EINVAL Error on Game Startup?

Started by _hecate July 31st, 2016 1:20 PM
  • 7 replies
Seen February 17th, 2017
Posted August 1st, 2016
5 posts
4.1 Years
Hello all,

I recently attempted to test the base Essentials game (unmodified fresh install straight from the .zip).

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: Errno::EINVAL

Message: Invalid argument - C:\Users\Hecate\AppData\Local\Temp;c:\ffmpeg
SpriteWindow:811:in `chdir'
SpriteWindow:811:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:222:in `new'
SpriteWindow:222:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:259:in `new'
SpriteWindow:259:in `pbGetAutotile'
Spriteset_Map:153:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
Spriteset_Map:151:in `each'
Spriteset_Map:151:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
AnimationSprite:45:in `shadow_initialize'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\Hecate\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Any insight on this error would be greatly appreciated!

Vendily

Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
990 posts
4.4 Years
Did you extract it or ran it from inside the .zip? Because I think it's the latter due to the directory.

Try extracting it then running it.

Seen February 17th, 2017
Posted August 1st, 2016
5 posts
4.1 Years
Did you extract it or ran it from inside the .zip? Because I think it's the latter due to the directory.

Try extracting it then running it.
I have already extracted it from the .zip file that came with the download so I don't think that's problem.

Compile the game and it should fix itself.
Compiling is holding "Ctrl" when play testing right? If so then I have tried it but the error still persists.

Vendily

Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
990 posts
4.4 Years
I have already extracted it from the .zip file that came with the download so I don't think that's problem.

Compiling is holding "Ctrl" when play testing right? If so then I have tried it but the error still persists.
I could never get that to work but if you can open the editor, there is a "Compile Data" option.

Seen February 17th, 2017
Posted August 1st, 2016
5 posts
4.1 Years
I could never get that to work but if you can open the editor, there is a "Compile Data" option.
What menu is it under? The closest thing I found was "Compress Game Data" under "File", but I thought that was for when you fully complete the game project? Just another thing I wanted to add on is that the game isn't complete, I am just play testing and the error pops up preventing me from playing the game past the "New Game" button.

Vendily

Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
990 posts
4.4 Years
What menu is it under? The closest thing I found was "Compress Game Data" under "File", but I thought that was for when you fully complete the game project? Just another thing I wanted to add on is that the game isn't complete, I am just play testing and the error pops up preventing me from playing the game past the "New Game" button.
Oops, I meant Editor.exe. Open that and go to "Compile Data".

Advertiser Content