Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,345 posts
7.5 Years
I would LOVE RPs based on:

Firefly
Space cowboys. Like. Yes.

Sense8
This is so good that I'll make it myself once I have time. For sure. If you haven't seen it, it's a new Netflix series about 8 people living around the world who can suddenly visit each other like hallucinations/visions and even take control of each other's bodies when necessary. So one char is a good fighter and jumps in in dangerous situations, another one is a doctor with knowledge of drugs, another one is a hacker genius, another one a great liar (and actor) and there's a cop and a hella cute DJ and a gangster without a conscience. And also a bus driver from Nairobi who is amazeballs. That's just the official chars, of course. What I mean is, there's so much potential for amazing character interaction and development, and the same plot with the organization hunting them can even be in an RP.
That actually sounds so freaking good.

Winter

거기 너 I fancy you

Age 22
Non-binary
Seen June 12th, 2019
Posted December 21st, 2017
8,221 posts
4.7 Years
A roleplay based on the Fate franchise and the Holy Grail War would be cool. It'd be interesting to see what kinds of Heroic Spirits people adopt if they're playing as a Servant, and how they would match up with OC Masters.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,345 posts
7.5 Years
A roleplay based on the Fate franchise and the Holy Grail War would be cool. It'd be interesting to see what kinds of Heroic Spirits people adopt if they're playing as a Servant, and how they would match up with OC Masters.
I tried that with Ozy once. Honestly I'd love to see the idea succeed because it certainly didn't when we did it haha.

aeternum

Not Suitable For All Ages

Indiana
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted July 18th, 2019
13,229 posts
6.6 Years
Holy grail war yes please.

Been thinking about this one for a little bit.

It Begins
Science holds that this universe we live in was formed by the big bang, religion holds that it was created by a divine being. Both are equally correct and incorrect at the same time. In the earliest stages of the big bang, our universe was filled with billions of highly intelligent beings. These beings are what religious people would refer to as gods. From the time the expansion of the universe started as a cloud of superheated radiation, to the time when the first stars and galaxies were formed; a war was waged between these primordial life forms to decide which would use this emptiness as their canvas, and paint the worlds as they saw fit.

And of course the sequel
It Ends
All of the defeated gods rise up from their graves as the universe grows so big that it starts to break apart. Time becomes nonexistent as past, present and future all begin to coexist. The god who had previously won the rights to create this universe as they saw fit has grown old and decayed. As time fell apart and the gods of old rose again, they took revenge on the old master and ended their life. Now a new war is waged between the gods to rewrite history and save this dying world. But this time there's a new piece on the board - humanity.

Mana

Age 28
Male
UK
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
10,075 posts
10.8 Years
The Borrowers/Arrietty-style roleplay where we all play little people with weird homemade clothes/weapons darting avoiding cats, bumblebees and peoples' feet.

Also I need to bring this back with a few extra mafia mechanics:

Spoiler:

Danger on the SS. Anne

Rating: T

Introduction:

I’ve been sitting on this idea for a while now, and thought that the great cruise of the S.S. Anne could become a premise for a roleplay. This roleplay is a mix of Journey-style and a competition, posts need to be made for the events however there will be adequate time for this (hopefully a week).

Plot:

Two mysterious characters have been handing out luxury cruise tickets, for free! Trainers from all over the Kanto region have been invited onboard the cruise liner, S.S. Anne, for a month of battling, good food and a well deserved holiday. The liner will make occasional stops, serving both as a means of day trips around Kanto (and allows for late passengers to board!). This will also provide a change to capture new Pokémon, as the variety at sea isn't that diverse.

Unfortunately, if you recall the anime, this trip may not go as smoothly as expected. A troublesome group are on board, who won’t stop at anything to steal the relaxing trainers’ Pokémon. Unfortunately it looks like they have have infiltrated your ranks, enjoying themselves around you and learning your habits and weaknesses. Things are about to get dangerous on the S.S. Anne

You:

Come one, come all! You are a trainer from the Kanto region (although you can originate from elsewhere if you wish) who has been invited to Viridian City for the launching of the brilliant cruise liner, the S.S. Anne. It's unsinkable, probably.

At first your role is to interact and have fun, however as the game progresses and the plot unfolds you will have to work together to find the intruder among you. One character, at this point in the game (not the beginning), will be secretly labelled as the impostor. Only myself and the character's owner will know. At that stage the RP gets a bit darker, and every week or so a vote will happen.

