The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Spoilers The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old September 27th, 2016 (4:11 PM).

Nature: Naughty
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Z25 View Post
    Cause it's implied by that image, that greninja is left in Kalos. Meaning released, rather the go back to the lab. Greninja isn't at Oak's in that image.
    I didn't even know about this release until now, and I don't know if I'm for or against it tbh. On one hand Greninja's done enough already so he isn't needed, but on the other hand it seems pointless for him to stay in Kalos when he could've just stayed at Prof. Oak's lab instead.
    Old September 27th, 2016 (4:14 PM).
    Team Player

Nature: Calm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
      I didn't even know about this release until now, and I don't know if I'm for or against it tbh. On one hand Greninja's done enough already so he isn't needed, but on the other hand it seems pointless for him to stay in Kalos when he could've just stayed at Prof. Oak's lab instead.
      If it does stay in Kalos, there technically wouldn't be a reason for Ash to be able to contact sycamore to send it over. As he could maybe learn of Greninja's whereabouts.

Even so it's a weird situation, that I wonder what the explanation will be for it.
      Old September 30th, 2016 (8:59 AM).
      Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
        Based on some of the new scans, it looks like Ash could be catching Litten early on, probably before Rowlet. He seems to have a somewhat large confrontation with a Litten.

If this ends up being similar Sinnoh, he could be getting both Rowlet and Litten, which means both should evolve by the end. Mallow could also possibly be getting Rowlet, but nothing indicates that other than her being a Grass Trainer. And in the first poster, it seems like Ash gets Rowlet.

Guess we will find out. He might end up catching more than 5 pokemon after all.
        Old October 18th, 2016 (6:10 AM).
        Fictional Writer.

New trailer finally shows Rowlet running into Bounsweet. That may mean that it isn't Ash, but Mallow who catches Rowlet.

With the extreme lack of pokemon, we might see Ash getting an Alolan.
          Old October 19th, 2016 (9:00 AM).

I don't think Alola is going to be anything like Sinnoh, but i can see him getting all three of the Alola starters.
            Old October 19th, 2016 (9:12 AM).

Nature: Quirky
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Piks View Post
            I don't think Alola is going to be anything like Sinnoh, but i can see him getting all three of the Alola starters.
            I probably don't think he's getting all three starters, since Lana (one of the first four Trial Captains who are apparently his new companions) has a Popplio. I do see Ash probably getting both Rowlet and Litten though.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
            Old October 19th, 2016 (5:31 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
              I probably don't think he's getting all three starters, since Lana (one of the first four Trial Captains who are apparently his new companions) has a Popplio. I do see Ash probably getting both Rowlet and Litten though.
              I thought the trailer shown that the Trial Captains had all three of the starters, and if that's the case. He may not get a starter at all. I can see him getting Popplio, Rowlet, and Litten though.
              Old October 19th, 2016 (6:38 PM).
              Fictional Writer.

Quote:
                I thought the trailer shown that the Trial Captains had all three of the starters, and if that's the case. He may not get a starter at all. I can see him getting Popplio, Rowlet, and Litten though.
                No, only Popplio has Lana. Litten was stepped on at the beach by Ash, so I am almost certain he will catch that. Rowlet wasn't seen till the newest trailer and it ran into Mallow's Bounsweet.

Sophocles has only been seen with Togedamaru. Lana with Poppilio. Kiawe with a Charizard and Turtanator and Mallow with Bounsweet. The Charizard with Kiawe I think was not actually his. Same with Sharpedo ect. They are all pokemon that can be called on for riding.

Lillie has not been seen with any pokemon, but the poster hints that she may get a Alolan Vulpix.
                Old October 20th, 2016 (7:33 AM).
                Team Player

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
                  No, only Popplio has Lana. Litten was stepped on at the beach by Ash, so I am almost certain he will catch that. Rowlet wasn't seen till the newest trailer and it ran into Mallow's Bounsweet.

Sophocles has only been seen with Togedamaru. Lana with Poppilio. Kiawe with a Charizard and Turtanator and Mallow with Bounsweet. The Charizard with Kiawe I think was not actually his. Same with Sharpedo ect. They are all pokemon that can be called on for riding.

Lillie has not been seen with any pokemon, but the poster hints that she may get a Alolan Vulpix.
                  I think Lillie will actually have Alolan Vulpix from the start. I wonder why we don't see it if she does though. Lillie cannot touch pokemon for some reason so I wonder how that will play into her capturing things. I'm sure she will, but it's an odd trait on a trainer.
                  Old October 26th, 2016 (7:27 AM).

Quote:

Ash may get two starters this time around, next Generation he could get all three of the starters.

I think we will have to wait and see what he will have for his Alola team.
                    Old October 26th, 2016 (9:41 AM).

I feel Ash's starter distribution will be a Sinnoh 2.0, having only the Grass and Fire starters while the Water starter is owned by a female character, with Lana having Popplio similar to how Dawn had Piplup.

Given Popplio's evolutions take a more female-looking route, it was unsurprising the writers don't want Ash to have it since he never catches feminine-looking Pokemon.

