• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Can anyone tell me some/all Pokemon that evolve through trade (and the items if an item is required, eg. Sachet for Spritzee - Aromatisse)
This would be really helpful to me, thanks :)

Pokemon who evolve w/out item: Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke, Graveler, Boldore, Gurdurr, Phantump and Pumpkaboo.
With item: Poliwhirl (King's Rock), Slowpoke (King's Rock), Onix and Scyther (Metal Coat), Seadra (Dragon Scale), Porygon (Up-Grade),
Clamperl (Deepseascale and Tooth).
Rhydon (Protector), Electabuzz (Electirizer), Magmar (Magmarizer), Porygon2 (Dubious Disc.), Dusclops (Reaper Cloth.
Feebas (Prism Scale), Swirlix (Whipped Dream), Spritzee (Sachet)

Trade Karrablast for a Shelmet and vice versa to evolve them.

Hope this helped!

[EDIT] Damn, too slow!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
I have a question for you guys:

I'm currently building a Dark-type team, and my last Pokemon to ready for battle is Mightyena (yeah, I know it's rubbish, but I like it :P). My current setup is this:

Ability: Quick Feet
Item: Toxic Orb
Moves: Sucker Punch, Facade, Play Rough, Protect/Substitute

I've pretty much got everything sorted, but I can't decide whether to run Protect or Substitute. Protect is good because it allows me to stall in order to get the Speed boost from Quick Feet without losing any HP in the process, but Substitute could be more useful in the long term, especially if I can force a switch (although after seeing my team in the preview, I doubt they'll send a Psychic-type out first lol). Bear in mind that it's holding Toxic Orb, so I'm not going to be using either move after the first turn.

Please don't tell me to use Moxie instead of Quick Feet; by the time I realised its Hidden Ability was Moxie, I had already gone too far and didn't want to start over again.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2014
Pokemon who evolve w/out item: Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke, Graveler, Boldore, Gurdurr, Phantump and Pumpkaboo.
With item: Poliwhirl (King's Rock), Slowpoke (King's Rock), Onix and Scyther (Metal Coat), Seadra (Dragon Scale), Porygon (Up-Grade),
Clamperl (Deepseascale and Tooth).
Rhydon (Protector), Electabuzz (Electirizer), Magmar (Magmarizer), Porygon2 (Dubious Disc.), Dusclops (Reaper Cloth.
Feebas (Prism Scale), Swirlix (Whipped Dream), Spritzee (Sachet)

Trade Karrablast for a Shelmet and vice versa to evolve them.

Hope this helped!

[EDIT] Damn, too slow!

Thank you, that's great - I have a few of these items and Pokemon.

It says on Bulbapedia you can get King's Rock at Lumiose City, Lysandre Cafe - would I have been given one during the main storyline? (if so, I may have accidentally sold it as it's not in my Bag)
I guess I'll have to go hunting down wild Hawlucha and Poliwhirls... anyone know how often Hawluchas/Poliwhirls holding King's Rocks are encountered?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
It says on Bulbapedia you can get King's Rock at Lumiose City, Lysandre Cafe - would I have been given one during the main storyline? (if so, I may have accidentally sold it as it's not in my Bag)
I guess I'll have to go hunting down wild Hawlucha and Poliwhirls... anyone know how often Hawluchas/Poliwhirls holding King's Rocks are encountered?

Yes, you get that during the main storyline I'm afraid. There's a 5% chance a wild Hawlucha or Poliwhirl will be holding one, good luck finding one!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2014
Yes, you get that during the main storyline I'm afraid. There's a 5% chance a wild Hawlucha or Poliwhirl will be holding one, good luck finding one!

Ah that sucks. Might have to just see if I can trade for the already evolved forms on the GTS!

Years
Hi, idk if this has been asked before, but I really am puzzled with something so I think I'll ask it here. Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask it.

The other day I met a person while wonder trading on GTS. I traded again and again with this person, she gave me some really nice pokes with good IVs and everything, she even gave me o-powers. All I could say was "nice". I'd like to know from you guys if there is any way I can ever talk to this person to agree on trades, battles, etc. Is there a way to actually message someone if you know their ID?

I know Nintendo banned the swap note for good reasons, but I'm just puzzled and would really like to talk to this person since she has helped me out :c

Please, PM me if you know how. Thanks for taking your time to read it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hi, idk if this has been asked before, but I really am puzzled with something so I think I'll ask it here. Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask it.

The other day I met a person while wonder trading on GTS. I traded again and again with this person, she gave me some really nice pokes with good IVs and everything, she even gave me o-powers. All I could say was "nice". I'd like to know from you guys if there is any way I can ever talk to this person to agree on trades, battles, etc. Is there a way to actually message someone if you know their ID?

I know Nintendo banned the swap note for good reasons, but I'm just puzzled and would really like to talk to this person since she has helped me out :c

Please, PM me if you know how. Thanks for taking your time to read it.

In X and Y there is a chat feature, and when you trade you can turn the chat feature on. But that is the only thing I know of. There won't be any other ways to communicate in the future thanks to the SwapNote issue.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Ah that sucks. Might have to just see if I can trade for the already evolved forms on the GTS!

