• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advice on EV spread for a Mirror Coat-tailored Milotic

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 1, 2018
Hi,all.

I've just finished my hunt on Route 119 and ended up catching a female Modest Feebas with Mirror Coat.I'd like a few tips on how to make my girl deal heavier damage with Mirror Coat without getting KO'ed easily.More specifically:should I focus on strengthening her Special Defense or her HP?Should I instead split the EV gain in half,126 on SD and 126 on HP?Please note that I definitely have to use the remainder of EVs for her Special Attack regardless.

I appreciate the advice and hope I didn't start the thread in an inappropriate forum.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Then it's simple: HP and Special Defense EVs, and pour the last 4 into Def.

I don't see why you would think Special attack is that important. If you want her to be a tank and to use Magic Coat, you gotta go defense. But if you just want her to be a tank with no Magic Coat, there's a better EV spread.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 1, 2018
Then it's simple: HP and Special Defense EVs, and pour the last 4 into Def.

I don't see why you would think Special attack is that important. If you want her to be a tank and to use Magic Coat, you gotta go defense. But if you just want her to be a tank with no Magic Coat, there's a better EV spread.
Hey,Enpatsu.It's Mirror Coat,BTW,but I assume that was just a typo. :P The thing is,I want her to have a reliable offence despite my need to capitalise on her defence and Mirror Coat.I can't expect to take out opponents that deal physical damage if she doesn't have a strong Special Attack.

What I want to know is whether it would be more beneficial to increase her HP or her SD for a solid counter attack strategy.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
It was just a typo, sorry.

Honestly, Mirror coat is mostly a gimmick and requires a lot of prediction. Given that Milotic is naturally a Special Defense tank, most would rarely attack that way to bring it down, thus rendering the move more useless.

If you want my honest advice, drop it and focus evenly on all defenses, HP and then special attack.

That will make it well-rounded and exactly what you need. Free up an extra moveslot too.

Even Flow

Welcome to the Zoo
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2018
Pump its special defense and use calm @ 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Sp.D gives it reasonably well rounded defenses and doesn't compromise its tanking ability.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 19, 2018
You could give priority to HP and sp.Def, since it's what Mirror Coat Milotic is all about, but despite the Mirror Coat, you could maximize both Def and sp.Def instead of HP as well.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
You could give priority to HP and sp.Def, since it's what Mirror Coat Milotic is all about, but despite the Mirror Coat, you could maximize both Def and sp.Def instead of HP as well.

That?s an inefficient way of using EVs on defensive Pok?mon not named Wobbuffet. Max HP always takes priority for bulky Pok?mon to give it better overall bulk.

Back