• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GBU International Challenge - June 2013 -

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
389.gif
392.gif
395.gif
The June 2013 International Challenge will be held via Wi-Fi this month, and is open to players of Black 2 or White 2 version!

Dates: June 21 through June 24 (Friday through Monday)
Compatible Games: Black 2 or White 2
Format: Double Battle
Banned Pokemon: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect
Participation Prizes: 5 Apicot Berries, 5 Petaya Berries, and 5 Ganlon Berries

There are still five days until registration starts, so there's plenty of time to prepare a strategy and train a team, even for a newbie battler. I know I'm excited, since this would be my second time battling on Wi-Fi, and unlike last tournament, when I only entered for the pretty C-Gear skins that were given away as participation prizes, I'll be prepared and try for a better win/lose ration. How about you, do you plan on joining the competition? Are you excited about the battle format? Will you use your already established doubles team, or are you going to experiment with something new?

And how about previous official tournaments? Are you a regular, or participate only every once in a while?

Years
Hi Miau, I hope you are doing well!!

I am also considering joining the international challenge coming up shortly. However, I think I'm a bit behind the curve, as I am also about to partake in the Unova Double Trouble tourney that Necrum is hosting! It's based on VGC11, so my team is limited to Unova from BW1 as such.

I also have a team that I put together for the international challenge you mention, but I haven't really been tweaking it or practicing with it, as I've bene focusing on the Double Trouble.

My first wifi tourney was also the spring friendly recently for the Kyurem skins. I had a great time doing it, but learned so much as I am still relatively new to wifi competition as well! So I ended up with something close to a 1600 rating and finished around 1,000 place... out of 8,000 or so. Not horrible, but somewhat better than what I had expected to do as my first casual entry in to the scene. Not to mention, I had no idea that Kyurem-W, Meloetta, Reshiram/Zekrom and other ubers were fair game! I had pretty much used an OU team, but I still laid down some pain to those that were unprepared for what I ran, even with the fact that they had all legends! So that was quite rewarding... muah ha ha.

Anyways, you should also look in to joining the Double Trouble that's posted in the events section as well. Best of luck to you!

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
My first WiFi Tourney was the very first Autumn Friendly in... 2011. It got me into Doubles, actually!

I'm going to use my semi-hipster team with Pokemon that are considered useless in doubles by some people -- Heracross and Weavile. It's pretty established and is very reliable. Yuo can watch it in action here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAe1_z_DLLoPxaoKv7t59xFzEhGpAYRBS&feature=mh_lolz

I want to peak 1800 points so this means around 30-40 wins which will be hard, because I get bored with GBU easily, lol.

If you meet Estelle from Poland, Subcarpathia with Trainer greeting: "I owe my victory to CRITICAL HIT!" be sure you've met me and you're about to be annihilated, flattened, destroyed, killed, demolished... can't think of more synonimes of "losing", lol.

Good luck to everyone participating! :)

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
@retinaburn

Thanks for letting me know about the Double Trouble tourney, I decided to join as well! And I too didn't know that those Pokemon were valid, so I just went with my in-game team, which isn't even EV trained or has good IVs, except for N's Krookodile. So I went very unprepared, but I still managed to get a few wins. One was against Meloetta actually, but the person disconnected. And good luck to you as well, in both tournaments! :)

@Gonz0
You know, I remember that greeting! So I think it's possible we battled in the latest Spring Friendly, which wouldn't be that crazy, since we live in close timezones - I'm in UTC+2. I really can't remember though, so maybe someone else uses the same greeting?

Back