• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will the identity of Ash's father ever be revealed?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
There have been many speculations for years on whom Ash's father might be.

Its been mentioned that he was apparently a Trainer who left on a Pokemon journey but never returned.

The closest person speculated to be Ash's father is Giovanni.

In Delia's bio on Bulbapedia this is mentioned:-
Spoiler:

This suggests that maybe Giovanni isn't Ash's father after all.

Do you think that Ash's father's identity will ever be revealed in the Anime? Actually I must ask - do you WANT Ash's father's identity to be revealed? At least I want that!

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 3, 2016
I personally vote towards Silver in the Pokemon Chronicles. He has a special relationship with a legendary bird, Moltres (kinda like Ash and Ho-oh?), and has a shoulder Pokemon, a Chikorita. Also, you should view this reaction at 10:22:

https://youtu.be/OqwQa56_7Ww

HE MUST BE ASH'S FATHER!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2017
No i don't think it would ever revealed.
But i will let me suprise. :3
Btw i don't believe there is a connection between Pokemon Live and the Anime.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I doubt it. Satoshi's father has never been presented as someone actually important that meeting him would be a huge moment in the anime. Satoshi's not even the only main character to have a missing parent or two – Kasumi, Dent, and Iris' parents have never been seen (or even alluded to, for that matter), Serena and Hikari's fathers have never appeared either, and Citron and Eureka's mother is absent as well.

I seriously don't understand why fans are so caught up in knowing who Satoshi's father is. He's never been a big deal.

But if the anime ever did decide for whatever reason to introduce Satoshi's father, I actually hope he ends up being as generic as any of the anime's COTDs. And that Satoshi's reaction to seeing him is no different than when he happens to meet his mother or Prof. Okido. Imagine the heads that would explode.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I doubt it. Satoshi's father has never been presented as someone actually important that meeting him would be a huge moment in the anime. Satoshi's not even the only main character to have a missing parent or two – Kasumi, Dent, and Iris' parents have never been seen (or even alluded to, for that matter), Serena and Hikari's fathers have never appeared either, and Citron and Eureka's mother is absent as well.

I seriously don't understand why fans are so caught up in knowing who Satoshi's father is. He's never been a big deal.

But if the anime ever did decide for whatever reason to introduce Satoshi's father, I actually hope he ends up being as generic as any of the anime's COTDs. And that Satoshi's reaction to seeing him is no different than when he happens to meet his mother or Prof. Okido. Imagine the heads that would explode.

They DID mention Ash's father in the second episode, and if the novelization is to be believed, he and his grandpa are deadbeats because they failed as Trainers.

So far as the other characters you mentioned, you're right about Iris, Dent, but you're actually wrong about Misty. As a matter of fact, Misty's parents actually WERE alluded to, at least in the novelization (and I'm pretty sure Misty's parents were indeed alluded to in Princess vs. Princess at least). Turns out, Misty's parents ditched her and her siblings in large part due to the impossibility of running in the gym (let's put it this way: If you thought AG and the others depicted gym leaders in a bad light, you really don't want to know how Gym Leaders are like in the novelization: They're effectively third-class citizens if even that, they got very little pay, their job is very costly, they can't expect any aid from the government, and they are basically told that if they lose to trainers three times in a row, their gym is shut down, many even fled just to get away from it). Speaking of which, did you know that Brock actually had multiple stepfathers, and that his mom was forced to constantly remarry just to save the gym after her various husbands including Flint ended up leaving the family thanks to how broken the whole Gym Leading position is? Honestly, a bit of a tangent, but it really does seem even more tasteless in how they removed Misty. Even if they couldn't keep her in, they should have at least let her actually continue her journey, heck, even willingly change her goal like Brock did instead of being forced to return to the gym.

Read this if you don't believe me: http://cindysuke.tumblr.com/post/34817930237/the-facts-about-pokemon-world-lol

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
They DID mention Ash's father in the second episode, and if the novelization is to be believed, he and his grandpa are deadbeats because they failed as Trainers.

