• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create a Poké Ball

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Name: Swipe Ball
Appearance: 2 Blue Stripes on both side
Effect: +80% Catch rate on a pokemon with just (1% HP)

Mr. Meme

Me? Acting serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Years
Name: Negative Ball
Appearance: Totally black, with purple dots and a purple rim.
Effect: If the Pokemon has a scary/evil backstory, then the catch rate is increased.

Yeah, I got nothing.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
Name: Yin Yang Ball
Appearance: White with black dot on top, black with white dot on bottom
Effect: If the user's current pokemon is a fighting type, and the target a dark type, catch rate is x3. If the target is fighting as well, catch rate is x0.5. Vice versa.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Name: Expert Ball
Appearance: Top with Green Star and bottom with orange stripe
Effect: x3 Catch rate if the player's pokemon is super effective against the wild pokemon's type, Catch Rate is x1 if just regular effectiveness and 0.2 if not/no effectiveness

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
Years
Name: Dragon Ball

Appearance: It's a Pokéball completely orange in color and the top half of it has seven small, red stars on it. It looks like a regular Pokéball, except the top half is colored blue and has a picture of yellow dragon head on it.

Effect: Gives a x3 Catch rate when catching Dragon-type Pokémon. Gives a x0.5 Catch rate when using it to catch Pokémon of other types.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Name: Relief Ball
Appearance: Beige-ish (like the Level Ball) with a green check mark on it
Effect: Catch rate increases dramatically after all other balls in the bag have been thrown (excluding Master Balls).

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Name: Booster Ball
Appearance: Gold color with a blue star on it.
Effects: Gives the caught Pokemon permanent stat boost +10 to everything but can only be used on Pokemon with a BST less than 400

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I'd like to see more Apricorn Balls made from colors not native to Johto (like purple and orange). Orange could be used for a Sun Ball (a Sun Stone version of the Moon Ball), but I've not got any ideas for the Purple Apricorn. Maybe even rare-colored Apricorns like Gold and Rainbow could exist and be turned into Poké Balls with really cool effects (like maxing-out a Pokémon's IVs or changing its color), but these would be incredibly hard to find (maybe a 1/4000 chance from any Apricorn Tree).

Here's an idea I had from the distant past:

Name: Egg Ball / Cradle Ball
Appearance: A ball made from the discarded shell of a hatched Pokémon. The opening is zigzagged.
Effect: The original idea was to explain hatched Pokémon magically getting their own Poké Balls (all hatched Pokémon would be in this Ball), but since many players enjoy the new-ish ability to pass-down Poké Balls via breeding, I figure it would be better to make it increase the catch rate of Baby Pokémon found in the wild instead.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
That maxing IV poke ball sounds so sweet, wish it was real. The Egg Ball thing sounds nice but wouldn't chucking an ultra ball be as effective?

Back