• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen "Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting! Welcome to the world of Pokémon!"

Years
" -My name is Birch. But everyone calls me the Pokémon Professor."
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (3).png

So can someone please explain to me after Professor Birch clearly introduces himself to the "player character" "cough.. cough.. Brendan", this happens.. If you think about it Professor Birch also introduces himself before you even arrive to Hoenn.

Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (7)_LI.jpg

Wouldn't you also think he would know if he already met you? I am sure he would remember your name. Just came across my mind and wanted to share this thought lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Perhaps it is a bit like how they included this otherwise meta introduction in the Alola games, Birch speaks to you through a video or phone call.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
Personally i think that the first part is just breaking the fourth wall to to introduce the real player into the game world.

Last edited:

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
I mean, in ORAS, it's a video chat.

But, technically it was only with Birch.
You meet the rest of his family too, May/Brendan, Mrs. Birch, and Rival's Younger Sibling ~

Back