorn? It's a pretty common rain team wall for good reason and it's biggest weakness (fire) is weakened by the rain. It at least deserves some consideration.

Thats a sound idea actually and can drop its speed down to deal with TR teams

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Well Thundurus-T and Jolteon don't have Lightning Rod as an ability, but they do have Volt Absorb which means they can switch in and take electric hits and restore HP. Also both can deal off a very powerful Thunder with perfect accuracy on a rain team.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Looking for mons perferably with lightning rod/ Sap sipper abilities that can protect rain teams

Thats a sound idea actually and can drop its speed down to deal with TR teams

While Manectric may not be OU, it has the Lightningrod ability to help against Electric Pokemon. It also has the power and Speed to pose an offensive threat, though Overheat/Flamethrower will be weakened in rain teams.

Years
Is cradlily really viable in NU? I've tried him a couple times and he seems to be really good. I get 3 stacks of stockpile, recovering if i have to, and just recover while my rock helm does my work for me. I also use my hidden move when I know I can get recover to go off next turn.

Moveset, etc:
Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Is cradlily really viable in NU? I've tried him a couple times and he seems to be really good. I get 3 stacks of stockpile, recovering if i have to, and just recover while my rock helm does my work for me. I also use my hidden move when I know I can get recover to go off next turn.

Moveset, etc:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Additionally, if you're looking for straight up offense, you can go with SD Cradily. It's certainly not what Cradily's niche is, but it's nice for the surprise factor, despite being incredibly slow and easy to counter; its STAB doesn't make it easy to check, though, for the most part, apart from things like Eviolite Roselia.

Cradily @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Swords Dance
Stone Edge / Seed Bomb
Earthquake
Recover

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Would you recommend that same set for a Rain team Zapdos? I meant to put Team instead of Dance -_-. Fail

If you have a backup Rain Dancer, replace Rain Dance with Heat Wave. Even though Heat Wave is weakened in the rain, it helps to deal with Ferrothorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back