Lead with a Pokemon with the ability Compound Eyes, and the odds of encountering a wild Pokemon holding an item will increase from 5% to 20% - source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Compound_Eyes

Oh and teach it Thief so you can just steal the item without the need to catch the Pokemon. Butterfree, Vivillon and Yanma have Compound Eyes and can also learn Thief, and they're easy to come by too.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I have a question for you guys:

I'm currently building a Dark-type team, and my last Pokemon to ready for battle is Mightyena (yeah, I know it's rubbish, but I like it :P). My current setup is this:

Ability: Quick Feet
Item: Toxic Orb
Moves: Sucker Punch, Facade, Play Rough, Protect/Substitute

I've pretty much got everything sorted, but I can't decide whether to run Protect or Substitute. Protect is good because it allows me to stall in order to get the Speed boost from Quick Feet without losing any HP in the process, but Substitute could be more useful in the long term, especially if I can force a switch (although after seeing my team in the preview, I doubt they'll send a Psychic-type out first lol). Bear in mind that it's holding Toxic Orb, so I'm not going to be using either move after the first turn.

Please don't tell me to use Moxie instead of Quick Feet; by the time I realised its Hidden Ability was Moxie, I had already gone too far and didn't want to start over again.

I think Protect would be better. One of the main uses of Substitute to to avoid status, but that's not an issue if you use Protect, since the Toxic Orb will activate and Mightyena will be immune to getting another status effect. Mightyena lacks the bulk to make good use of Sub (especially since I assume that you're running max Attack and Speed EVs to make use of Quick Feet). All that will happen is you'll put the Sub up, the opponent will break it, and then you're left with a Mightyena that is missing 1/4 of its HP and not getting anything more than what Protect could provide. It's lifespan is gonna be short enough as is with the Toxic Orb poisoning it.

Years
Hey, I'm thinking of doing some Ev super trainig seeing as my pokemon are all around lvl 33 and some have half of more of their EV's already filled.

But I've never done EV training before. I know 4 EV is 1 stat increase and you can have only 252 EV. But my main question is wich stats to increase. For example: My krokorok has good attack stats but terrible defense stats. So is it logical to use EV training increase his def and sp.def stats ?

In other words: should you use EV teaining to boost your weaker stats (if they are needed like HP or def) or is it better to boost the strong stats of a pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey, I'm thinking of doing some Ev super trainig seeing as my pokemon are all around lvl 33 and some have half of more of their EV's already filled.

But I've never done EV training before. I know 4 EV is 1 stat increase and you can have only 252 EV. But my main question is wich stats to increase. For example: My krokorok has good attack stats but terrible defense stats. So is it logical to use EV training increase his def and sp.def stats ?

In other words: should you use EV teaining to boost your weaker stats (if they are needed like HP or def) or is it better to boost the strong stats of a pokemon.

It's logical to EV train the stats the Pokemon is good at. In Krokorok's case, it's Attack and Speed. Defensive Krookodile is viable as well; it's best to EV train it in HP and Defense in this case.

For offensively frail Pokemon that can't take a hit, train in Speed and the appropriate offensive stats. For defensive Pokemon, it's HP and the appropriate defensive stats.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017

From what I've seen, rule of thumb is to raise the stronger stats of a Pokemon. For Krokorok for example, you should go for Attack and Speed EVs. Ultimately it depends on the role you want the Pokemon to play, but if you're starting out, that's a good guideline, especially for offensive Pokemon

Edit: Of course, greninja'd.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2014
Change in egg groups?

I have something very unfortunate to discuss......it seems as though there has been a change in egg groups. I was trying to breed a wideguard Tirtouga with a mudkip........and they weren't compatible. The only explanation for this is that, unlike in generation V, Mudkip is no longer in the "Water 1" Egg group. I wonder what would prompt such an oversight......has anyone else discovered this or something like it?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Serebii says Mudkip is still in the Water 1 group. Are you sure you don't have two Pokemon of the same gender?

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I have something very unfortunate to discuss......it seems as though there has been a change in egg groups. I was trying to breed a wideguard Tirtouga with a mudkip........and they weren't compatible. The only explanation for this is that, unlike in generation V, Mudkip is no longer in the "Water 1" Egg group. I wonder what would prompt such an oversight......has anyone else discovered this or something like it?

They're both still in the Water 1 group, what happened that makes you think they weren't compatible?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I just now started my first game on Y today! I have a simple question on Pokemon Amie. Is there a certain point where they introduce it to you or is it something that you can use right away and it give a tutorial in the thing itself? If people get what I'm saying.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Question about event Torchic

I am probably getting a 3ds and Pokemon x or y in the next few days. I was reading about the Torchic event going on until the 15th and read something about the Wondercard you get along with the Pokemon. I also read the wondercards are tradable and if you trade them people who weren't able to receive the pokemon would be able to. Is this information true or false? The reason I ask is god forbid something go wrong and I can get the 3ds in time and miss the event. Torchic and his evo line are one of my favorite and one with Speed boost AND the Mega stone already included is just a ridiculously awesome gift. Can someone shed a little light on this? Thanks! Sorry for the noob question, but haven't played a official game since d/p and it wasn't even mine, I just borrowed it from a friend because I'm poor so I've been stuck with awesome Pokehacks (which Hey, isn't bad in its own right, but I want to get back to an official game).

-Sider

Years
Pokemon Stats Question?

I just hatched two HA Chimchars and I have a question.
Both Chimchars have the moves scratch, leer, thunder lunch and fire punch.
At level one, they also have;
6 attack
6 defense
6 sp.atk
6 sp.def
6 speed

Do all of the 6's mean something? Does it have to do anything with the Iv? And what does IV even stand for?
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back