• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Blazing Inferno (*Fire-Type Fan Club!*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I would have Charizard, Arcanine or infernape because i usually have one of these in my team and like umbr30n(hard to type :P ) said "they could now PWN stuff that it used to be weak against".

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I would have Charizard, Arcanine or infernape because i usually have one of these in my team and like umbr30n(hard to type :P ) said "they could now PWN stuff that it used to be weak against".

You now have stars around your name in the Members List. You can request a change of colour at any time.

Basically, back on topic, many Fire Types now learn Solarbeam, or Grass Knot. Then, they're now able to learn Dragon Pulse, so they can defeat everything quite easily. Dual Steel/Rock Types are still nothing, since they usually have high Defense and not high Sp. Defense.

Red99

World Champion
Years
New topic?
What do you think of the changing of fire types over the generations?
I think The fire type themes have been running dry, and I think my favorite fire types were from gen 1 and 3.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
New topic?
I think The fire type themes have been running dry, and I think my favorite fire types were from gen 1 and 3.

Congratulations, your new topic is accepted!

On the Current Topic: There are always good Fire-Types here and there. But, in Pokemon Pearl/Diamond, they only had two lines of Fire-Type Pokemon, which dissapointed me greatly because of my liking for Fire Types. In Gen I and II, their starters, and other Pokemon such as Arcanine and Ho-Oh, they're just awesome. Volcarona proves that it is pretty much the only useful Bug-Type due to it being Part Fire. The Fire Starter of Gen V, however, also dissapointed me greatly because of the Tepig line being based off a pig while Snivy would have an even better place as Fire-Type. Houndoom, Magmortar, Charizard and Typhlosion also prove to be useful/fun picks.

Red99

World Champion
Years
Current topic
Personally, I like pretty much every gen 1-4 fire type, except for the slugma line, the camerupt line, and torkoal.
New event idea
We should have a Christmas event where we could maybe hold contests for points, such as the contest halls in Hoenn and Sinnoh. Also, celebrating for all! There could be some give aways and such.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
New event idea
We should have a Christmas event where we could maybe hold contests for points, such as the contest halls in Hoenn and Sinnoh. Also, celebrating for all! There could be some give aways and such.

Okay! Leveled you up to Supporter!

Also, that idea seems quite good. We'll host it on Christmas Day.

Expect your Point Quantity to go up greatly.

Christmas Event:

-Giveaways (Credit goes to Red)
-Contests (Credit goes to Red)
-Art Competition (Something I thought of).

Looks like we have a big event ahead of us, so Emblems would need to go out to the winner of the Art Competition...

Red99

World Champion
Years
I'll start organizing the contests right away. I'll be accepting registrations from members up until December 15. Umbr30n, you will probably be a judge, unless you want to leave that to me, seeing as it would be unfair for me to participate.

Years
On Current topic :
i like every fire type pokemon till 4th gen except slugma line and torkoal.
I'm really dissapointed in 5th gen fire type's.
There disign's are so bad in my opinion.
Especially tepig line and litwick line.
I mean come on, tepig is a pig and it have to be another fire fighting type.
And litwick, after looking at it's disign i don't suppose i have to say anything.
Sorry if said anything bad for anyone's favorite but thats my opinion.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
oh a new topic lets answer that now

I like a lot of new fire types from 4-5th gen part from Litwick and Victini.

Litwick: why would the do a candle based Fire type pokemon
Vintini: part from being too powerful( V-create one) it stole Missingno's number.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Time for a new topic.

Do you think differently about Charizard compared to how it was in Gen I? Explain why.

Charizard always had it's ups and downs. One of the most disappointing things about it is that it can't learn Fissure now like it did in Generation I. However, it learning Solarbeam in Generation IV can be enough to make up for it. Also, Charizard wasn't able to learn Fly before Yellow, so you would need to trade it from Yellow for it to know Fly. Also, now Charizard has access to Dragon-Type moves, so it is pretty much getting better. Although I never seen the Charizard of Generation V, I'm pretty sure there's SOME good new move that Charizard can learn. But Charizard and Typhlosion, they are neck and neck in awesomeness, and in fact, they have the EXACT SAME BASE STATS. Which means that Charizard is vulnerable to Typhlosion in some ways, such as Typhlosion using Thunder-Punch on Charizard. However, the excitement ends there, as Typhlosion cannot use Earthquake on Charizard, but Charizard can use Earthquake on Typhlosion. I believe Charizard is cool in many, many ways, and if they ever make a Fissure TM again, they're probably going to make Charizard able to learn it again.

Years
In pokemon red and blue charizard is OK but now it's awesome.

A lot of things have changed in charizard since then.

Embr30n pointed most of them.

Now if i remanber correctly Charizard even got a hidden ability now.

