• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Hopeless Trainer Editor

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Is this still happening? I'm staying tuned :) and if it is still happening

Yes, this is still happening. I'll release it when I can access my programming computer in a few weeks (after winter break).

Can this happen, too? Pleeeeeeease? *puppy dog eyes*

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this in the default engine, so no, it will not happen.

Years
Hmm, isn't this included in A-trainer? Or is that broken?

It's broken in A-Trainer obviously. If you use one of those trainers it starts overwriting bytes in RAM and stuff. It also starts to bug out data, so some Pokémon would have random held items that aren't actually in trainer data, probably because of RAM again or limiters. Same for trainers, they'd try to use revives or shards or something but it wouldn't do anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm not an expert, but it seems as Rom Hacks like Light Platinum feature a lot of new trainers and trainer battles. I really need to add +- 26 new characters/trainers and the double of trainer battles for my project.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Thanks for waiting so long everyone, the updated version of the program is ready.

The latest download can be found on github.

Let me know if there are any issues with the release!

Not working for me, it shows an error when I start the program:
fdghfdfdss.png

My PC is Windows 7 Professional x64.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
Thanks for waiting so long everyone, the updated version of the program is ready.

The latest download can be found on github.

Let me know if there are any issues with the release!

i really love this tool, all tool you make is very usefull and easy work
i only have one sugestion for you put one option for expanded the trainers number

Not working for me, it shows an error when I start the program:
fdghfdfdss.png

My PC is Windows 7 Professional x64.

for me it work fine, test update net framework for newest version 4.6.2

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
i really love this tool, all tool you make is very usefull and easy work
i only have one sugestion for you put one option for expanded the trainers number

for me it work fine, test update net framework for newest version 4.6.2

lol didn't noticed there is a new version needed, then I won't be able to use it because this version of .net framework don't works in my PC. Thank you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
Im using a firered rombase with Gen 6 and 7 Pokemon, I cannot figure out how to change the trainers pokemon to be past gen 3??

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
But the .ini for HTE doesn't match up with the .ini for the rom,
HTE BPRE firered
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Idk what to copy or replace.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2022
Hi I am currently trying out ur editor.
However everytime when I load up my rom it gives me a error
imgur.com/UNljQhh.jpg
Do you know how I can fix it?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 16, 2017
Hi, I've been using this editor for quite a while and it's great. I encountered one bug however. Whenever I type a pokemon name incorrectly and then press enter it shows me an error message and then prevents me from editing that pokemon slot or sometimes even any pokemon of the selected trainer.

Attachments

• errorhte2.PNG
    errorhte2.PNG
    42.6 KB · Views: 17

XDragon

Needs a title
Years
  • Age 36
  • NY
  • Seen May 11, 2021
So, I changed the number of Pokemon to match what I have in my Ini...and treid to edit the number of items and attacks to match too but i keep running into an error that forces it to close. Suggestions?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 14, 2023
Very good trainer editor, but i found a few bugs while editing.

First when i edited trainer dawn in fire red,adding a clefairy to her team, something happened and it shows an unhandled exception upon selecting it.It spread to the next 2 trainers too.They show the edited team, but the editor shows the team of the last selected trainer.The AI levels and Healing Items are also from the last selected trainer.It shows

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '65535' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at Hopeless.MainForm.DisplayTrainer()
at Hopeless.MainForm.listTrainers_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Now,after this happened, when i shut it and re started.When it starts up, it shows

System.Exception: line 1: Found key-value pair outside section!
at GBAHL.Settings.LoadINI(String filePath)
at GBAHL.Settings.FromFile(String filePath, Format format)
at Hopeless.MainForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

it works, but is irritating.I have no clue whether it will affect them ingame.

Also, I run on a HP laptop, with Windows 10, and the last moveslot selection option cannot be accsesed - its out of the screen.I cant maximize either, so i cant accsses it.So i can make a custom moveset of 3moves.

Also, i cant directly type the item/pokemon/move - must use the drop down menu and select it or else it wont save.

My project has me editing the AI levels and the trainers stock healing items, and they also have a few team changes.

I also edited a blank trainer for fun - could this have caused it?

Could you help?

Im sorry im complaining so much, because othewise, this so simple and easy to use! i got all the functions on opening the file for the first time in a minute!Great job too!

Years
So, I'm kinda having a weird issue with this. On the program I have a trainer with Gardevoir and Absol but in the game when I battle the trainer, Absol is Staryu and Gardevoir is Omanyte? All the other 4 pokemon I added are fine it's just those two. I tried changing them but it seems like it's doing that will all the gen 3 pokemon (At least all that I tried)

Zura

yuh
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2018
So, I'm kinda having a weird issue with this. On the program I have a trainer with Gardevoir and Absol but in the game when I battle the trainer, Absol is Staryu and Gardevoir is Omanyte? All the other 4 pokemon I added are fine it's just those two. I tried changing them but it seems like it's doing that will all the gen 3 pokemon (At least all that I tried)

This happened with me before. Try adding another Pokemon, repointing the trainer, then removing it, then saving. Worked for me.

Back