Old October 26th, 2016 (2:39 PM).
                    Show me that Fighting Spirit

Nature: Relaxed
                    Quote:
                    Given Popplio's evolutions take a more female-looking route, it was unsurprising the writers don't want Ash to have it since he never catches feminine-looking Pokemon.
                    Definitely true for the most part, though there were a few exceptions, such as Chikorita, Snivy, Leavanny, and Lapras (though he didn't really catch it). So definitely unlikely to happen but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility to catch a feminine looking Pokemon, maybe one will trip Ash's trigger just enough that he won't be able to resist catching it.
                    Old October 26th, 2016 (3:27 PM).
                    Fictional Writer.

Quote:
                      Ash may get two starters this time around, next Generation he could get all three of the starters.

I think we will have to wait and see what he will have for his Alola team.
                      This is definitely what I am thinking. To me, Unova was like Kanto and Johto. Kalos was like Hoenn and now I think Alola will be similar to Sinnoh.

Currently, I am almost 100% positive he will catch Litten. He has too many interactions with one in the trailers for him not to. And they seem to be strongly hinting at him catching Litten with how many times Litten and Ash have appeared together.

Rowlet I am still not positive. It definitely looks like Rowlet was going to be Ash's in the poster, but it is seen running into Mallow's Bounsweet.

I am currently worried if Ash will catch at least 5. But I think he will.

If he gets Rowlet and Litten, then Kiawe can catch the other fire types. Right now, it does not currently seem like he will catch a water type this time around. There is so many pokemon that don't evolve or have a pre evolution that I only want him to catch 1 of them.

Currently, about half of the pokemon we have in Alola are Basic pokemon. Which is a really huge turn off for for him catching them to me. Especially if he catches more than 1 of them.

Currently, these are the pokemon I would like him to catch.

Litten
                      Rowlet
                      Crabrawler
                      Mudsbray
                      Rockruff
                      And 1 Alolan Pokemon.
                      Old October 26th, 2016 (3:38 PM).

Quote:
                      If he gets Rowlet and Litten, then Kiawe can catch the other fire types. Right now, it does not currently seem like he will catch a water type this time around. There is so many pokemon that don't evolve or have a pre evolution that I only want him to catch 1 of them.

Currently, about half of the pokemon we have in Alola are Basic pokemon. Which is a really huge turn off for for him catching them to me. Especially if he catches more than 1 of them.
                      I can understand your logic on him not catching any Alola Water-types since aside from Popplio (who is going to Lana) not many of them evolve. He didn't catch any Grass-types in Kalos since Chespin and Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist were owned by Clemont and Chespin respectively, while Gogoat was Alexa's, leaving only Phantump who wasn't owned by any main character and only had spotlight in one episode. My guess was the writers felt Phantump's Ghost-type doesn't suit Ash's team, which is odd because Ghost is one of the few types he still hasn't owned yet, alongside Steel, Psychic and Fairy.

Considering what you said about the huge number of non-evolving Pokemon in the Alola Pokemon lineup, this could be the first time he may possibly have more than one non-evolving Pokemon on his team at once, since he did have a few in the past (such as Heracross, Torkoal and currently Hawlucha).

Old October 26th, 2016 (5:49 PM).
                      Fictional Writer.

Quote:
                        I can understand your logic on him not catching any Alola Water-types since aside from Popplio (who is going to Lana) not many of them evolve. He didn't catch any Grass-types in Kalos since Chespin and Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist were owned by Clemont and Chespin respectively, while Gogoat was Alexa's, leaving only Phantump who wasn't owned by any main character and only had spotlight in one episode. My guess was the writers felt Phantump's Ghost-type doesn't suit Ash's team, which is odd because Ghost is one of the few types he still hasn't owned yet, alongside Steel, Psychic and Fairy.

Considering what you said about the huge number of non-evolving Pokemon in the Alola Pokemon lineup, this could be the first time he may possibly have more than one non-evolving Pokemon on his team at once, since he did have a few in the past (such as Heracross, Torkoal and currently Hawlucha).
                        Aye. It is possible. Possibly more time to develop character this time around. I may have already said too much for those who don't want to be spoiled. I will spoiler the next part. As it is about to get mega spoily. Read the next part at your own risk.

Spoiler:
                        If Ash does catch more the one of the basic pokemon, these are pokemon I would like him to capture that don't evolve.

Drampa
                        Ghost Oricorio
                        Passimian
                        The Anchor like pokemon.

Ghost Oricorio is by far my favorite of the 4. Not to mention like said, he doesn't have a Ghost Type. Drampa I think would just be awesome. Although I am not sure how it would act and may not match him 100%. Passimian is by far the most likely basic pokemon Ash will catch. The description from the main site matches Ash perfectly. However, He has already had both Infernape line and Primeape which are both fighting type monkey pokemon. The anchor I am not too sure about. I just think it is pretty forgettable and going to be hated a lot. If Ash happened to catch it, it may make me like it more, similar to Hawlucha.

