Nightwing

Age 21
Male
Maryland, USA
Seen March 31st, 2016
Posted March 20th, 2016
105 posts
7.4 Years
When obviously younger role players have noticeably worse quality writing than the rest of the role players. We've all been at a point where our writing wasn't the greatest. Everyone goes through it and everyone grows out of it. That's what makes it worse, though; you can't really force that person into better writing, they kind of have to learn it themselves over time. I guess the only way to handle that is for each sign up to require roleplay samples, but that would mean some part of the roleplay community never really gets a chance to improve their skills.

Klippy

L E G E N D of

Age 27
Male
Disneyland
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted May 16th, 2019
16,383 posts
13.9 Years
I hate having people sign up and then immediately drop off. It really agitates me that I included them in posts or editing the OP just to have them leave right after. That's why I usually won't commit to RPs unless I'm sure I can at least get 3-5 posts in.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable

Male
Dark Cave
Seen September 20th, 2016
Posted April 14th, 2016
457 posts
6.6 Years
Honestly, whenever I see an RP that has a lot of skilled writers in it, I'm often turned off by it. Not because I hate the skilled writers, far from it. I admire those that can put in such a huge amount of effort and skill into their role-playing. It's just that, (and I know this sounds stupid), I'm kind of intimidated. And I know that the community here are very accepting of newbies and stuff, but I still can't help but feel intimidated.

So yeah, I guess my gripe is that I don't feel skilled enough to join a lot of the RP's here.

Foxrally

Age 21
Male
a Torterra's back
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted October 10th, 2019
2,584 posts
6.6 Years
Honestly, whenever I see an RP that has a lot of skilled writers in it, I'm often turned off by it. Not because I hate the skilled writers, far from it. I admire those that can put in such a huge amount of effort and skill into their role-playing. It's just that, (and I know this sounds stupid), I'm kind of intimidated. And I know that the community here are very accepting of newbies and stuff, but I still can't help but feel intimidated.

So yeah, I guess my gripe is that I don't feel skilled enough to join a lot of the RP's here.
Why do I feel like you're trying to cover up laziness :I

You really shouldn't feel intimidated by other RPers. Nobody will ever judge your writing unless you ask for critique. Plus, if you belittle yourself so much, nobody will ever see how good you are! :o
Paired to Ice and gimmepie
3DS Friend Code
0103-9972-1307
I make memes and other carcinogens
Male
Final Destination (With only Fox)
Seen September 19th, 2015
Posted August 7th, 2015
27 posts
4.9 Years

You really shouldn't feel intimidated by other RPers. Nobody will ever judge your writing unless you ask for critique. Plus, if you belittle yourself so much, nobody will ever see how good you are! :o

I'm in agreement with that (on the second thing)

Dansparce

The Unbeatable

Male
Dark Cave
Seen September 20th, 2016
Posted April 14th, 2016
457 posts
6.6 Years

First part was a little harsh, but it was probably a joke, so whatever.

Second part is something that I'm really trying to work on. It's just something that is present now, and I hope to move past it soon.
Advertiser Content