• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shooting at MIT

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I really want to know why these bombers are doing this (shooting in MIT and bombing the Boston marathon)? Are they doing this out of their ethnic heritage, are they trying to bring a message to our government as a wake-up call, or are they just wanting to spread chaos for the sake of it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I really want to know why these bombers are doing this (shooting in MIT and bombing the Boston marathon)? Are they doing this out of their ethnic heritage, are they trying to bring a message to our government as a wake-up call, or are they just wanting to spread chaos for the sake of it.
Reports so far is that the older one was a bit troubled. The younger one.... so far a bit of a mystery how he wound up where he is now. Seems to have been a studious, sociable, relatively normal kid until he went missing a month ago.

I think the MIT stuff might have been because of the release of their pictures. Maybe they thought the walls were closing in on them after that? Robbing a 7/11 when you're on the run, not the best idea.

What wake-up call?

Years
I should have stayed up later to catch all this. This is nuts. Turns out they were legal immigrants too, and were U.S. citizens. So for all of the people out there saying it was that Saudi national or another "middle eastern looking person", you should be ashamed of your racist selves.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I should have stayed up later to catch all this. This is nuts. Turns out they were legal immigrants too, and were U.S. citizens. So for all of the people out there saying it was that Saudi national or another "middle eastern looking person", you should be ashamed of your racist selves.
I think most people were leaning towards domestic terrorism anyway.

But, middle eastern looking or not, their uncle is on TV right now saying that they are Muslim. So... Assumption not that far off. However, he doesn't think Islam played a part in this unless they were recently radicalized.

Looks like he's basically disowning them. Hasn't seen that family in while ('05 I think he said?), but seems to be indicating there's be some indifference between him and his brother's family. They seem estranged, he's called them losers. And reiterating that his family, Muslims, and Chechens are peaceful people - as he should.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years

But, middle eastern looking or not, their uncle is on TV right now saying that they are Muslim. So... Assumption not that far off. However, he doesn't think Islam played a part in this unless they were recently radicalized.

Looks like he's basically disowning them. Hasn't seen that family in while ('05 I think he said?), but seems to be indicating there's be some indifference between him and his brother's family. They seem estranged, he's called them losers. And reiterating that his family, Muslims, and Chechens are peaceful people - as he should.

I truly feel sorry for the uncle, because his life has been turned inside out from this dilemma.

This manhunt is extremely impressive, probably one of the biggest held within the United States. I've never seen such a large police presence in my life. This suspect really has no where to hide. There's virtually no where to go (there's currently a no-fly zone over Boston and the entire city is on lock down), so I'm sure he'll be caught really soon. The only problem that law enforcement has is that he may have explosives on him and probably won't hesitate to use them. At this point in time, he'd do anything to go out with a bang. I hope that doesn't end up becoming what happens, but this guy is obviously really unpredictable.

Also, I found it pretty interesting that these brothers may have had an accomplice. My prayers are with all of the law enforcement involved in all of this. They're making remarkable progress.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Oh wow and it's the same suspects of the Boston bombing. Good thing suspect 1 was shoot down , but the other guy, Dzhokhar Tsarnayev, is still on the run and the manhunt continues. This week has just been so awful and full of violence, I hope it can at least end on a lighter note. Meaning I hope we can finally put the case of the Boston marathon bombings to rest and the other guy is found. I can't handle anymore of these violent acts this week.

Years

I'd honestly be surprised if the average American even knows what Chechnya is, let alone know its ethnic & religeous demographics. I just hope people don't jump to conclusions.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Oh wow and it's the same suspects of the Boston bombing. Good thing suspect 1 was shoot down , but the other guy, Dzhokhar Tsarnayev, is still on the run and the manhunt continues. This week has just been so awful and full of violence, I hope it can at least end on a lighter note. Meaning I hope we can finally put the case of the Boston marathon bombings to rest and the other guy is found. I can't handle anymore of these violent acts this week.

It's too bad a beloved police offer had to lose his life over these degenerates, though, but it's also satisfying to know that one is dead and won't be able to terrorize society anymore. It's definitely been a week full of horror, and I hope it all calms down soon. Lots of shootings, people dead, just overall horrendous. :[

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I truly feel sorry for the uncle, because his life has been turned inside out from this dilemma.
Indeed. And even though there seems to be some bad blood between he and his brother. He also seems to be trying to protect his brother, while calling out the suspects.