As for Alolan Pokemon, I would love for him to catch an Alolan Sandshrew. I would say Alolan Vulpix, but I think Lillie will some how catch it. Or maybe Ash will catch it for Lillie and give it to her once she can touch pokemon. I can't really see him catching any of the other Alolan Pokemon due to him already having a Pikachu and Muk. Maybe Ratatta since technically he did catch one in the past and tried to catch one at the start of the series. Would be a nice throw back to the St. Anne.
                        Old November 17th, 2016 (9:56 AM).
                        Elite Trainer Joey

The new Opening song shows that ash catches grubbin and the preview shows he gets rowlet
                          Old November 17th, 2016 (10:10 AM).
                          Fictional Writer.

Really Grubbin? I love Vikavolk, but that is a huge surprise. Are you sure it is his and not Sophocles'?

If he does catch a Grubbin, that will be the first electric type he has ever caught other than Pikachu.

Also, really hoping Ash catches Crabrawler now instead of the other fighting types. I am sure he will catch at least one fighting type and Bewear is out.

Yeah your right. It also seems like he will catch Litten and possibly Rockruff. He might release Vikivolt at a later time if he does catch it
                            Old November 17th, 2016 (4:42 PM).
                            Perfection gimmick ! !

Nature: Lonely
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by jfuze174 View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            The new Opening song shows that ash catches grubbin and the preview shows he gets rowlet
                            Spoiler:
                            What? Really? Grubbin? So, it really is a reset, then...
                            Old November 17th, 2016 (4:42 PM).
                            coolcoolcool

Nature: Relaxed
                            Yeah Grubbin strikes me as a surprise as well, wasn't expecting him to get one of those. If he catches a Rockruff, would you prefer him to have a Midday or Midnight Lycanroc?

Old November 17th, 2016 (10:39 PM).
                            Fighting a bigger fight

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                              Yeah Grubbin strikes me as a surprise as well, wasn't expecting him to get one of those. If he catches a Rockruff, would you prefer him to have a Midday or Midnight Lycanroc?
                              Midday, Midnight can belong to his main rival.
                              Old November 17th, 2016 (11:13 PM).

Ash apparently getting Grubbin was something I didn't expect, since its evos are Electric-types and he's usually never kept another Electric-type besides Pikachu. Definitely expecting it going all the way to Vikavolt since every Bug-type he catches (barring Heracross) has fully evolved.

Also, definitely expected him getting Rowlet. Probably he'll catch Litten as well, therefore we'll be getting a similar starter distribution to Sinnoh - Ash gets the Grass and Fire-type while the Water-type is owned by a female companion.

Old November 18th, 2016 (8:42 AM). Edited November 18th, 2016 by IcyIce.
                              Fictional Writer.

Lillie seems to get a pokemon egg, which will probably hatch to be Alolan Vulpix.

As for Grubbin being caught, I don't see how that automatically confirms it is a reset. To be honest, that is a dumb assumption. In the first 2 episodes, it shows he is a good trainer still. Not as strong as Kalos, but not as weak as Unova. It also confirms he is on vacation and decides to stay. I mean Grubbin is pretty damn strong when it gets to Vikavolt, not to mention already one of the most popular pokemon. The only stronger Bug Type is Wimpod's Evo, and I wouldn't be surprised if he catches that after Vikavolt is released or goes into training.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he released it at a later time.

I mean Pikachu defeated like 6 pokemon alone with Kiawe and impressed everyone.
                                Old November 24th, 2016 (9:45 AM).

So, the latest double episode gave us our first two captures of this series - Ash got Rowlet and Jessie got Mimikyu.

Any thoughts?

Old November 24th, 2016 (8:36 PM).
                                Fictional Writer.

I was surprised to read that Jessie used a Luxury Ball that she got from James. That gives me hope that my theory of Ash and other main characters using different pokeballs will come true.

So Bewear will probably end up being James, which honestly is a perfect match. I just hope they catch more than 1 pokemon this time around, but that may be hard with so many mains.

Ash catching Rowlet wasn't a surprise. I think everyone saw it coming. Just hope he doesn't catch Pikipek now. Although with Toucannon being so unique, I don't mind and Rowlet will eventually be a Ghost type if it evolves all the way which I think it will.
                                  Old November 25th, 2016 (12:56 AM).

I was surprised at Jessie using a Luxury Ball on Mimikyu, but it does server as a shoutout to how in the games, AI trainers now use different types of Poke Balls other than the standard one. Now I just hope James can get Bewear.

As for Rowlet, it's nice seeing Ash get the Grass starter again after skipping it over last generation. Rowlet is also the fan favourite of the Alola starters (it's usually in the lead in most polls) and Ash usually tends to catch the starter that people view as the fan favourite. Hopefully the fact that Rowlet's final evo Decidueye loses its Flying-type means Ash can catch Pikipek to continue that long-standing regional bird tradition. I also view Ash using Rowlet as more of a Grass-type than a Flying-type, like how in Unova his Pignite was mainly a Fire user rather than Fighting since it didn't have any Fighting moves for a long time.

Quick Reply