The Vote:

The vote will happen OOC, however your Characters are free to voice their opinions IC. Players will pick one character that they feel could be impostor. If the vote is successful then the game is over! But let's hope that doesn't happen too soon. If the group collectively vote for someone innocent however... the impostor is free to meddle with the ship and the trainers.

At the end of a vote there will be a 'Results' post, which will be written by myself with help from the intruder-character's player. Each post will end with something substantial happening in response to the vote - Pokémon may be stolen, people might be injured, or worse...

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.

Age 27
Female
Europe
Seen May 10th, 2018
Posted October 8th, 2015
1,370 posts
11.4 Years
Also I need to bring this back with a few extra mafia mechanics:

Spoiler:

Danger on the SS. Anne

Rating: T

Introduction:

I’ve been sitting on this idea for a while now, and thought that the great cruise of the S.S. Anne could become a premise for a roleplay. This roleplay is a mix of Journey-style and a competition, posts need to be made for the events however there will be adequate time for this (hopefully a week).

Plot:

Two mysterious characters have been handing out luxury cruise tickets, for free! Trainers from all over the Kanto region have been invited onboard the cruise liner, S.S. Anne, for a month of battling, good food and a well deserved holiday. The liner will make occasional stops, serving both as a means of day trips around Kanto (and allows for late passengers to board!). This will also provide a change to capture new Pokémon, as the variety at sea isn't that diverse.

Unfortunately, if you recall the anime, this trip may not go as smoothly as expected. A troublesome group are on board, who won’t stop at anything to steal the relaxing trainers’ Pokémon. Unfortunately it looks like they have have infiltrated your ranks, enjoying themselves around you and learning your habits and weaknesses. Things are about to get dangerous on the S.S. Anne

You:

Come one, come all! You are a trainer from the Kanto region (although you can originate from elsewhere if you wish) who has been invited to Viridian City for the launching of the brilliant cruise liner, the S.S. Anne. It's unsinkable, probably.

At first your role is to interact and have fun, however as the game progresses and the plot unfolds you will have to work together to find the intruder among you. One character, at this point in the game (not the beginning), will be secretly labelled as the impostor. Only myself and the character's owner will know. At that stage the RP gets a bit darker, and every week or so a vote will happen.

The Vote:

The vote will happen OOC, however your Characters are free to voice their opinions IC. Players will pick one character that they feel could be impostor. If the vote is successful then the game is over! But let's hope that doesn't happen too soon. If the group collectively vote for someone innocent however... the impostor is free to meddle with the ship and the trainers.

At the end of a vote there will be a 'Results' post, which will be written by myself with help from the intruder-character's player. Each post will end with something substantial happening in response to the vote - Pokémon may be stolen, people might be injured, or worse...

That roleplay is basically written werewolf and it sounds absolutely amazing. Bro make it happen!

Stingray

Space elves FTW

I have no idea anymore
Seen December 12th, 2016
Posted December 12th, 2016
1,007 posts
9.1 Years
I had a crazy idea that I'm tempted to create now that I'm back, but not sure if I should due to time and the fact none of my RPs have ever gone well (not much interest).

Very rough draft of my idea (written on the spot):

Spoiler:

The idea takes place on a different world inhabited by all sorts of fantasy/magical races. The history goes that an alien spire feel from the stars and created a portal that allowed them to invade the world. The aliens were very advanced technologically and were quickly winning the war until the Dragons formed up a great army and attacked. In the end the great Dragons, who ruled the land as they were the most powerful, sacrificed their entire race to not only destroy the spire, but also a few went through the portal to attack the alien's home so they might never return.

With the wise and powerful dragons gone the elves became the leaders of the land, but they could only see the usefulness of others based on their magical abilities. The magic-less humans were seen as lowly lifeforms to the elves and the human's inventive nature was seen as evil because of the terrible destruction caused by the aliens. Thus life for humanity was to be the servant and almost like slave race until the Federation was formed.

Secretly humanity had been researching and reverse engineering the alien technology in hidden locations catapulting their technology level to beyond real life earth modern technology. With this new found strength, the humans rose up in rebellion forming the Federation of Human Tribes and a bloody war was fought were humanity won its independence from the now named "Magic Council." As the years past the Council and Federation fought many terrible wars between technology and magic until the Treaty of Preservation was signed by both sides.

The Treaty of Preservation was written assuming there would never be peace between the two nations, and to prevent the wide spread destruction caused by war set rules for special Trials to be fought over territory, artifacts, relics, or other items of interest. Small teams of champions would battle to the death with the winners deciding which faction controlled the contested item or land. These trials became numerous and increasingly ruthless, but overall prevented the massive wars seen before the treaty.

