• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Post count went down??? Error erased my post?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Is something going on wrong? Last night I had 1666 posts when I went to bed and now I have only 1655 as of this one. I even screenshoted having 1666 posts as proof.
picture.php

Why did my post count dropped 11 posts?? Is something going wrong or PC having problems? I didn't even delete any posts. I think some kind of error happened. Help!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Perhaps a thread was deleted that contained some of your posts? This kinda stuff happens I suppose, my post count went down by about 15 once too, didn't think much of it :/

Perhaps check your profile "view all posts option" and try to see if you can remember any that are missing?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, at times when a post count diminishes by a few it'd be because a thread that you posted in got deleted. Not much to worry about, and there's no other reason for a post count to decrease besides a post being deleted. (Or a section having post count turned off, but that hasn't happened to my knowledge of late).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Either that or they are moved into a thread that members cannot see, like archives or they are merged into one pst. That could be it--but since everyone answered...I'm going with Went-sama's answer.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Perhaps a thread was deleted that contained some of your posts? This kinda stuff happens I suppose, my post count went down by about 15 once too, didn't think much of it :/

Perhaps check your profile "view all posts option" and try to see if you can remember any that are missing?

Yeah, at times when a post count diminishes by a few it'd be because a thread that you posted in got deleted. Not much to worry about, and there's no other reason for a post count to decrease besides a post being deleted. (Or a section having post count turned off, but that hasn't happened to my knowledge of late).
Looking through some posts of mine, that might be the case. I notice the thread for the Unova United event is gone now and I made a few post in there so there's one thing. Plus a few others seem to be gone too.

Alternatively, a thread could have been moved into a section where postcount is turned off. Check the Wandering Thread and the like.
I remember one I posted a few times in the Wandering Thread when it was moved to Celebrations. Is post count turned off there? I don't know if it was moved anywhere else in that time except for X and Y and GE.
Either that or they are moved into a thread that members cannot see, like archives or they are merged into one pst. That could be it--but since everyone answered...I'm going with Went-sama's answer.

That would make sense too. I'd think some of the recent events thread would just of been moved to the archives or other inactive threads could of been closed?

Back