• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GiftLocke

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
GiftLocke

A Pokemon challenge I've been playing and testing privately since 2012, and I think it's finally ready for release!, now I have seen a challenge similar to this called a 'Catchless Challenge' which has been around for much longer than this one (Going off when it was posted to the forums), so lets call this an easier version of that XD

Overview -
GiftLocke is a challenge in which the player is highly restricted when obtaining Pokemon. The player is only allowed to obtain Pokemon via paying money for them, though in game trade, hatched from an egg or as a gift/bought from an NPC.

Rules -

Catching:

- You are not allowed to catch wild Pokemon, unless they're shiny or legendary which are not allowed to used in battle (I end up using them for the after game).
- (Leaf Green/Fire Red) You are allowed to buy coins from the Game Corner to get Pokemon as prizes which you can use in battle. (For increased difficulty only use tokens given to you by npcs, ones you find on the floor, or ones you win yourself if you're doing this just don't buy any!) (Or don't use the game corner at all)
- You are allowed to use Pokemon hatched from eggs in battle.
- Using the Safari Zone Is permitted and you can use captured Pokemon but if you want more of a challenge then don't use it!

Other:

- There are no cheats or glitches allowed to be used, which allow you to directly gain Pokemon.
- You may not use pokemon you traded over from another game.
- When picking a starter Pokemon, choose the one you don't usually choose. Or use the one you think will be the most challenging to use. (Choosing Squirtle will result in you getting stuck after the S.S Ann!)
- You are not allowed to buy from Poke Marts, you are only allowed to get items you find on the floor or are given to by an npc. (you are allowed to sell to them!) (you are allowed to buy from stalls that are not associated with the Pokemon league)
- You are allowed to use Vending Machines.
- No other restrictions.

Notes:

- Tested and do able Pokemon Games:
Red/Blue/Green
Yellow
Fire Red/Leaf Green
Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire - is Possible, if you choose Mudkip you could get stuck.
Light Platinum (Rom Hack)

Other games do have gift Pokemon, but as I've not tested them I'm not too sure on how realistic they are to complete :)

If you have any ideas for improvements or just additions, leave a comment or PM me :)

Oh If you end up using this challenge please leave a link to this page! (Or credit me) :3

Last edited:
Back