So far as the other characters you mentioned, you're right about Iris, Dent, but you're actually wrong about Misty. As a matter of fact, Misty's parents actually WERE alluded to, at least in the novelization (and I'm pretty sure Misty's parents were indeed alluded to in Princess vs. Princess at least). Turns out, Misty's parents ditched her and her siblings in large part due to the impossibility of running in the gym (let's put it this way: If you thought AG and the others depicted gym leaders in a bad light, you really don't want to know how Gym Leaders are like in the novelization: They're effectively third-class citizens if even that, they got very little pay, their job is very costly, they can't expect any aid from the government, and they are basically told that if they lose to trainers three times in a row, their gym is shut down, many even fled just to get away from it). Speaking of which, did you know that Brock actually had multiple stepfathers, and that his mom was forced to constantly remarry just to save the gym after her various husbands including Flint ended up leaving the family thanks to how broken the whole Gym Leading position is? Honestly, a bit of a tangent, but it really does seem even more tasteless in how they removed Misty. Even if they couldn't keep her in, they should have at least let her actually continue her journey, heck, even willingly change her goal like Brock did instead of being forced to return to the gym.

Read this if you don't believe me: http://cindysuke.tumblr.com/post/34817930237/the-facts-about-pokemon-world-lol

Well According to Takeshi Shudo's novel , Ash is the result of a "One Night Stand"! However The Novel isn't canon.
And Misty's parent weren't mentioned in Princess Vs Princess.

If Ash's Grandfather or Father is a great Pokemon Master then there is a chance that all E4 , Champion & Gym-leader already knows them.
They probably doesn't know that Ash is related to them.
Who knows , Even May's parents might know Ash's father.
It would go like this--

(Ash battling in World Pokemon Tournament and A Mysterious Man watching him. Suddenly Norman & Caroline approachs him)

Norman : So , I was right ! He's your son .
Caroline : You might be very proud to see him there.
Ash's Dad: Hmm , That brat still has long way to go .

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Well According to Takeshi Shudo's novel , Ash is the result of a "One Night Stand"! However The Novel isn't canon.
And Misty's parent weren't mentioned in Princess Vs Princess.

If Ash's Grandfather or Father is a great Pokemon Master then there is a chance that all E4 , Champion & Gym-leader already knows them.
They probably doesn't know that Ash is related to them.
Who knows , Even May's parents might know Ash's father.
It would go like this--

Actually, I'm pretty sure Princess vs. Princess DID mention them. Who else could have given her sisters dolls and Misty hand-me-downs?

UltimateFrosty08

THE DAB MAN
Years
Well I think when the Biggest Pokemon Movie comes out Ash's Father will be revealed maybe he was studying new Legendary Pokemon and/or got Trapped in another Dimension of one of the Main Legendary Pokemon and Ash finds him in there and then the Movie Progresses from there?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Well I think when the Biggest Pokemon Movie comes out Ash's Father will be revealed maybe he was studying new Legendary Pokemon and/or got Trapped in another Dimension of one of the Main Legendary Pokemon and Ash finds him in there and then the Movie Progresses from there?

That's even ASSUMING there will be a new Pokémon movie. Don't forget, they tried to make the Hoopa movie the biggest Pokémon Movie, even including several legendaries, yet it flopped. Dogasu even put it best that despite doing everything they could to ensure it was a financial hit, it flopped.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
I totally agree with BluCat. He's clearly an experienced trainer, yet he has an unevolved Chikorita that just chills on his shoulder--sounds preeeetty familiar.

Plus his reaction when Richie mentions Ash leans heavily towards him knowing Ash, even though we've never seen them interact.

Getting some pretty strong father-vibes from this guy.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I totally agree with BluCat. He's clearly an experienced trainer, yet he has an unevolved Chikorita that just chills on his shoulder--sounds preeeetty familiar.

Plus his reaction when Richie mentions Ash leans heavily towards him knowing Ash, even though we've never seen them interact.

Getting some pretty strong father-vibes from this guy.

Here is more prof

http://rebelious99.tumblr.com/post/132593497275/ashs-dad

tumblr_inline_nxc6d2051Q1sspm76_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_nxc6fjByUA1sspm76_250.png

See anything familiar ???

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 3, 2016

I like it! :D I never noticed that before. I would like to see Ash's father though. I think it would be so cool.

I

I actually want to see that now! It'd be hilarious! ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Did they ever explicibly state that he was Ash's dad? I don't think so. :x

According to the novelizations Ash's Dad left Delia after Ash was born to travel but he never made it to the top 100. So even though a lot of stuff from the novels have been retconned I don't believe that there is anything that has really retconned that? Not in japan, at the very least. That said it was stated a while ago that Ash's dad won't be appearing unless it's integral to Ash's development which I don't see happening anytime soon if at all.

Back