• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I'm really keeping a close eye on this one; looks very promising. The use of clouds and fog is great, but I'd strongly suggest lowering the opacity of the clouds a little. They look great, but seem a bit too distracting.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
i love the baby idea :D . awesome.
and i think i know the 4th gen lavamon, considering there was only 5 new fire pkmn :P .
i hope this goes well :) .

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
24786_109052522444140_100000181780128_245624_980073_n.jpg

heres a few sprites done this night, they are ok, i think

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2014
Hey guys, remember me? It's FDH from ONM! I was wondering if you needed any help and are still using my sprites?

Keep up with the good work and good luck!

EDIT: Just read the first post, and noticed my town names are still being used and again can I be any help whatsoever?

Last edited:

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
id like to suggest that you guys make the forest have some rocks inside.have some hily paths with grass on them

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I've been putting off posting here for a long time as I wanted to update first, sadly the update is taking a while longer than I thought it would so I'll have to. Now, to the hundreds of replies.

@pikarich: Thanks, I do too. And thanks for clearing that up for everyone, we decided on the names and gym order nearly half a year ago so that's why I forgot.

@Piplup-Trainer: It's actually 4 frames but the third and fourth are very similar. Thank you and we will!

@Wind Gale: Thanks. More on the map below.

@Godlytion: Not very good to here, but I guess school can't be helped. At least you got the main character done, since that's the most important.

@thelaytonmobile: You musn't have spotted it before since we were in The Drawing Board. Thanks and we'll try. Great minds think alike ;) I had the idea when I first went into Viridian forest in Fire red, I just had to have that for story events!

@shadowtogepi: I vm'd you. See below quote.

@pikarich: Well actually, the eggs are baby versions of them. Looks like you've forgotten something now too pikarich ;) You got the 100th post!

@Pidgeot94: Thank you. Nice avatar, by the way. You got the 100 reply!

@Mrchewy: It took a long time to get the fog and clouds like that, but I do see what you mean, so I'll see what a lower opacity does for it.

@Impo: Thanks. Yeah, I wasn't really trying to fool anyone with that xD

@shadowtogepi: Agh, I should have said not to post anything without showing me first. Especially since the baby 'mon list has changed slightly. The Absol is definetely the best of the four, it catches the cuteness very well and barely needs any changes. The Pinsir is good, but looking in the wrong direction. We aren't using Ralts anymore. The Skarmory looks kind of creepy, but I guess it could be good after a lot of polishing.

@Fierce Deity H: Hi FDH, finally made the jump to brighter pastures? We aren't still using your sprites, but we could do with some new ones. Although, the quality needed has greatly improved since the last ones you did, so you'll have needed to too. Yeah, we are. I hope you don't mind?

@sir.euge: I was thinking of adding a rocky area to the north west, since it is so close to Mount. Kindle and that bit's quite empty. Also, we could maybe have a large part that opens up for a side quest at some point during the game. Thanks for the suggestion.

PokemonXENOTIME-1.png

I couldn't leave you guys with nothing, after such a long time without an update. So there it is (look up), XENOTIME's new logo, it's all made by me. I hope you like it and if you would like a similar effect done with the stone/metal/element of your games name, feel free to ask.

Update on update: When I do actually do a proper update, it'll be the biggest yet. Including, screens of the route east of Larcoon (by Wind Gale), the new touch screen menu system (by CrazyNinjaGuy), in-game videos, actual storyline part on the front page and a definitive demo date. As well as all of this, Aquakip may be making the baby Pokémon for us, I did tell shadowtogepi, but he wanted to anyway. He hasn't replied to me for a while so I don't know about his actual dedication, but if he does make them, they'll certainly be great!

I may edit this later with anything I missed/forgot.

Last edited:

TrackerXNinjaX

Traveling Artist
Years
I like the idea of this game, great work, liking the concept for the maps. I like the idea of the eggs you get from every gym leader, but how about mixing it up, so they could be anywhere in the town or surrounding area, but the leader will give you a hint or a technique you need like rock climb to get up to the place? Or they give you the HM rock climb, then you go through the short dungeon behind their gym to get to it?
Just my 3 cents.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I like the idea of this game, great work, liking the concept for the maps. I like the idea of the eggs you get from every gym leader, but how about mixing it up, so they could be anywhere in the town or surrounding area, but the leader will give you a hint or a technique you need like rock climb to get up to the place? Or they give you the HM rock climb, then you go through the short dungeon behind their gym to get to it?
Just my 3 cents.
I would normally wait for a few posts before replying, but I have to to this.
That's a really good idea. A lot more interesting than them just giving you it. I'll add that to the front page now. Thanks :)

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Why not? Dontcha think he looks kinda cool?
@Peeky Of course I knew they were baby versions! I came up with the idea, didn't I? :\
@shadowtogepi Absol is SO CUTE!!! I love it!
Also, I have an opinion on the egg idea. I think it should be some kind of riddle and a cave of some kind, and it's quite hard to catch. We all remember the Regis from Emerald, right?
Otherwise, I think the gym leader should just give it to you. I don't like the idea of the HM being used. Sorry, just my opinion.

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
skarmory and pinsir ARE bad, but the original for skarmory looked like a silver pirate torchic!
@pikarich thanks, I much prefer ralts. it was supposed to be small, and trying to look out from under it's helmet

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@インフェルノの津波: What pikarich said.

@pikarich: Actually, I had the idea, I think. Yeah, I was thinking of having riddles, although it may be hard to create hard enough ones. I do want the HM to be used in some way, it could be like a sort of tutorial of how to use it. But not a tutorial.

@Hybrid Trainer: Thanks, not long now!

@shadowtogepi: I aggree, they are quite bad. Don't go making anymore though, I've already said Aquakip is making them and you're only plan b.

@Bordew5: Thank you. Keep checking the thread for the demo release date.

@blendaz: Thanks, I certainly will!

Update:
Before the major update, I thought I'd give you guys something our twitter followers will have already seen. So here it is, the Okyto regions final map:
Map-4.png

It took me about three hours to make and I'm really pleased with it!

Competition:
The map (not including eastern island and mountain ranges) is actually based off a real life region in Britain. The first person to correctly identify the exact part it is based off will win a starring role in the game. You'll be a reccuring character up to the elite four, and even get to chose some of your own lines and what you look like. So, load the map off wikipedia and get searching!
Rules:
You can only guess more than one time if you wait for others to post, in other words, don't double post! It's in Britain, no where else! The deadline is April the 1st and if no one has won by then I'll randomly select one of the members* who has replied from now.
I'll contact you in VM as to not clutter up the topic.
*Only active members will be included in the shuffle.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
That'll be a bit of North Wales plus the Isle of Man. Just rotate it 90 degrees and flip horizontally. You've even got Snowdon in there (the snowy mountain, if you don't know it).

map-1.png

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Right, nobody has been correct so far. Although the resemblance between what Maruno posted and the map are uncanny. It's amazing how similar they are. Since they are so similar, if no one else guesses correctly before 12:00 pm tommorow (gmt), Maruno will win.

@Piplup-Trainer: The starting town is the one at the bottom left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back