• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I don't ever use Masuda Method, but I do use Chaining, Consecutive Fishing, and the Friend Safari.

I've only just started masuda, I have 3 shinys from it, safaris I do more, and chaining and chain fishing I don't do much anymore.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 21, 2014
I have been looking for a shiny from the cyndaquil evolution tree on the gts, but all of the "in return" pokemon are ones that i can't trade. I will trade me shiny entei for one of the mentioned pokemon. Please send a private message if interested.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Chaining is best for me, but I do have frustrations with how strange the mechanics are with it..I ran into a perfect patch and it broke my chain.

Yeah it can be a pain sometimes. Side Note: that moment when I am watching adventure time and the site asks me what brings me to the candy kingdom. It knows....!

Years
Ok, looking at earlier posts and seeing some sort of Shiny Charm. Sounds freaking amazing! Where do you get it and does it work with breeding?

Shiny Charm is given, by the Professor, for completing the National Pokedex. Meaning, you have to register and not just see the Pokemon. The thing is, Serebii reports that it is unknown if it stacks with breeding, but Bulbapedia says that it does. The official description of the item states "A shiny charm said to increase the chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon in the wild."

Years
I know this is a dumb question, but I'm gonna say it anyway. The National Dex. Meaning all 718 pokemon(not including Diancie)???

I believe you only need 705. You do not need event Pokemon to complete the National Dex.
You don't need:

• Mew
  • Celebi
  • Jirachi
  • Deoxys
  • Manaphy
  • Phione
  • Darkrai
  • Shaymin
  • Arceus
  • Victini
  • Keldeo
  • Meloetta
  • Genesect

Years
adamant so it could of been worse but would of prefered a different one

Well, look at Amoonguss' stats. Both it's Atk and SpAtk are the same. But, for competitive, use it as a status inflicter/staller. Amoonguss has a wide range of Status moves, such as spore, toxic, Synthesis...

Stat Range
At Lv. 50 At Lv. 100
HP: 114
174 - 221 338 - 432
Attack: 85
81 - 150 157 - 295
Defense: 70
67 - 134 130 - 262
Sp.Atk: 85
81 - 150 157 - 295
Sp.Def: 80
76 - 145 148 - 284
Speed: 30
31 - 90 58 - 174
Total: 464

Last edited by a moderator:

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
Can someone attempt to chain either a shiny Litleo or a shiny Fletchling for me? I will be giving away shinies to anyone who can help. I've tried and every time something breaks my chain. :/

Back