• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

exp format(due to limited cards) gengar

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
havent been able to make some new ones >.<
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 3 Talonflame STS 96
* 3 Gastly BKT 58
* 2 Haunter BKT 59
* 3 Gengar BKT 60
* 2 Hoopa STS 51
* 1 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
* 2 Phantump BKP 64
* 1 Trevenant XY 55
* 1 Trevenant BKP 65

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Wally ROS 107
* 1 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 4 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
* 2 Escape Rope PLS 120
* 1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 2 Rocky Helmet BCR 133
* 2 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 1 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 1 Random Receiver DEX 99
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 10

* 10 Psychic Energy HSEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

so far quite good with 7win out of 11games. 2lose out of the 4loses because in the need of completing quest :P
well against water, leaf, fire, thunder, etc is good since i could instant a lot of their pokemon with gengar n trevenant attack. but against magearna its a bitch considering i cant instant her with gengar attack.
(i think i could still instant with gengar attack if i use hex maniac during that turn, which i dont have in deck)

i could think of some improvement but due to the number of card i got is limited i cant really check it. like combined with gardevoir with 2psychic energy bonus or with mew(normal one from xy evolution) but it take a lot of space n doesnt seem to be played nicely. any one can gve some more pointer?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
My friend runs a similarish deck in standard right now and it's a bit of a hit and miss deck, it definitely is more suited to EXPD. I'll do you a quick list of what I'd play in it.

http://pastebin.com/MKRim4kv

You want Lysandre because you can start sweeping off via Gengar after hitting everything on the bench with Trev Break. The XY Trev gives item lock which is beyond useful in any format and you can get it turn 1 via Wally. Jirachi EX is there to get Wally out via it's ability. It can be searched for via level ball or ultra ball which means you can get it turn 1 pretty easily. The biggest threat this deck has in STND is rough seas, however it's such a lesser seen card in EXPD that you can probably miss Delinquent out in this deck.

The BKP trev remains because he's an effective slow down against Toad, Yveltal and NM.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
well thats why i use hoopa sometimes it could help to set with rocky helmet.
if i got ace spec rock guard i could aim n kill each time get attacked.

but at end of the game kind of hard to set the deck since u can only rely on whatever pokemon left in field or thats all to it, some deck is using paralel city(forget name) the one make pokemon into 3 in bench.i thought to combine with combee that get more dmg for each pokemon in discard pile but wonder whether my energy go 6 only

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
well thats why i use hoopa sometimes it could help to set with rocky helmet.
if i got ace spec rock guard i could aim n kill each time get attacked.

but at end of the game kind of hard to set the deck since u can only rely on whatever pokemon left in field or thats all to it, some deck is using paralel city(forget name) the one make pokemon into 3 in bench.i thought to combine with combee that get more dmg for each pokemon in discard pile but wonder whether my energy go 6 only

Even if they only have 3 benched, if any of those are EXs you're gonna take double prizes. You don't need to take 6 prizes, you just need to clear their bench out.

Trev Break will hit everything for 3 dmg counters, Gengar knocks out anything with 3 or more damage counters. You don't need to worry past your second attack, Gengar will do the rest :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
pity on tcgo wasnt possible to watch replay bif only i could show u what i mean.
normal ex deck like yanmega/ raticate or green ninja that i met yesterday could show how hard to clash at the end of game. really close jst because he lack energy or card to reduce his hand to 4. really2 lucky.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Some match ups you just wont win unfortunately

Back