The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Spoilers Shipping Discussions

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread

Old October 4th, 2017 (12:14 AM).

Nature: Adamant
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
    Just like Misty is tied to her Gym thanks to her Sisters, Mallow is tied to her family restaurant thanks to her Parents. Just as Misty can easily break free if her siblings step up to the plate, Mallow can break free from the Restaurant thanks to a sibling as well(her Brother). If her Brother returns home, he can take her place inside the Restaurant. This would give her more time to pursue other things, such as going on a journey or becoming a Trial Captain/Gym Leader.

Lillie is a possibility and perhaps both Lillie AND Mallow could join Ash and Serena(hah 4 person group with Ash as a lone Male.... Brock would be so jealous). There are just two issues with Lillie being in the group. 1) We have no idea what the outcome of the Aether/Ultra Beast arc will have on Lillie. In the games she goes to Kanto to try and help her Mother. Will they follow that premise in the Anime or go off the beaten path like they've done all along so far in the Anime. 2) Serena and Lillie would vie for the main Female Lead. Mallow has been shoved into the background as a support character so far in Sun and Moon(a travesty in my eyes as I just liked the type of character she happened to be), hence you'd have two Alpha Females vying for screen time. Also Lillie may not seem like an Alpha Female but trust me her character is one(writers just haven't turned her into one yet).
    Lillie is from Kanto? Uh oh.. And I think Lillie also gave Ash an egg? Correct me if im wrong.

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 4th, 2017 (9:05 AM).

Quote:
      Just like Misty is tied to her Gym thanks to her Sisters, Mallow is tied to her family restaurant thanks to her Parents. Just as Misty can easily break free if her siblings step up to the plate, Mallow can break free from the Restaurant thanks to a sibling as well(her Brother). If her Brother returns home, he can take her place inside the Restaurant. This would give her more time to pursue other things, such as going on a journey or becoming a Trial Captain/Gym Leader.

Lillie is a possibility and perhaps both Lillie AND Mallow could join Ash and Serena(hah 4 person group with Ash as a lone Male.... Brock would be so jealous). There are just two issues with Lillie being in the group. 1) We have no idea what the outcome of the Aether/Ultra Beast arc will have on Lillie. In the games she goes to Kanto to try and help her Mother. Will they follow that premise in the Anime or go off the beaten path like they've done all along so far in the Anime. 2) Serena and Lillie would vie for the main Female Lead. Mallow has been shoved into the background as a support character so far in Sun and Moon(a travesty in my eyes as I just liked the type of character she happened to be), hence you'd have two Alpha Females vying for screen time. Also Lillie may not seem like an Alpha Female but trust me her character is one(writers just haven't turned her into one yet).
      I'd be all for Mallow traveling with Ash but wrt Misty, she actually didn't want to really be there whereas Mallow loves her restaurant and her dad. In her episode, it made it clear that she also feels the need to be there for him etc which is why I don't feel it'll happen.
      I would like that four person team you're suggesting and I do believe Lillie's arc is totally going to change her (she should remember her past etc and grow from it). I do believe she'd save her mother in the anime though with Ash's help (she won't get the Lysander ending). If we were lucky to get Serena and Lillie as two female companions, I could see them sharing the lead (even having a lot of episodes showing both their growth).
      Old October 6th, 2017 (10:04 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Johnny.T View Post
        Lillie is from Kanto? Uh oh.. And I think Lillie also gave Ash an egg? Correct me if im wrong.
        Lillie isn’t from Kanto but she travels to Kanto to try and find a solution to a problem involving her mother. I don’t own Sun and Moon so I’m basing this off what I’ve read about the game. Whether they follow that in the Anime remains to be seen. If they did, it might leave the door open for Lillie to join Ash in a future series. As far as Lillie giving Ash an egg, that hasn’t happened in Sun and Moon anime(and I don’t believe it occurs in the game, regardless if you’re Sun or Moon). Lillie gets an egg as part of a class project in which it hatches into a Rokon(aka Vulpix). She nicknamed the Egg Shiron(aka Snowy or Snowball) and the nickname stuck after it hatched into an Alola Vulpix.

@Rajas: Good point about Mallow. She really likes her family restaurant and would feel guilty leaving him(her Father) to fend for himself(which is kind of sad as he’s a grown man who can hire help but I suppose this isn’t realistic lol). However, you kind of ignored the Skeleton key I introduced for her escape: her brother. Her brother could pick up the slack to where she won’t feel as guilty leaving her family behind, allowing her to travel around just like her Brother did(hence leaving the door open for Traveling with Ash). I honestly feel that if Mallow traveled with Serena and Ash that she would be a huge help to Amourshipping.
        Old October 6th, 2017 (11:14 AM).

