• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photo spot (simple)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
This script helps you create a photo spot and you can watch the photos in a album.
Moreover, you can delete the photos if you want.
Video:
v.18 -> Link
v.19 -> Link

How to use:
Choose version and read 'readme.txt' to use.
Find in this link -> Link

Credit:
Photo Spot by bo4p5687

Last edited:
Years
This is a feature from an official pokemon game?
Can we take photos from our adventure in game? Like some kind of screenshot?

I don't know much about this kind of features in pokemon games.
I already tested this script and it works fine.

If you want i can post here the codes for those who want to make this an item. At least for the album first.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
This is a feature from an official pokemon game?
Can we take photos from our adventure in game? Like some kind of screenshot?

I don't know much about this kind of features in pokemon games.
I already tested this script and it works fine.

If you want i can post here the codes for those who want to make this an item. At least for the album first.

Yes, this is like a feature from an official pokemon game but this is simpler. With this script, you can take photos. So, I say "Yes", we can take photos from our adventure in game and I wrote this script with the help of screenshot. Moreover, I completed your idea before I see your post. So, you can't post your code here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I don't really understand how does this works, I have the scripts in my game and I know how to call both of them, however when I choose photo I see the image of the wood with the sky and the clouds moving but there's anything in the photo, any pokémon can be seen. How does that work? I also don't know what are the params in

[MAP ID, "NAME GRAPHIC", NUMBER]

I guess Map ID is the map in which the pokémon is shown when calling the function, but I don't know how does name graphic works andwhat does number means. Thanks in advice.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Spoiler:

It's just like you can selfie in this scene, I don't add the pokemons or anything else, just a scene. Like this
And [MAP ID, "NAME GRAPHIC", NUMBER], just like in the map id: 001, you have a scene "name graphic" and you can change tone with this "number" (0).

I remember this script will be compatible v18 but I will update this script for clearly understand, soon.

Yeah, it perfectly run on v18. I meant with a refreshing look, like more background images. And more UI like flowers, etc. Also, I noticed a problem, the photo clicks only the medium-sized screen(512X384). If we run the game with double screen size, only half of the screen from the upper left gets clicked.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Yeah, it perfectly run on v18. I meant with a refreshing look, like more background images. And more UI like flowers, etc. Also, I noticed a problem, the photo clicks only the medium-sized screen(512X384). If we run the game with double screen size, only half of the screen from the upper left gets clicked.

Ok! I will check later!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2022
I'm sure I'm just dumb, but how exactly are the files supposed to be named? I'm on V18. Using the script "pbTakePhoto(0)". And every time I try to take a picture it gives me an error message that says:

Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Message: File Photo:179:in `initialize'Graphics/Pictures/Photo/ScenePhoto/83 not found.

So I'm assuming I'm not naming the files right. I have the example graphics downloaded as well and same error happens.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
I'm sure I'm just dumb, but how exactly are the files supposed to be named? I'm on V18. Using the script "pbTakePhoto(0)". And every time I try to take a picture it gives me an error message that says:

Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Message: File Photo:179:in `initialize'Graphics/Pictures/Photo/ScenePhoto/83 not found.

So I'm assuming I'm not naming the files right. I have the example graphics downloaded as well and same error happens.

CONDITION and SCENE_EXTRA is a place where you need to add the scene.
You can see in the examples.
First, you must determine where you can take photo.
Ex: You are in map 7 and you need to take photo the scene 1 (this is the name of the scene in folder). Moreover, you need the scene will change when morning or evening set the next thing is 0. The next part is special map, if you want this map is special set true. The last part is scene extra you can set 1 pokemon or 1 trainer in photo, set true if you want add it but if it's true, you must see SCENE_EXTRA
In summary, you need to add like this in CONDITION [7,"scene 1",0,true,true]
Second, call your script
Ex: Just call pbTakePhoto(0) if you set 1 image in this place. In this example, it's map 7 and just 1 scene which is scene 1

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
This seems cool! Can you post some screenshots? I believe this will make the end result of this script more clear

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Ok, the error has still not been solved. When in Large Screen we take a photo, only the 512*384 dimension from top left gets clicked, while the other 3/4 part of the screen remains unclicked.

This is optional- Can you make it such that if a variable is on a default scene will be used in all maps.

I tested in mode Large screen, it works perfectly.

You can find this line
Code:
@scene = (CONDITION[set_i_img][1].size > 1)? scene : 0
this is the name of scene -> You can do like this
Code:
if #something is right
  @scene = "Name of default"
else
end
But I write it with method: you can get reward when you take a right photo. So, you can check it if you have error ( 'def define_reward' and 'def define_special' )

I tested in mode Large screen, it works perfectly.
Yeah, the problem was not with Photo clicking, but in showing in Album itself. Album only shows 512*384 dimension from top left. I just zoomed out the image when its more than 512 pixels. And its now working fine.
You can find this line
Code:
this is the name of scene -> You can do like this
Code:
if #something is right
  @scene = "Name of default"
else
end
But I write it with method: you can get reward when you take a right photo. So, you can check it if you have error ( 'def define_reward' and 'def define_special' )

Thanks. it helped.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Update:
- Compatible version 19
- New functions:
+ Create scene with your arrange (I think so)
+ Can add new layers
+ Can add animated layers (multiple frames)

Last edited:
Back