• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

mystreon

The Forgotten eeveelution.
Years
As for Anabel, she was post-game content if memory serves, although it would be interesting for Ash to run into her again. Heck there are tons of characters I'd like Ash to see again but they can't go out of their way to bring back old characters(has to be a reason for it).

Yea but there would be a reason tho, a whole mystery arc involving ultra beasts and Anabel not remembering anything about ash or her past life.

Also i really feel like ash is going to get that wimpod he met despite it being one of guzmas pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
This could be another region where Ash doesn't evolve/fully evolve his starter pokemon.

You know, you could have a point considering SM has had much less focus on battling than any other generation saga before it. Rowlet being a comedy relief role (along with Rotom Dex) could also lower its chances of evolving since the comedy relief Pokemon tend to never evolve, as we saw with Oshawott, Chespin, Corphish, Totodile and Piplup.

Litten going all the way to Incineroar seems likely since Ash did appear on Incineroar's section of the leaked artwork from last year. Also, HDvee (a Pokemon YouTuber) noticed a pattern with Ash's Fire-type starters - Charmander fully evolved, Cyndaquil evolved once (albeit in Sinnoh and not Johto), May obtained Torchic instead of Ash, then Chimchar fully evolved, Tepig evolved once, and Serena obtained Fennekin instead of Ash. It's a coincidence, but would be interesting if it really is an intentional pattern.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
You know, you could have a point considering SM has had much less focus on battling than any other generation saga before it. Rowlet being a comedy relief role (along with Rotom Dex) could also lower its chances of evolving since the comedy relief Pokemon tend to never evolve, as we saw with Oshawott, Chespin, Corphish, Totodile and Piplup.

Litten going all the way to Incineroar seems likely since Ash did appear on Incineroar's section of the leaked artwork from last year. Also, HDvee (a Pokemon YouTuber) noticed a pattern with Ash's Fire-type starters - Charmander fully evolved, Cyndaquil evolved once (albeit in Sinnoh and not Johto), May obtained Torchic instead of Ash, then Chimchar fully evolved, Tepig evolved once, and Serena obtained Fennekin instead of Ash. It's a coincidence, but would be interesting if it really is an intentional pattern.
I much prefer a Decidueye than a Incineroar. Ash already has two fully evolved fire starters. Decideueye will give him a Ghost type.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I much prefer a Decidueye than a Incineroar. Ash already has two fully evolved fire starters. Decideueye will give him a Ghost type.

While a Ghost type would be a first for Ash if you don't count Haunter, Incineroar would give Ash a Dark Type, which he's had three prior to Alola(Scraggy and Krookodile in Unova and Greninja in Kalos). If Hikamaru is correct about Rowlett being a comedy Pokemon, then there is a possibility that Litten evolves at least once. Every Fire Starter Ash has had, save for Cyndaquil in Johto, has evolved at least once during the series they debuted in. Even the Fire Starters Ash hasn't gotten have evolved at least once, if not fully. If you exclude Torkoal, Ash has had fully evolved Fire Pokemon except for Cyndaquil and Tepig in Unova(where Cyndaquil didn't evolve until Sinnoh and Tepig only evolved once).

I suspect we may have a Johto on our hands where instead of one of the starters evolving(Chikorita into Bayleef), we may not get any starter Pokemon evolving whatsoever. Their base forms are all popular and the whole Litten with Delia narrative was reinforced in just the last Episode(anyone notice it in her arms?). Rowlett is their comedy Pokemon(hence evolution unlikely), Popplio is Lana's Pokemon and unlikely to evolve. Litten could evolve considering the streak involving Fire Starters but I think they're going to take the Johto approach and not evolve any of them.

Years
While a Ghost type would be a first for Ash if you don't count Haunter, Incineroar would give Ash a Dark Type, which he's had three prior to Alola(Scraggy and Krookodile in Unova and Greninja in Kalos). If Hikamaru is correct about Rowlett being a comedy Pokemon, then there is a possibility that Litten evolves at least once. Every Fire Starter Ash has had, save for Cyndaquil in Johto, has evolved at least once during the series they debuted in. Even the Fire Starters Ash hasn't gotten have evolved at least once, if not fully. If you exclude Torkoal, Ash has had fully evolved Fire Pokemon except for Cyndaquil and Tepig in Unova(where Cyndaquil didn't evolve until Sinnoh and Tepig only evolved once).

I suspect we may have a Johto on our hands where instead of one of the starters evolving(Chikorita into Bayleef), we may not get any starter Pokemon evolving whatsoever. Their base forms are all popular and the whole Litten with Delia narrative was reinforced in just the last Episode(anyone notice it in her arms?). Rowlett is their comedy Pokemon(hence evolution unlikely), Popplio is Lana's Pokemon and unlikely to evolve. Litten could evolve considering the streak involving Fire Starters but I think they're going to take the Johto approach and not evolve any of them.

I still want Lana's Popplio to evolve since she now has a Z-Move goal of her own, and preventing Popplio from reaching that full potential would be wasted development. It would be a first for the anime if none of the main cast's starters evolve at all, but I feel that Litten and Popplio have a better chance than Rowlet does. Rowlet has pretty much been cursed with the comedy relief syndrome.

