• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2008
... OK, you CAN actually use them for rmxp. open them in ms paint (which is a program on almost every pc, they usually come with it on them) then click edit, select all. then pres ctrl and + at the same time (the + on the number pad) then pres ctrl and c, then ctrl and v. and there, they are the right size and have the right look. done.

yes, i know, but as i said, they don't apear to be transparent because they are animated, this is why:

in an animated tile, the system naturally fades from one part of it to another, so if it's transparent, it gets doubled up. (so that it almost never looks translucent, because it has 2 layers on it) it CAN look translucent for a few moments, but that's rare, the best way to fix this is to do an every other pixel invisibility thing. (or at least this is what i've come to understand, and this is the only solution i have found that has actually worked.)

tnx. I forget about resize the all picture,I resized it 1 after 1

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Eeww.. I preferred the original style of RMXP's autotiles. Is there any way to disable this "natural" fading? Looks the same really.

not that i know of, as i said, it's what i've come to understand, (meaning i had the same problem and had to have someone else explain it to me T-T) that's why i said, just make every other pixel invisable, it looks like the picture is transparent (which is what you need)

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
I had no problem adding trainer battles to my game so far, and using the same names on the trainername.txt and the trainers.txt, I added the trainer to battle and i get this error:

Exception: RuntimeError
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBTrainers::Kanto_PkMn_Trainer_Ash
Section019:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section019:753:in `eval'
Section019:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section019:753:in `command_111'
Section019:292:in `execute_command'
Section019:190:in `update'
Section019:104:in `loop'
Section019:195:in `update'
Section021:98:in `update'
Section021:96:in `loop'

Interpreter:249:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:753:in `command_111'
Interpreter:292:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `loop'
Scene_Map:109:in `update'
Scene_Map:65:in `main'

Does any one know what's wrong?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I have a question to ask. I want to implement the Trade event for my game but the version of Pokemon starterkit I'm currently using is still the one updated in February. I don't know whether it's possible for me to add trade event to my game and if possible, can anyone of you tell me how to edit the script? Thanks a lot!

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
How do you use this starter kit effectivly?
And will the scripts work on RPG Maker VX?

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
How do you use this starter kit effectivly?
And will the scripts work on RPG Maker VX?

Since I have both Xp and Vx, I transfered the scripts to VX and all the required graphics, data and such and the game played through the game.exe but not through the game project where you edit and so on probably as Jirbytaylor mentioned due to the tilemap differences, the scripts should work though since poccil put the RGSS2 Compatibility script in the newer versions of the SK.

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
i've been playing with this starter kit for awhile now and i'm wondering 1) how do you insert the other 27 unown? (it only comes with A) 2) how i go about implementing the arceus factor, meaning the changing of it's type by plates? and 3) how would i put in new pokeballs and items that do specfic things? (i.e., net ball, max repel, cleanse tag) any answers would be greatly apperated. =D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
i've been playing with this starter kit for awhile now and i'm wondering 1) how do you insert the other 27 unown? (it only comes with A) 2) how i go about implementing the arceus factor, meaning the changing of it's type by plates? and 3) how would i put in new pokeballs and items that do specfic things? (i.e., net ball, max repel, cleanse tag) any answers would be greatly apperated. =D

1) poccil has not added the known pokedex yet, but i think you can do it by creating 2 region pokedexs (read note.html to find out how) and just making the unknown unfindable for one dex, and the other dex just have it only find unknown. though i am not sure if this will work.

2) what do you mean changing it's type by plates? what is "it" that you are talking about?

3) please read the note.html file before asking questions here, because that is explained in the items section.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2009
I got RPG Maker XP, but when I open Editor.exe, it still fails to load. Is there something wrong?!?

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2008
Maby your computer use the rmvx to open the editor,try to change the "open with",but you dont need to use the editor.exe ,the game has the same options when you open him from the program.
Oh,and I found 2 bugs in the kit:
1. If the both pokemons have the same nikname then they got the same attacks after they get some lvls.
2. When i've made a teleport in the water(but on land),every time im fishing its teleport me to this map (with the same x and y that he was at when he fishing)

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
The starter kit is built for XP, so it will very likely not work with VX. In fact it's probably impossible because of VX's different tilemap system.

Im talking about the scripts from PBS that are on notepad.Also the tileset system is located in GRAPHICS/SYSTEM ive already imported the tilesets but i dont yet know how to replace them A,B,C,D,E Tileset.So,can i use the scripts from PBS in RPG Maker XP?also, how can i replace A,B,C,D,E with other tilesets on GRAPHICS/SYSTEM?

p.s.i have both rpg maker xp/vx full version but my rpgmaker xp is different from the others.its called RPG MAKER XP POSTALITY KNIGHTS EDITION ENHANCED and the rpg maker xp project that comes with poke starter called "Game" dosnt work "due to incompatability between versions" when i try to open it with my rpg maker xp.

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
2) what do you mean changing it's type by plates? what is "it" that you are talking about?

3) please read the note.html file before asking questions here, because that is explained in the items section.

it as in arceus. in d/p, arceus could change it's type depending on the plate it held. (ie., insect plate made it bug type, spooky plate made it ghost type) (more info here)

and the note.html file says two different ways to insert new items, to edit the PBS/items.txt and the other says to insert script. just editting the PBS/items.txt doesn't seem to give the new item any special quailities beside being an item in it's designated place. the insert script part doesn't specify if it needs to be input into the scripts section of rpgmxp or input into an event that the game will take care of for you, like a pokemon trainer.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
1) 2) what do you mean changing it's type by plates? what is "it" that you are talking about?quote]

hes talking about using the fire plate to turn it into a fire type,the ice plate to turn it into an ice type,ect.

I open the editor, it then closes, can someone explain?!?

you dont have rtp (run time package) installed

Last edited:

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Alright, so here I am, with another problem. This is rather weird one about picture opacities.

First off, I'm trying to show sunlight strokes on my map. Everything's going good so far, and the system works properly:
Weird1.png

Now, this is what happens if I take one step forward from this point:
Weird2.png

See the difference?
Weird1.png
Weird2.png

Weird, yes? It's not an eventing problem, as it's happening on every map of mine. No, I don't have any parallel common events running apart from this one. I think it has something to do with the mid-way point of the map, as it's happening when I cross that point.
Also, if I take a step backward, the image goes back to it's normal opacity.
In short: The image opacity changes as I cross the mid-way point of the map.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I have a question to ask. I want to implement the Trade event for my game but the version of Pokemon starterkit I'm currently using is still the one updated in February. I don't know whether it's possible for me to add trade event to my game and if possible, can anyone of you tell me how to edit the script? Thanks a lot!

No one knows how to make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back