Now It can learn Fire, Fighting, Flying, Dragon, Ground, Rock, Ghost, Dark, Grass and Steel type moves.

So i think differently about it.

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
WOW! many members joined!
welcome to the club!!
in the starting two gens the designs were just awesome and designs in the IV and V gen are not good imo
idk about movea and all i haven't played pokemon black and white and i don't want to play so.....

Do you think differently about Charizard compared to how it was in Gen I? Explain why.
i coudn't find a charizard after gen 1 :( :(
*reads bulbapedia of charizard*
from the page i got to know that its speed has increased and a lot of things has changed :P

btw i found a fire Arceus sprite
arceus-fire.png

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
btw i found a fire Arceus sprite
arceus-fire.png

Thanks, but we already have a Fire Arceus. Although we did find that one later than the others...

Anyway, we have a banner!

Also, that leads to this Club.

We're going to drop the making of banners.

Last edited:

Red99

World Champion
Years
Oh, hey, guys. I got over 50 points, now I choose Charmander.
New topic! What was your favorite game for fire legendaries?
I liked Johto the best, cause my fav fire legendaries are Entei and Ho-oh.
New Banner!
banner.php

Last edited:
Years

avishka mean that other sprite have white color around it so she posted a new sprite.
Current topic :
i like johto cuz my favorite legendary is ho-oh !

Red99

World Champion
Years
Can someone tell me how to put the link to the club in my banners?
Current topic: Personally, I like Lugia better, but there's more of my favorite fire types in the Johto region.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Oh, hey, guys. I got over 50 points, now I choose Charmander.
New topic! What was your favorite game for fire legendaries?
I liked Johto the best, cause my fav fire legendaries are Entei and Ho-oh.
New Banner!
banner.php

That banner is pretty good, so here's a chunk of points for you!

Can someone tell me how to put the link to the club in my banners?
Current topic: Personally, I like Lugia better, but there's more of my favorite fire types in the Johto region.

I know how to!

When you go in Save, there should be a URL part of it where you paste where you want it to lead to. Then, press Forum BB Code, and then save it. The code should be there.

Current Topic: Ho-Oh is just WIN in some ways. It is my favourite Fire-Type Legendary and and it is good at both Defending and Attacking.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Your Username: Olli97, though feel free to call me Olli.
Partner Pokemon: Chimchar
Why do you like Fire-Types?: They are very unique Pokémon, and most of them also very strong. I've almost always used Fire types in my team, and though they may not always be the ones I use the most, they're usually high up there. I also tend to choose the Fire type starters over the others usually, partly because they're usually the strongest of the bunch, and in some regions it's a bit hard to find decent Fire types, especially Sinnoh :o

What was your favorite game for fire legendaries?

Kanto only brought Moltres in, and to be frank, I always thought it pretty much sucked. I always made it a goal to catch all legendaries and use them on my team, because I always felt like they were pretty strong, but I did come to realise that Moltres wasn't really good for my team, when if I remember correctly, it only actually had one Fire type move when caught, and it was pretty bad. I usually just caught them whenever I could, so I didn't really have a lot of time to train Moltres in, so I was stuck with that one weak Fire type move when challenging the E4. This was different in the remakes, however I don't really remember as much from that.

Now with all my side talking, I better get to the point. Johto is in my opinion definitely the best region. It brought forth Ho-oh, one of my absolute favourite legendaries, with its great design, and it's really good in battle too. I remember being jealous at first when Ho-oh was the version legendary for Gold, which was the version my brother got, however I got to love Lugia much more than I've ever liked Ho-oh. It's still a pretty great Pokémon though, and definitely good for the team. I also really like Entei's design, and it's role in the third movie, though I can't say much for how it is in-battle. I only ever caught Suicune out of the 3 dogs, so never actually got to use it. Though even with that, I'll still have to put Johto as the best region for Fire legendaries, simply because the two you're able to catch are amazing.

Can't say much for Fourth or Fifth generation though, as I've never really played them.

Okay! Leveled you up to Supporter!

Also, that idea seems quite good. We'll host it on Christmas Day.

Expect your Point Quantity to go up greatly.

Christmas Event:

-Giveaways (Credit goes to Red)
-Contests (Credit goes to Red)
-Art Competition (Something I thought of).

Looks like we have a big event ahead of us, so Emblems would need to go out to the winner of the Art Competition...
Isn't it a bit too early to think of Christmas events? xD Rather something like Halloween or something that is a bit closer?

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
What was your favorite game for fire legendaries?
I may be mistaken but it's Groudon part Fire ? if not Johto because of the Legendary Dog Entei specially after the 3rd movie.

Years
How can i know how much points do i have :P
sorry for dumb question but i'm new here so i don't know much.
On Current topic :
ho-oh is pretty good but lugia is much better then him.
But ho-oh is best FIRE legendary :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back