• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
There was never a pattern of how they released Eevee evolutions. Two times is not enough to make a pattern.
How so?

Generation 2: 2 evolutions
Generation 3: Nothing
Generation 4: 2 evolutions
Generation 5: Nothing

Certainly isn't some complicated or intricate 'pattern', but it is a pattern nonetheless.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
How so?

Generation 2: 2 evolutions
Generation 3: Nothing
Generation 4: 2 evolutions
Generation 5: Nothing

Certainly isn't some complicated or intricate 'pattern', but it is a pattern nonetheless.

Gen 1: 3 evolutions.

Not introducing in other generations plays NO part in them releasing them in pairs or dictate that there is a pattern to them being released in pairs. Gamefreak has also said there is no defined method to how or what goes into their games. There are no specified patterns unless you completely ignore parts. When you ignore parts you omit information discrediting the entire idea.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Gen 1: 3 evolutions.

Not introducing in other generations plays NO part in them releasing them in pairs or dictate that there is a pattern to them being released in pairs. Gamefreak has also said there is no defined method to how or what goes into their games. There are no specified patterns unless you completely ignore parts. When you ignore parts you omit information discrediting the entire idea.

I'm omitting information from the first generation because the pattern simply didn't start until the second generation. From that point on, it's rather clear, though unintentional it seems, that there is a pattern on how they've released new evolutions. That simply can't be denied. Whether they've intended for this or not, up until this current generation, the pattern was releasing two evolutions one generation, and then none the next. I also never said anything about not introducing in one generation playing any part in releasing in pairs. Simply said that this time we weren't getting a pair.

Even if we aren't getting pairs, the pattern still holds in the sense that they've skipped over a generation (5) and are releasing at least ONE new evolution in the next (6) Perhaps you think I'm using the wrong word and 'pattern' is too specific for you?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I hope we do get another Eevee evolution; Flying or Dragon would be good, although I think we could just get one and that's only because of the new type? idk.

As for other Pokémon; I saw the fake pre-evolution Pinsir and Heracross scans and god I wish they were real. Baby hera was so cute. ;_;

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I hope we do get another Eevee evolution; Flying or Dragon would be good, although I think we could just get one and that's only because of the new type? idk.

As for other Pokémon; I saw the fake pre-evolution Pinsir and Heracross scans and god I wish they were real. Baby hera was so cute. ;_;

I don't think I saw those, would you mind linking me? I'm interested. I always love seeing the fakemon lol.

Perriechu

Years
Sure. :)

Spoiler:

((that's the actual image btw i didn't take a picture of it on my pc or anything lmao jsyk))

It's impressive how they manage to do these things, lol

remember guys it's fake :>

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Ha! Wow, they do look really good! I've seen a lot of cool fakemon this generation, more than I've enjoyed in previous years. In particular, that fake Skrelp evolution looked really awesome.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
to me i can c them making this evee evos maybe some time in the future

and im not sure if i could evee evoling into a dragon typ

make:
ghost, steel, bug, rock, ground, fairy, normal, poison

dont make:
flying: i just think that would be wreid looking and compleletly out of line for evee, since most of evees have had similar looks and i cant c and evo evee having wings
fighting: i just cant c this happening unless this is based on kick boxing(such as sawk and the other one r based on judo and karate), but turning evee into fighting typ would requir evee to walk on two legs, as such all the other fighting typs

Perriechu

Years
to me i can c them making this evee evos maybe some time in the future

and im not sure if i could evee evoling into a dragon typ

make:
ghost, steel, bug, rock, ground, fairy, normal, poison

dont make:
flying: i just think that would be wreid looking and compleletly out of line for evee, since most of evees have had similar looks
fighting: i just cant c this happening unless this is based on kick boxing(such as sawk and the other one r based on judo and karate), but turning evee into fighting typ would requir evee to walk on two legs, as such all the other fighting typs

