Legend

Age 24
Male
USA
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted July 21st, 2019
945 posts
4.7 Years
I know nothing of the Role Player on PC but I just stumbled unto this and found it all to be pretty interesting.
I wanted to know why do guys do this? Or why do you enjoy this.
When you enter one of these Role-Playing threads, is it some kind of competition where the best will win or? Or is more about enjoy the process of developing characters.
I'm only asking because I really don't know. I don't mean to insult or belittle.
Pokemon Savage Silver
Check out the crappy hacks that I made:

Credit to Corazon(or whatever he calls himself now) for banner.
Pokemon CAWPS
Pokemon Outlaw

machomuu

Lilybilly

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10,424 posts
11.7 Years
The purpose? That's simple, to have fun. It's really as simple as that.

As for why people roleplay...that varies. Some people do it to hone their writing and storytelling skills, others do it because it's fun, then there are those that simply do it because it gives them something to do. I, for instance, got into roleplaying because I wanted to be a game designer and, as such, I found roleplaying to be a great means to help me create and develop compelling characters for my later ventures. Really, the reasons people roleplay are about as varied as the people themselves.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
20,737 posts
7.6 Years
The purpose is as macho said, to have fun. For each of us though what makes RPing fun varies.

Personally I love the world building and storytelling elements of RP. There's nothing quite like creating these huge interactive stories and watching them play out.

Foxrally

Age 21
Male
a Torterra's back
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted October 10th, 2019
2,584 posts
6.7 Years
The main reason I RP is to build a mental smash bros. roster containing all of my characters :]
Paired to Ice and gimmepie
3DS Friend Code
0103-9972-1307
I make memes and other carcinogens

Santastronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
33,425 posts
12.1 Years
lol fox

I know nothing of the Role Player on PC but I just stumbled unto this and found it all to be pretty interesting.
I wanted to know why do guys do this? Or why do you enjoy this.
When you enter one of these Role-Playing threads, is it some kind of competition where the best will win or? Or is more about enjoy the process of developing characters.
I'm only asking because I really don't know. I don't mean to insult or belittle.
Welcome to the Roleplay Theatre then!

Like others have said here, I roleplay because it's so much fun. Most roleplays here aren't competitions, rather the gain lies in the satisfaction that comes from developing characters, relations and exciting plots. We usually write posts sort of as if we're writing a story together, which makes the flow genuine for a reader. That's also why roleplaying on this forum in English has done wonders for my writing skills.

But there are competitions too, most often in the form of events. Right now we have a competition where you can create the best super villian you can imagine and hope that the community votes for your entry! And know that no question is dumb here as long as you are not trying to be mean. I hope to see you roleplaying with us soon.

Crizzle

Legend

Age 24
Male
USA
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted July 21st, 2019
945 posts
4.7 Years
Thank you all for responding. I understand now.
I'm not sure if I have the time to do it myself. But I'll try to follow some of these. There's some really great writing here.
Pokemon Savage Silver
Check out the crappy hacks that I made:

Credit to Corazon(or whatever he calls himself now) for banner.
Pokemon CAWPS
Pokemon Outlaw
Advertiser Content