Advertiser Content

Which Pokémon do you think have declined in popularity?

Started by Thomas Wiencek October 10th, 2019 6:34 PM
  • 18 replies

Aquacorde

... to the w o r l d. 🥂

Age 26
Non-binary
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
10,373 posts
15.3 Years
I think nearly all the starters have declined over time. There's so much hype and love for them when they first show up and then they... eventually just kinda drop down.

Sheep

Female
Online now
Posted 40 Minutes Ago
27,186 posts
13.1 Years
I remember Typhlosion and how cool he looked being so talked about way back when GSC were newer, but nowadays it seems like no one mentions him much at all?

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
2,986 posts
5.2 Years
pokemon from gen 6 such as furfrou (who was soooo popular when x & y was released) seems like they're starting to be forgotten :(

Aquacorde

... to the w o r l d. 🥂

Age 26
Non-binary
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
10,373 posts
15.3 Years
Well, okay? Which of these starters do you think didn't decline over time?
charmander line obvs
infernape's still hella used
i think people still like blastoise and bulbasaur

Soaring Sid

Yoom-Tah!!

Age 17
Male
India
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
565 posts
96 Days
According to me,Flygon was very popular back in the day, at least where I was. It was pretty cool. And Typhlosion, as Sheep said. Darmanitan too was more popular before than it is now.

<~Trent (from this place) says the Slaking circus above leads you to a nuzlockle run.

colours

magical leaf

Female
the dream world
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
5,466 posts
14.6 Years
i distinctly remember back when weavile was solidly OU back in gen 4 and like everyone and their mom used it. nowadays however, weavile is barely on anyone's radar, rip.

Bahamut

Immortality!! Invincibility! Stand power!

Female
Lord DIO's mansion
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
144 posts
1.5 Years
I feel that Pokémon like the Charmander line and Lucario have declined in popularity. I have noticed that people think that they are unoriginal and uninspired and think that object based Pokémon are "creative".

Aquacorde

... to the w o r l d. 🥂

Age 26
Non-binary
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
10,373 posts
15.3 Years
I feel that Pokémon like the Charmander line and Lucario have declined in popularity. I have noticed that people think that they are unoriginal and uninspired and think that object based Pokémon are "creative".
I'm genuinely curious as to who you've been talking to that considers those lines to be "unoriginal and uninspired" bc I've never heard that take in my life haha

Brendino

New Horizons
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
8,322 posts
9.9 Years
Back before it even had an official English name, Snubbull was being pushed as one of the main Johto Pokemon along with Marill. It was popular for a short while, but until it became a Fairy type, I don't think I ever heard anyone talking about it, especially not as one of their favorites.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,105 posts
8.5 Years
I’d throw Heatran into the mix. As a legendary Pokémon it never really stood strong on its own and isn’t a part of a notable trio. As the metagame changed, so did it’s popularity.

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,088 posts
5.1 Years
God, I wish...try telling that to Game Freak, who put Lucario into EVERYTHING and have given Charizard more transformations than Goku at this point. You'd be hard-pressed to find two Pokemon MORE popular than those two.

Honestly I find it hard to say any Pokemon have really declined in popularity, because every Pokemon is somone's favourite, and the focus is always shifted to the new generation when that rolls around...except for Pokemon that are ridiculously popular, and for Gen 1, because Game Freak won't stop pandering to Gen 1 in their newer titles.

Noblejanobii

Ask me about Spooky Season fun facts

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,108 posts
299 Days
I think Zoroark has kinda declined in popularity. Not that it had much to start with. It got some boost thanks to Zorua being fairly popular and it being the first attempt at a Lucario clone, but because it was so hard to get and still isn't easy to obtain, I feel like it's kinda faded into the shadows since it lacks much of the special attention that Lucario gets.

Cubism

Cubie the Cube

Age 20
Male
The computer room
Online now
Posted 18 Minutes Ago
907 posts
318 Days
After Gamefreak announced Ultrainstinct Charizard for SwSh I started seeing a drop on its popularity for good. Other than that, a lot of Pokemon from Johto.
Hmmm...
Advertiser Content