• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Shiny

Sirfetch’d

What was the first shiny you ever encountered? Did you even know what a shiny was? Did you catch it, did it faint, or were you out of pokeballs. Mine was a sunkern in the Hoenn safari zone. Caught it with my last ball. I bragged for two days.

*Lake of Rage Gyarados does not count. It likely was everybody's "First" shiny.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2014
the first shiny i caught not including the red gyrados was a shiny sneazel in the ice cave leading to blackthorn city! a shame no pokemon can be transferred from pokemon crystal to any gen 3 or newer gen game...

Sirfetch’d

the first shiny i caught not including the red gyrados was a shiny sneazel in the ice cave leading to blackthorn city! a shame no pokemon can be transferred from pokemon crystal to any gen 3 or newer gen game...
A shiny sneasel is really awesome. They are rare in their normal form!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The first shiny I saw was Sableye in Sapphire, but I ran from it. The first shiny I caught, however, was Koffing in Emerald. Since then, I always catch shinies as soon as I see them.

Sirfetch’d

My first shiny ever caught was a Ponyta... I've never encountered a shiny again.. ONE DAY I WILL.

After I encountered my sunkern I thought I would never see another shiny and years later(just a few weeks ago) I found a shiny Nidoran female. I did not realize it though until after i caught it.

Years
My first Shiny encountered was a Duskull in my Ruby Version.

355.gif

Caught her and she's now resting in my PC. She's female with a Serious nature.

droomph

weeb
Years
never caught a shiny, but I did see a shiny Starly on Route 201 right before I got my Pokéballs.

I've never seen a shiny since or after.

ughhhhhhhh

Sirfetch’d

never caught a shiny, but I did see a shiny Starly on Route 201 right before I got my Pokéballs.

I've never seen a shiny since or after.

ughhhhhhhh
I have always feared encountering a shiny before i get my pokeballs. I feel really bad that happened:(

Years
The first shiny that I ever encountered was a Teddiursa back on Gold. I only had high-leveled Pokemon with me at the time, and I ended up KOing it even with a weak move.

The first I caught, though, was a Shiny Shroomish on Sapphire. I don't even remember finding it, but a few years later when I was checking my boxes before I restarted my game, I found it sitting there. I ended up trading it to my Fire Red, and then transferring it to Heart Gold where it still is today!

Sirfetch’d

The first shiny that I ever encountered was a Teddiursa back on Gold. I only had high-leveled Pokemon with me at the time, and I ended up KOing it even with a weak move.

The first I caught, though, was a Shiny Shroomish on Sapphire. I don't even remember finding it, but a few years later when I was checking my boxes before I restarted my game, I found it sitting there. I ended up trading it to my Fire Red, and then transferring it to Heart Gold where it still is today!

You should evolve it. Breloom is one of the best pokemon out there!

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
A Raticate in one of the Gen II games on Route 38, and a Pidgey on one of the early routes in FireRed. That's it so far though.

Unfortunately I've never been able to put either of them to significant use. My Silver's battery died and Gold and Crystal I've started new games on numerous times, and Gold's battery also died about a year ago. FireRed I started a new game on because I wasn't happy with Bulbasaur at the time and him and Pidgey were my only Pokemon. I love Venusaur now, though.

Years
My first was a green Machop in Emerald, I was shocked but I caught it. It was a girl so I caught a boy and used that instead. And then in the same play-through I caught a Green Zubat. I have since started over. The only shiny I have now is a shiny Magikarp I found in the Lake of Rage, I also have the red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage, but I was so pissed to find a golden Magikarp right before I caught Gyarados. Now I'm refraining from evolving it because then people think it's hacked or something :(

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Actually, forgot to mention that the shiny Ponyta ran away from me about 3 times, but I managed to keep encountering it!
That was cool.. I still regret trading the dang thing for a dumb Sceptile..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Spr_2c_072_s.gif

Yeah, I still remember this like it was yesterday. A green Tentacool - had no idea what a shiny is. So I thought it was a glitch of some sort and ran away from it...

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
I've encountered 3

Back in Gold There was a shiny hoot hoot on the way to Mr.Pokemons house to get the mystery egg.

First one i caught was a Litwick during my solo run with haxorus then i lost my old copy of white...

And the most recent one was the other day in HeartGold i found marrep shiny during my Challenge

Back