The RP will start with players taking sides in one of these trials, but champions are confronted by individuals bringing possible evidence that a greater foe could soon return before they can begin their battle. An ancient enemy that could lay waste to both the Council and Federation, especially if they do not cooperate.... which will be difficult considering the level of genocidal hatred that the noble families of the Elves harbor toward humanity, and the Federation's fractured and corrupted governments that are merely puppets to powerful corporations and secret organizations.

Humans will be very technologically based with a cyberpunk feel (human augmentation, nano technology, and all sorts of fun possibilities), and the magical races will be powerful and very diverse and include variations of the werewolves and vampires (they are inspired by, but not really werewolves or vampires... basically a type of magical race that is able to transform into animals and share some traits with them). Idea is to give players lots of customization options to make their characters with. There are some restrictions like no humans can use magic, and no magical creatures know how to use technology (at least in the beginning).

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,345 posts
7.5 Years
I had a crazy idea that I'm tempted to create now that I'm back, but not sure if I should due to time and the fact none of my RPs have ever gone well (not much interest).

Very rough draft of my idea (written on the spot):

Spoiler:

The idea takes place on a different world inhabited by all sorts of fantasy/magical races. The history goes that an alien spire feel from the stars and created a portal that allowed them to invade the world. The aliens were very advanced technologically and were quickly winning the war until the Dragons formed up a great army and attacked. In the end the great Dragons, who ruled the land as they were the most powerful, sacrificed their entire race to not only destroy the spire, but also a few went through the portal to attack the alien's home so they might never return.

With the wise and powerful dragons gone the elves became the leaders of the land, but they could only see the usefulness of others based on their magical abilities. The magic-less humans were seen as lowly lifeforms to the elves and the human's inventive nature was seen as evil because of the terrible destruction caused by the aliens. Thus life for humanity was to be the servant and almost like slave race until the Federation was formed.

Secretly humanity had been researching and reverse engineering the alien technology in hidden locations catapulting their technology level to beyond real life earth modern technology. With this new found strength, the humans rose up in rebellion forming the Federation of Human Tribes and a bloody war was fought were humanity won its independence from the now named "Magic Council." As the years past the Council and Federation fought many terrible wars between technology and magic until the Treaty of Preservation was signed by both sides.

The Treaty of Preservation was written assuming there would never be peace between the two nations, and to prevent the wide spread destruction caused by war set rules for special Trials to be fought over territory, artifacts, relics, or other items of interest. Small teams of champions would battle to the death with the winners deciding which faction controlled the contested item or land. These trials became numerous and increasingly ruthless, but overall prevented the massive wars seen before the treaty.

The RP will start with players taking sides in one of these trials, but champions are confronted by individuals bringing possible evidence that a greater foe could soon return before they can begin their battle. An ancient enemy that could lay waste to both the Council and Federation, especially if they do not cooperate.... which will be difficult considering the level of genocidal hatred that the noble families of the Elves harbor toward humanity, and the Federation's fractured and corrupted governments that are merely puppets to powerful corporations and secret organizations.

Humans will be very technologically based with a cyberpunk feel (human augmentation, nano technology, and all sorts of fun possibilities), and the magical races will be powerful and very diverse and include variations of the werewolves and vampires (they are inspired by, but not really werewolves or vampires... basically a type of magical race that is able to transform into animals and share some traits with them). Idea is to give players lots of customization options to make their characters with. There are some restrictions like no humans can use magic, and no magical creatures know how to use technology (at least in the beginning).
Whilst I'm not sure how it will play out as an RP, I really love the idea and the lore you've given us here. I'm hoping that when you have the time I'll see a write-up in the Planning and Review thread - unless of course someone else takes it on.

Stingray

Space elves FTW

I have no idea anymore
Seen December 12th, 2016
Posted December 12th, 2016
1,007 posts
9.1 Years
I will see if I can find the time to put some work into it then, and see if I can flesh it out some. I'm just unsure if I really have the time to properly run a Roleplay right now I do not want to waste people's time if I start in and they go through the effort to make great SUs then I cannot properly run it. Considering it will likely be run by me but influenced by the players (IE their characters make choices that drive how they meet their objectives, but I will not force them to take specific paths).

Retro Bug

Seen July 18th, 2016
Posted May 27th, 2016
1,176 posts
11.3 Years
Holy grail war yes please.

Been thinking about this one for a little bit.

