• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamic Apparel System

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Pardon me if this question has already been asked.

Is it possible to implement a system into Pokémon Essentials that allows players to customize their attire, similar to that of Pokémon X and Y into RPG Maker XP? If so, how would it be done? In addition to being able to customize their player with different outfits, I need to know if it's possible to make all changes to the player's appearance take affect not just in the overworld, but also for in-battle sprites (right before the trainer throws the pokéball), as well as the Vs. Bar sprites right before fighting notably stronger opponents (such as the Elite 4 or the Champion).

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
Years
The only game I know of were you can customise your trainer fully like x and y is Pokemon insurgence. Which I think is done by overlaying clothing sprites over initial the pc sprite. That's the theory behind it I don't have a clue how to go about implementing it though.

Years
Like Maruno implied, an outfit system already exists within Essentials. It's essentially identical to the forms system used for Pokemon like Kyurem, Giratina, etc. - just applied to humans instead of Pokemon.

Now, how you take advantage of this is up to you. Do you buy clothing items in stores? Do you force the player to change outfits every time they beat a gym? Etc.

Back