Also, Ash did have a starter evolve during Johto... Bayleef.

mystreon

The Forgotten eeveelution.
Years
I still want Lana's Popplio to evolve since she now has a Z-Move goal of her own, and preventing Popplio from reaching that full potential would be wasted development. It would be a first for the anime if none of the main cast's starters evolve at all, but I feel that Litten and Popplio have a better chance than Rowlet does. Rowlet has pretty much been cursed with the comedy relief syndrome.

I find it amazing that popplio has had atleast two maybe three evolution moments that were blown with no evolution.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I rather have Rowlet evolve and popplio becomes the new comic relief. Ash's pokemon are more important and should take priority of the companions pokemon. Popplio can stay unevolved.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019

Litten might evolve once and as for Rowlet i'm not for sure if it will evolved or not, Ash Alola team needs two more captures and i do hope it will be Crabrawler.

Litten might evolve once and as for Rowlet i'm not for sure if it will evolved or not, Ash Alola team needs two more captures and i do hope it will be Crabrawler.

Well in the Kanto/Johto series base form starters were shown to be very popular and the only starters that did evolve in the Original series were Charmander and Chikorita, and Cyndaquil only evolve once ( but it happen in Sinnoh so it doesn't really count ) since they never really did plan to evolve Cyndaquil in the first place, it's evolution was more of a plot device because of Dawn's Cyndaquil.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

His Fire starter didn't evolve, which is what I was getting at. Every series except Johto and Unova, Ash has had a Fire Starter fully evolve. If not, the Fire Starter went to the Female companion and represented the growth of the trainer who possesses it. May got Blaziken near the end of Battle Frontier(suggesting she had arrived as a Coordinator) while Serena's Fenekin only evolved once, signaling that she still had further development ahead of her.

Also Mallow's Bounsweet evolved so if she's apart of the main cast, that counts no? Now if you're referring to the regional starters, then yes you'd be correct on that.

Years
I rather have Rowlet evolve and popplio becomes the new comic relief. Ash's pokemon are more important and should take priority of the companions pokemon. Popplio can stay unevolved.

Popplio doesn't look like it's in a comedy relief role, plus with Lana's new Z-Move goal it would be ideal for her development for Popplio to evolve. Plus, I think Rowlet is more marketable in Japan than its evolutions are, and that would usually play a part in if it evolves or not.

Also Mallow's Bounsweet evolved so if she's apart of the main cast, that counts no? Now if you're referring to the regional starters, then yes you'd be correct on that.

Remember we had like no development for Steenee when she evolved. since Mallow has been shafted by the writers.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Popplio doesn't look like it's in a comedy relief role, plus with Lana's new Z-Move goal it would be ideal for her development for Popplio to evolve. Plus, I think Rowlet is more marketable in Japan than its evolutions are, and that would usually play a part in if it evolves or not.

Remember we had like no development for Steenee when she evolved. since Mallow has been shafted by the writers.
Strange. I think popplio looks more of a comic relief than rowlet does. It looks like a circus clown seal. Rowlet is an owl that looks like a pokemon that would evolve.

Years
Strange. I think popplio looks more of a comic relief than rowlet does. It looks like a circus clown seal. Rowlet is an owl that looks like a pokemon that would evolve.

It is weird that Popplio's design suggested comic relief, but that didn't seem to be the case at all. Another reason I can't see Rowlet evolving is because well, you can't have a Decidueye that keeps goofing off and being lazy can you?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
It is weird that Popplio's design suggested comic relief, but that didn't seem to be the case at all. Another reason I can't see Rowlet evolving is because well, you can't have a Decidueye that keeps goofing off and being lazy can you?
Who said Decidueye would do that? It could be a valuable team member to his team regardless of it's personality.

Years
Who said Decidueye would do that? It could be a valuable team member to his team regardless of it's personality.

Remember that Pokemon have changed personality when they evolve. Dawn's Piplup refused to evolve due to a fear it'll end up changing personality, since it witnessed that happening to Mamoswine.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Remember that Pokemon have changed personality when they evolve. Dawn's Piplup refused to evolve due to a fear it'll end up changing personality, since it witnessed that happening to Mamoswine.

Rowlet is no piplup. I fail to see rowlet not evolving.

Years
Litten and Rowlet both are both fighters and deserve to fully evolve. But due to comic relief Rowlet's chances are less.
But I also think that the writes will bring in every Z Crystal into the anime which includes the special Z Crystals of Incineroar and Decidueye. Which makes it more likely that Litten and Rowlet will fully evolve. If they don't fully evolve then they will need to bring a character having Decidueye/ Incineroar and also the special Z Crystal.

Years

Compared to Rowlet Poplio isn't a comic relief. Plus Togedemaru and Turtonator cannot evolve and Lillie and Mallow are not as good trainers as Lana ( uptil now ) , so Poplio has high possibility of evolving.

Years
Dragon is true. Lana is the more skilled battler out of the girls at this point since she now has a Z-Ring of her own, so Popplio evolving at least once is definitely not to be ruled out.

While Rowlet has hinted a sneaky battle style, its comedy relief personality may be a hindrance to it. Litten had a lot of development even before it was caught so it looks to be a high possibility to fully evolve to Incineroar.

Back