The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Is Pokemon Sun and Moon(Anime)worth watching?

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old December 12th, 2017 (9:49 PM).

The OS animation was much better then the AG/DP/BW/XY sagas put together.

The SM anime series has been an hit and a miss so far, i do feel the Aether arc/Ultra Beast arc are being overrush and it may end terribly because of it.
    Old December 12th, 2017 (11:32 PM). Edited December 12th, 2017 by Alexander18.
    Banned

Nature: Lonely
      SM anime had to many changes. That was the problem for me. It is not what i am use to.

The hoenn series had better and improved graphics to Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto. Same goes for Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos. Kanto still has better graphics than SM. So all previous sagaa had the best graphics while SM had the worse.
      Old February 7th, 2018 (3:30 AM). Edited February 7th, 2018 by Hikamaru.

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
      SM anime had to many changes. That was the problem for me. It is not what i am use to.
      This is one major gripe with me. If a long-running show drastically changes format and does it too suddenly, it alienates the audience. And I know how that feels considering another former childhood show of mine is going through such radical change in an attempt to please SJWs (hate those bastards) and minorities.

Ash and the group being based in one place most of the time does kinda ruin Pokemon's journey aspect, and instead feels like a half-assed attempt to compete with Yo-Kai Watch which had been a major threat to Pokemon in Japan.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
      Old February 7th, 2018 (8:25 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
        This is one major gripe with me. If a long-running show drastically changes format and does it too suddenly, it alienates the audience. And I know how that feels considering another former childhood show of mine is going through such radical change in an attempt to please SJWs (hate those bastards) and minorities.

Ash and the group being based in one place most of the time does kinda ruin Pokemon's journey aspect, and instead feels like a half-assed attempt to compete with Yo-Kai Watch which had been a major threat to Pokemon in Japan.
        You said that another childhood show of yours went through similar radical changes, care to share what that show was?

And yeah, good point, Ash looks too much like Steven Universe (and I'm not fond of that show at all...). And yeah, sticking Ash in a school environment was a very bad idea (especially when it was already indicated multiple times that Ash didn't even need school to be a good trainer, so why would he need school now?).
        Old February 9th, 2018 (2:32 AM). Edited February 9th, 2018 by janejane6178.

I already stopped watching the SM series.
          No matter how hard I try, it doesn't intrigue me . I wish it did, but I cant help it
          Old February 9th, 2018 (8:48 PM).
          Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post

+1 and like with Weedle, I'm kind of curious as to the show. PRB12 did a Pokemon crack(Highly edited comedy videos) awhile back that took Teen Titans Go and overlayed the audio of a TTG Episode with edited visuals of Pokemon Sun and Moon and its predecessor series in XY/XYZ. It just hit home so hard that when I read this topic after a long lay-off, it instantly brought to light the video.

For those who wish to view it, simply check it out via Spoiler. I have it set to start at the part in question so you don't have to watch the jokes prior to it. I think the scene speaks for a lot of Pokemon fans regarding Pokemon Sun and Moon. Speaking of which... the last Episode actually made me think of Voltron. It made me giggle and shudder at the same time.

Old February 11th, 2018 (7:15 AM).
            *Luxio//Hacks*'s New Account

Nature: Lax
              Well some episodes are good and some episodes are bad. Some people are fans of the Sun/Moon series and some people are not. But at least it's better than the Black/White series.
              Old February 11th, 2018 (8:18 AM).
              Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by LUXIOtheBEST View Post
                Well some episodes are good and some episodes are bad. Some people are fans of the Sun/Moon series and some people are not. But at least it's better than the Black/White series.
                Better than Black&White is up in the air honestly. Black&White kept to the traditional journey through the region challenging Gym's to enter the region's Pokemon League. Even though B&W Ash was such a drastic change from D&P Ash in terms of competency, at least he became tolerable by series end. Sun&Moon Ash... I don't know if I will ever come to like the guy(much less the series) and is why PRB12's crack video hit so hard.
                Old February 11th, 2018 (10:28 AM).
                *Luxio//Hacks*'s New Account

Nature: Lax
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                  Better than Black&White is up in the air honestly. Black&White kept to the traditional journey through the region challenging Gym's to enter the region's Pokemon League. Even though B&W Ash was such a drastic change from D&P Ash in terms of competency, at least he became tolerable by series end. Sun&Moon Ash... I don't know if I will ever come to like the guy(much less the series) and is why PRB12's crack video hit so hard.
                  Hmmmm, that's a fair point.
                  Old February 11th, 2018 (2:24 PM).

Nature: Quirky
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                  I can see what you mean. My main gripe with SM is the lack of journeying, the main group being too big (and thus some characters not getting proper development) and of course Ash's personality. I really don't like how he's acting way more babyish in this region, and it didn't help that when the first promo poster came out, I was dreading it would be a BW 2.0.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Quick Reply