It Begins
Science holds that this universe we live in was formed by the big bang, religion holds that it was created by a divine being. Both are equally correct and incorrect at the same time. In the earliest stages of the big bang, our universe was filled with billions of highly intelligent beings. These beings are what religious people would refer to as gods. From the time the expansion of the universe started as a cloud of superheated radiation, to the time when the first stars and galaxies were formed; a war was waged between these primordial life forms to decide which would use this emptiness as their canvas, and paint the worlds as they saw fit.

And of course the sequel
It Ends
All of the defeated gods rise up from their graves as the universe grows so big that it starts to break apart. Time becomes nonexistent as past, present and future all begin to coexist. The god who had previously won the rights to create this universe as they saw fit has grown old and decayed. As time fell apart and the gods of old rose again, they took revenge on the old master and ended their life. Now a new war is waged between the gods to rewrite history and save this dying world. But this time there's a new piece on the board - humanity.
um, this actually sounds amazing.

If you ever end up doing this, need help, or well, anything, lemme know. Seriously, I love the idea.

"I'm ready for a nap..."
[YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY TIRED STUDENT RETRO BUG]
Pokémon:

The Meta Journey

aeternum

Not Suitable For All Ages

Indiana
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted July 18th, 2019
13,229 posts
6.6 Years
um, this actually sounds amazing.

If you ever end up doing this, need help, or well, anything, lemme know. Seriously, I love the idea.
I was thinking about sometime around middle of fall or maybe early winter if nobody else decides to solo it. I've got too much going on to do it right now and I'm getting ready to pull out Time Police at the end of this month or I'd probably already have a doc for it haha.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads

Age 29
Denmark
Seen May 16th, 2019
Posted December 15th, 2016
1,613 posts
7.7 Years
Okay, so, I'm not a GM, nor will I ever be one, but this idea just seems too good to throw away and not use. I saw an image online, and since then, I couldn't stop thinking about how awesome an RP with this kind of setup would be. Check it out:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8544100352/h7507A8C2/

Pokémon Power Rangers. Gets weapons/abilities depending on their Pokémon, but part of the RP is also them just doing their normal-life stuff, trying to keep the fact that they're saving the city (world/country?) constantly.

Now, as I said, -I- can't do anything with this idea. But if someone else -wants- to, or wants help spitballing ideas, I am -so- there!

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
33,077 posts
11.9 Years
I'd want to see a "magic girl" RP c: customized Sailor Moon, pretty much. Maybe the players would go to the same school and each day would be like a chapter with "monster of the day" or something like it. And magic powers they could transform into.

Wait, isn't that kind of what Basty suggested earlier, now that I think about it properly? Haha. Apparently there's a demand for this type of RP but nobody wants to GM.

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
10,499 posts
6.1 Years
Oooh, I'd love a magical girl RP~! Hope someone makes oneeeee or maybe I'd try my hand on GMing!

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,345 posts
7.5 Years
Oooh, I'd love a magical girl RP~! Hope someone makes oneeeee or maybe I'd try my hand on GMing!
I'd consider doing it, even though it's not really my thing, but I have heaps of other things I want to do and if I did that it would end up really dark and gruesome lol. You should definitely make it, I don't think I've seen you GM before but I'm sure you're good at it.

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
33,077 posts
11.9 Years
Has anyone thought of doing a Divergent RP? Starting with the choosing ceremony perhaps and putting some players in each faction, but binding them together through plot, maybe they'd all be divergents.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,345 posts
7.5 Years
Has anyone thought of doing a Divergent RP? Starting with the choosing ceremony perhaps and putting some players in each faction, but binding them together through plot, maybe they'd all be divergents.
That sounds pretty cool, and also like familiarity with the series wouldn't be overly needed.

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
33,077 posts
11.9 Years
That sounds pretty cool, and also like familiarity with the series wouldn't be overly needed.
Probably not yeah :) as the factions and homes would be described etc. We could actually feature a plot similar to canon... I really need to finish reading Insurgent and get started on the last book haha.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,345 posts
7.5 Years
Probably not yeah :) as the factions and homes would be described etc. We could actually feature a plot similar to canon... I really need to finish reading Insurgent and get started on the last book haha.
I've never read any of them, so that might explain why I like the idea of no prior knowledge being needed xD

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!

Age 23
Male
Goldenrod City, Johto
Seen May 16th, 2019
Posted November 29th, 2018
774 posts
5.4 Years
I agree, it sounds pretty cool, despite having never read the series myself.

Friends for Infinity
RPT | Titans | Theme Song | Pair

"Doofin' it up."

art by the churiffic Infinite
Advertiser Content