Quote:
          @Rajas: Good point about Mallow. She really likes her family restaurant and would feel guilty leaving him(her Father) to fend for himself(which is kind of sad as he’s a grown man who can hire help but I suppose this isn’t realistic lol). However, you kind of ignored the Skeleton key I introduced for her escape: her brother. Her brother could pick up the slack to where she won’t feel as guilty leaving her family behind, allowing her to travel around just like her Brother did(hence leaving the door open for Traveling with Ash). I honestly feel that if Mallow traveled with Serena and Ash that she would be a huge help to Amourshipping.
          Yeah there is the possibility of her brother but that's if they ever introduce him. I do agree Mallow may help with amourshipping though as she is that type of girl. As I said, I'd love the dynamic made possible by it but the writers are being held back from their true potential imo.
          Old October 21st, 2017 (7:14 PM).

I say that Ash x Lillie x Lusamine a good ship. :D
            Old October 22nd, 2017 (3:38 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SH60 View Post
              Yeah, this recent episode had some good moments for them

Old October 22nd, 2017 (6:38 PM). Edited October 22nd, 2017 by Frozocrone.
              Fighting a bigger fight

Quote:
                Assuming romantic, incest ships are never a good thing.

Platonic is fine, but most if not all ships imply see form of romance.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
                Old October 22nd, 2017 (6:48 PM). Edited October 22nd, 2017 by SH60.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
                  Assuming romantic, incest ships are never a good thing.

Platonic is fine, but most if not all ships imply see form of romance.
                  That ship was more of a joke than anything. :P
                  Old December 12th, 2017 (1:28 AM).

Nature: Naughty
                    Right, u know how everyone thinks James of team rocket (personally my favourite character) is gay. Well I do toatally agree with that. Especially through his comments like I am a flaming moltres! To which Jessie asks where did he get that costume and meowth replies I think it came right out of his closet. Anyway moving on, everyone forgets the episode the ghost at maidens peak, where James and brock show a large amount of interest♥ in the ghost. So tell me what u think of this and if anyone else has thought this because I think that I am basically the only person that noticed this and am interested to see if santons else remembers this episode from alll the way back in indigo league.:4: here is a random cyndaquil cos they r just so freaking cute!
                    Old December 14th, 2017 (4:13 AM).
                    just a miserable pile of secrets

Nature: Careful
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TeamRocket4Ever View Post
                      Right, u know how everyone thinks James of team rocket (personally my favourite character) is gay.
                      Is he tho? I know the dub portrays him as an effeminate man... But that's far cry from his depiction in the Jap dub. As he's portrayed as the stereotypical Bishounen (Beautiful boy), Oji (Prince) He even has the flowers and roses and everything. In one continuity he also ends up marrying Musashi/Jessie.

I won't argue that the dub James does seem a little... gay...
                      Old January 23rd, 2018 (8:55 PM).

I'm a fan of Amourshipping
                        Old January 28th, 2018 (2:58 PM).
                        rikadventure time

Nature: Naive
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by CidHazard View Post
                        In one continuity he also ends up marrying Musashi/Jessie.
                        In one continuity? What does that mean? Sounds interesting :D I think they are super cute together.
                        Old January 31st, 2018 (12:12 AM).
                        Jacksterhikanearylup 136 Jacksterhikanearylup 136 is online now
                        Pearlshipper

I like Pearlshipping best.

My Youtube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3F1xYbn0WrwlqWOHQ8T9fg
                          I make Pokemon Anime AMV's and disscussions.

Old February 1st, 2018 (1:59 AM).

Quote:
                            ooooookay..... trying to get that mental image out of my head lusamine is lilies mum for arceus’s sake! Like I mean that’s almost as gross as one ship can’t remember the name but it puts Gary and prof oak together. :t055:
                            Old February 1st, 2018 (2:38 AM).
                            Pearlshipper

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by TeamRocket4Ever View Post
                              ooooookay..... trying to get that mental image out of my head lusamine is lilies mum for arceus’s sake! Like I mean that’s almost as gross as one ship can’t remember the name but it puts Gary and prof oak together. :t055:
                              Gary and Professor Oak is called, 'Oakshipping.'

Old February 1st, 2018 (11:24 AM).

k thanks , but i mean who even comes up with these ships it is so mucked up and is just like.... also gary is underage. he is like ten. oak is like...70. Ship maker: Hmmmm. waht should be our next ship? Oh Prof. Oak and Gary. Theres only a 60 year age gap should be tottaly fine yeah.
                                Old February 1st, 2018 (3:18 PM).
                                Pearlshipper

I agree. Some people who make ships are so mucked up. Whoever made stuff like Gary c his Grandad and Bonnie x Profesor Oak, is defiantly messed up.

Old February 2nd, 2018 (8:32 PM).
                                  I say a lot of words

Nature: Timid
                                    Um...I don't have anything really intelligent to say on the subject, but I've liked Appealshipping (Dawn x Zoey) since I was just a kid watching the show, and would like to see if there are any other fans of it on here. ^_^
                                    Old February 17th, 2018 (9:56 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by stars View Post
                                      In one continuity? What does that mean? Sounds interesting :D I think they are super cute together.
                                      Yeah they are XD

In the Electric tale of Pikachu, a separate story/continuity manga the two of them end up marrying each other in the end.
                                      Old February 18th, 2018 (9:07 PM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by CidHazard View Post
                                        Yeah they are XD

In the Electric tale of Pikachu, a separate story/continuity manga the two of them end up marrying each other in the end.
                                        When I watched Pokemon all those years ago when it first started, I always pictured those two(Jesse&James) as a couple. Particularly when they dived into their past(most notably James where he was betrothed to another woman by his parents), it only made their partnership that much more meaningful to where you almost forgot they were antagonists.