Sir Codin

Just adding my two cents here, if both suspects are killed, it'll be much harder for anyone to get any answers as to why they committed the bombing.

That's the only reason why I prefer they get the remaining guy alive. Answers.

Years
Do I post here or in the other thread? They're kind of the same event.

They news is saying that one brother is dead, one is on the run (and might have an IED strapped to himself), that they were born in Russia and Kyrgyzstan (I think?) and that there could be one or two others involved. And neither were recluses or anything. They went to school and people liked at least the younger brother.

Anyway, I think that we might finally get to see this terror over. There's no way the police won't catch him now.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I'd honestly be surprised if the average American even knows what Chechnya is, let alone know its ethnic & religeous demographics. I just hope people don't jump to conclusions.

This lol

Again, this is horrible. No one should have to feel unsafe in their homes or their country. I can see extremist racists flying off the handle about it later, though: "DUUURR DUN LET MUSLIMS INTO COUNTRYY DUURRR" among other things.

I've already seen people saying they want a Muslim genocide (other than the women) and that Muslims should be branded like the Jews were in WWII. I can't see this helping matters.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Apparently, this is his personal Twitter account, and if it is, there are definitely some sick and twisted tweets on there. He tweeted all the way up to the 17th of April, which was two days after the bombings occurred. He also wrote "fake story" in a reply to someone who posted a picture of one of the bombing victims. It's all so disturbing...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Just adding my two cents here, if both suspects are killed, it'll be much harder for anyone to get any answers as to why they committed the bombing.

That's the only reason why I prefer they get the remaining guy alive. Answers.
I'd like to see one captured alive, because I think a trial would be a good thing. Having justice served that way.

But... as for his reasoning why? Eh... I don't care. Nothing justifies it. And these kinds of people don't really have logical explanations anyway. Like the guy who thought killing Reagan would land him Jodie Foster.

This lol

Again, this is horrible. No one should have to feel unsafe in their homes or their country. I can see extremist racists flying off the handle about it later, though: "DUUURR DUN LET MUSLIMS INTO COUNTRYY DUURRR" among other things.

I've already seen people saying they want a Muslim genocide (other than the women) and that Muslims should be branded like the Jews were in WWII. I can't see this helping matters.
I'm quite happy I never actually see these bigoted people outside of the comments section on a news site. I don't think you'd be able to change their minds one way or another. And they're a minority. So... why pay them any attention?

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Last night was crazy. I was up on Twitter's #Watertown feed and listening to the scanners and it was almost entirely confirmed to be Sunil Tripathi up until about 7 AM when I feel asleep, so I didn't get a chance to post again u_u I feel horrible for his family to have to deal with thinking that their son could have done that when he's been missing for over a month.

Most recent updates on Twitter are saying that relatives of the Chechen boys are saying that they never showed any "anti-American" sentiments and the dad is saying they've been set up. More likely they were just disconnected from the family; if you look at pics of the suspect in the bombing next to the recent grayscale pic of Dzhokhar, there's almost no doubt.

Also related, this image has been circulating Twitter and is pretty horrifying... :\

Spoiler:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Just to make matters worse:

On Wednesday, a white man harassed and punched a Palestinian woman in Medford, Massachusetts, calling her a "terrorist" and blaming her for the deadly bombing attack at the Boston Marathon.

"He was screaming 'F_ you Muslims! You are terrorists! I hate you! You are involved in the Boston explosions! F_ you!'" Abolaban remembered. "Oh my lord, I was extremely shocked."

She said the man - described as a white male in his thirties wearing dark sunglasses - kept shouting and walking toward her as she backed away.

"I did not say anything to him," she said. "Not even that we aren't terrorists…he was so aggressive."

Source

People need to realize committing hate crimes isn't going to solve anything either; it's only going to make this whole situation worse. I understand people are furious about what has transpired, but going out and causing more trouble and being islamophobic isn't going to solve. We must look idiotic to other nations out there.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
The only person who looks iditioc is Rupert Murdoch and his "durr bag men durr" front page crap.

Oh, and Wyoming Senator Mike Enzi who thinks that the solution for all this is telling parents to have a deep talk with their kids and tell them "murdering people is wrong". I wonder why nobody thought of this before.

Back