• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Hi, LC, can you help me ask someone to translate my hack into English version? My hack has two region with 807 Pokemons. When the official Gen 8 released, I will probably consider to ask you replace me continue to renew my hack.

This question does not match with the topic of pokemon theta emerald, this question goes here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=384

you need to be careful to ask questions in the right thread, or you might be banned!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Update #2 to bugs found so far in Theta Emerald EX (Most recent version)

Bug: Using the moves Drain Kiss and Electro Ball, cause the game to hang, but NOT freeze. (Fix: Set Battle animations to OFF. Note: This disables most animations, like the mega evolution. It will still work, but won't show the animation)

Incorrect data: Rocky Helmet causes 1/6 damage instead of 1/8 when contact is made. Possibly the ability Iron Barbs as well.

Inconvenience: Net Ball has gibberish text and takes a second to load it when viewing in bag or mart.

Bug: Rayquaza's Ability text is glitched, and takes a little longer to display, but both the PKMN and its ability work as intended.

Incorrect data: The moves Spiky Shield and Kings Shield both can be used more than once consecutively, like Protect/Detect/Endure

[Medium] Bug: In a double battle against two separate trainers, if one of the trainers has no usable PKMN left and the other has only one and decides to use Volt switch or U turn, the game sends out a Missingno, but has the stats and cry of one of their PKMN. It's killable, but has zero HP and game doesn't recognize it until you attack it. (Fix: None, at the moment)

[Medium] Bug: Using the Battle Frontier, Tent, or doing linked battles between two flash cards cause a LOT of issues, such as losing ALL TM's, including the ability to collect further one's, having the main item back being replaced with an insane number of Max Repels and Max ethers, and will take up essentially all available slots.

Freeze: Lucky Chant causes game to freeze. Music continues to play but am unable to continue game, or soft reset. (Fix: Either avoid PKMN that have this move in their learnset or, if unavoidable, use the move Taunt before the AI uses the corrupt move)

Freeze: Viewing the Assault Vest description causes game to freeze when shopping at the Battle Tent mart. Still able to soft reset. (Fix: Don't pick up or attempt to scroll on the Assault Vest tab)

Freeze: Randomly, certain Double battles, especially the 7th gym leader, may cause the game to freeze upon switching in Pokemon. Many have reported it to be the Gardevoir Tate and Liza use, but no consistent evidence has yet proven what the culprit is. (Fix: When possible, avoid double battles, or battle them one at a time instead of having them both walk up to you)

you need to be careful to ask questions in the right thread, or you might be banned!

That's not true. Admins won't ban people for posting in the wrong section. Panda Face does this quite frequently and still has his account

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022
I wish that it was compatible with any save editor. Most roms even thos that have major changes can still be edited with a save editor. I like setting optimal natures and EV stats. I guess there are just simply too many things which have changed from the original emerald.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 25, 2019
IS it ok if i use this for my rom hack. I will credit you in any way you want

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 14, 2021
IS it ok if i use this for my rom hack. I will credit you in any way you want

Literally
Read
The
First
It may seem like a stupid idea, but he literally says his opinion on people using this as a base. If you're not gonna respect someone enough to read their post in entirety, why do you expect them to answer positively anyways?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 20, 2019
Guys I'm having one tiny problem and is idk how to mega evolve as it doesn't show a certain button to mega evolve my blazekin I got the stone and it has somehow mega evolved once but idk how to do it can one someone help me out? ( Pokemon theta emerald ex) (gba4ios)

Years
Guys I'm having one tiny problem and is idk how to mega evolve as it doesn't show a certain button to mega evolve my blazekin I got the stone and it has somehow mega evolved once but idk how to do it can one someone help me out? ( Pokemon theta emerald ex) (gba4ios)
Press start while choosing a move in-battle.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 20, 2019
Hey guys, by any chance does anyone know where to catch a frogi/ frogidier or greninja? IF you do can message me or reply? Thanks

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hey guys, by any chance does anyone know where to catch a frogi/ frogidier or greninja? IF you do can message me or reply? Thanks

Route 117 has a Froakie at level 19 or so. It'll be a 1% encounter. There's also location guide for this game. Check previous posts in this thread.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
It's been a while since I've done an actual update on anything in my life, not to mention my YouTube channel. So, here's what's going on. A little while ago, I made a post that simply said Pokemon Emerald DLC. I guess now is a good time to explain what that is. As you know, I've made hacks that included alot of Pokemon. Now, this is nothing like that. Instead, this game will include all cross-gen evolutions of gen 1-3 Pokemon and forms. It will include the revamped battle engine...or as close to revamped as possible because the people who made it kind of stopped doing so...yeah haha. But the big change is going to include the Kanto region as a second region to explore. Sounds cool, but there's a problem...every time I try to include the newly made tilesets, Advance Map is not having it and kind of ruins it...so that's not good. Unless there is a better alternative, or someone to explain in a better way to add new tilesets and have them function in Advance Map, or hopefully a better map editor, this might not be out for quite some time.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 12, 2019
It's been a while since I've done an actual update on anything in my life, not to mention my YouTube channel. So, here's what's going on. A little while ago, I made a post that simply said Pokemon Emerald DLC. I guess now is a good time to explain what that is. As you know, I've made hacks that included alot of Pokemon. Now, this is nothing like that. Instead, this game will include all cross-gen evolutions of gen 1-3 Pokemon and forms. It will include the revamped battle engine...or as close to revamped as possible because the people who made it kind of stopped doing so...yeah haha. But the big change is going to include the Kanto region as a second region to explore. Sounds cool, but there's a problem...every time I try to include the newly made tilesets, Advance Map is not having it and kind of ruins it...so that's not good. Unless there is a better alternative, or someone to explain in a better way to add new tilesets and have them function in Advance Map, or hopefully a better map editor, this might not be out for quite some time.

Hi. (:

Are you aware of bugs in the some moves animations, like Drain Kiss? If so, are you still planning to fix this in the free version?

Thanks

Last edited:
Years
Hi. (:

Are you aware of bugs in the some moves animations, like Drain Kiss? If so, are you still planning to fix this in the free version?

Thanks
They are rombase glitches and the Drain Kiss glitch only occurs on certain emulators but in VBA, it doesn't. Also other move animations are still being created.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
To the guys who want me to use Pokemon Essentials to do a Pokemon game from the ground up instead of Pokemon hacking, where is the most current starter kit that has data up to gen 7?

Back