At least their shipping has a shot due to them being much older than our main protagonists.
                                        Old February 18th, 2018 (9:45 PM).

Quote:
                                          At least their shipping has a shot due to them being much older than our main protagonists.
                                          Maybe someday. If you think about it James is the perfect guy for Jessie... and we have somebody propose in the shows... who really knows XD
                                          Old February 20th, 2018 (2:43 AM).
                                          I say a lot of words

Nature: Timid
                                            Okay, I'm really really late on this one, but I recently started watching XY after being away from the anime for a long time (it's so pure and such a good anxiety soother, aaaa)...I just got to that episode, where Ash remembers Serena and there's the flashback to camp. It was honestly more endearing to me than I was expecting :D

I mean, when little Serena was lost in the woods and panicking, then hurt her leg and started crying for her mother and regretting going to camp...I just could really put myself in her shoes. :( I can see why Ash stuck in her memory so much, showing up in such a bleak (to a kid) situation and not only helping with her injury, but acting as her companion and helping her calm down. Then later in the episode, she helps him out with the Rhyhorn thing...I think they make an excellent team. :3 (Also, wow! Serena really held onto that handkerchief for a long time. :O XD)
                                            Old February 20th, 2018 (9:15 AM).

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by EmTheGhost View Post
                                              Okay, I'm really really late on this one, but I recently started watching XY after being away from the anime for a long time (it's so pure and such a good anxiety soother, aaaa)...I just got to that episode, where Ash remembers Serena and there's the flashback to camp. It was honestly more endearing to me than I was expecting :D

I mean, when little Serena was lost in the woods and panicking, then hurt her leg and started crying for her mother and regretting going to camp...I just could really put myself in her shoes. :( I can see why Ash stuck in her memory so much, showing up in such a bleak (to a kid) situation and not only helping with her injury, but acting as her companion and helping her calm down. Then later in the episode, she helps him out with the Rhyhorn thing...I think they make an excellent team. :3 (Also, wow! Serena really held onto that handkerchief for a long time. :O XD)
                                              You haven't seen anything yet involving those two. Ryhorn race in Episode 7 was just the beginning. I'll give you a list of Episodes to watch. Not all are mandatory but they all have their own Amourshipping quirks.

Episode 13 with Ash battling a Fairy type for the first time(Sylveon ironically enough) where Serena gets concerned that Ash might be "taken away"
                                              Episode 21 involving Pokevision
                                              Episode 26 where Miette is introduced
                                              Episode 31 wherein Serena gets a sentimental photo of the group(particularly because she's close to Ash)
                                              Episode 37(Cave of Mirrors)
                                              Pokemon Summer Camp Mini-Arc(39 through 42)
                                              Episode 53(Serena vs. her mother wherein Ash helps motivate her to win)
                                              Episode 59(Self-explanatory)
                                              Episode 60(particularly the end)
                                              Episode 73(more so because it introduces Sawyer and has one of my favorite scenes in it)
                                              Episode 78(optional filler but its a Pikachu movie...)
                                              Episode 80(Miette again with an infamous Bonnie scene)
                                              Episode 89(Eevee for the win!)
                                              Episode 90(Shauna and an infamous Amourshipping scene)
                                              Episode 105(XYZ 12 and of all Amourshipping Episodes, this is #2 by far)
                                              Episode 109(XYZ 16 Serena's Final Key)
                                              Episode 112/113(XYZ 19/20. Master Class Episodes)
                                              Episode 115( XYZ 22, Mrs. Serena Ketchum by alot of Amourshippers)
                                              Episode 120/121/122(XYZ 27/28/29, Snowballs be flying, true feelings come to surface)
                                              Episode 138(XYZ 45, last battle with Ash)
                                              Episode 140(XYZ 47, infamous #1 Amourshipping Episode)

Also Episodes 14, 29, 47, 50, 64, 72, 83, 85, 91, 95(XYZ 2) and 101(XYZ 8) are optional but have good Serena moments. Strongly recommend you give XY&XYZ a solid chance. It takes awhile to get going(particularly with regards to Serena) but it quickly makes up for it from say Episode 80 onward. Not to say the Episodes prior to it are trash(they're not) but plot-wise with regards to Serena, it speeds up considerably as her performer arc is done by Episode 113(or a span of 34 Episodes if you include Episode 80).
                                              Old April 27th, 2018 (1:05 AM).

6th generation is still the best anime so far
                                                Old April 27th, 2018 (1:30 PM).
                                                CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is offline

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by MC Poke View Post
                                                  6th generation is still the best anime so far
                                                  For shipping? Eh I suppose there are numerous Amourshipping moments but other series have good moments for respective shippings. Penguinshipping in DP has a few good Episodes while Pokeshipping has several memorable Episodes. To say XY is the best series simply because of Amourshipping is not taking into account its rather obvious flaws.
                                                  Closed Thread

Quick Reply