• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Tried to add a new evolution stone to the game - It doesn't work

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
I used PGE's Item Editor and Pokemon Editor to add a new evolution stone to the game,
and I made sure to make it identical to the other evolution stones like Fire Stone. So it has the same
field effect and all of that. And then I changed Feebas evolution method to evolve via this new item, but it doesn't work.

When I select the item it goes to my party, and the 'No use' text doesn't show up on Feebas, so I click him, but then it says 'It won't have any effect.'

Does anyone know why it doesn't work?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
It already is.

I did some research and the game does two checks when trying to evolve a Pokemon with an Evo Stone, the second check is what's cucking me and involves adding something to a table... I don't understand this one yet.

Alternatively I could edit one of the existing stones since they already work, but that's not ideal because then I only have 5 to work with.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Mentioning PGE triggered my alert. PGE hasn't been posted on this site for several years. Minimal support for PGE is currently offered here. I'll take a look at your issue when I am available.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Mentioning PGE triggered my alert. PGE hasn't been posted on this site for several years. Minimal support for PGE is currently offered here. I'll take a look at your issue when I am available.

lol, bot reply again for mention of his editor XD

Back