Flying Eevee would look good imo; they could just give it Dragonite-like wings. They can still look the same. Fighting Eevee doesn't have to stand on two legs to be a fighting type; a lot of quadruped Pokemon learn fighting moves just look at Arcanine and Rapidash who can learn Close Combat and Double Kick respectively. They could introduce a few more fighting moves that doesn't require the user to 'punch', perhaps some more headbutting type moves, or special-based. It's possible to make every type of Eevee and still have them keep the look that all Eevee evolutions have.

edit: What's weird is how you think they couldn't make fighting/flying Eevee but they could make a ghost/rock Eevee? I mean out of all of them those two would be the hardest to design imo

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013

Some reasons why we might get a Dragon eeveelution:
1. Mostly, eeveelutions are in pairs OR MORE.
2. Eeveelutions always had an eeveelution that they were strong against before them in the pokedex, for example:
Flareon
Vaporeon (water > fire)
Jolteon (electric > water)

Espeon
Umbreon (dark > psychic)

Leafeon
Glaceon (ice > grass)

Drakeon
Sylveon (fairy > dragon)

However, all of the eeveelutions so far have had special types, and dragon is more physical, so maybe I am wrong.

Years
I'm omitting information from the first generation because the pattern simply didn't start until the second generation. From that point on, it's rather clear, though unintentional it seems, that there is a pattern on how they've released new evolutions. That simply can't be denied. Whether they've intended for this or not, up until this current generation, the pattern was releasing two evolutions one generation, and then none the next. I also never said anything about not introducing in one generation playing any part in releasing in pairs. Simply said that this time we weren't getting a pair.

Even if we aren't getting pairs, the pattern still holds in the sense that they've skipped over a generation (5) and are releasing at least ONE new evolution in the next (6) Perhaps you think I'm using the wrong word and 'pattern' is too specific for you?

No, I'm pretty sure gamefreak claims they don't follow a patern. So I'm just going to go with what game freak says.

Perriechu

Years
Some reasons why we might get a Dragon eeveelution:
1. Mostly, eeveelutions are in pairs OR MORE.
2. Eeveelutions always had an eeveelution that they were strong against before them in the pokedex, for example:
Flareon
Vaporeon (water > fire)
Jolteon (electric > water)

Espeon
Umbreon (dark > psychic)

Leafeon
Glaceon (ice > grass)

Drakeon
Sylveon (fairy > dragon)

However, all of the eeveelutions so far have had special types, and dragon is more physical, so maybe I am wrong.

You make a good point.

Actually Dragon types were special in Gen III and below iirc? And there are more special type moves than physical for Dragon types so I'd say they've always been special more than physical tbh.

Years
Yes, Dragon used to be a special type.

But this Eeveelution is so ugly, it doesn't seems like a dragonic pokémon... I can't imagine how a dragon Eeveelution would look, though >_<

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
No, I'm pretty sure gamefreak claims they don't follow a patern. So I'm just going to go with what game freak says.

You've misunderstood what I wrote. I'm not saying they claim to have a pattern. Only they know the future of the franchise, so we could go the next two or three generations without an Eevee evolution. It's all well and good that they claim to not follow one, but it's obvious that there is one, whether they meant to do so or not. All I'm saying is that, so far, they've held a pattern of having evolutions one generation, and skipping the next. They've continued that particular pattern with this coming generation.

Yikes, I think I'm done trying to talk about this lol. I'm hoping for a Ghost evolution as the next one.

BlueEspeon

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
I think Scyther/Scizor need a pre-evolution

In Pokémon X and Y, I think Scyther and Scizor need a pre-evolution.
This is how I think it should work:

-The Pre-evolution (Let's just call him S) will be able to evolve into Scyther Or Scizor.
Basically like this:

S holds a Metal coat and gets traded = Scizor
S gets to Level 18 = Scyther

-I think the base stats should be like this:

HP: 45
Attack: 60
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 20
Special Defense: 40
Speed: 50

-And S should be bug type.

Rayquaza 97

Draco Meteor.
Years
How about a Onix pre-evo? It's HUGE for a basic 'mon and it could be easily done as all you would need to do is downsize an Onix.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
With all the Dunsparce's showing up lately in the anime and on smash, I am almost 90% certain we will be getting a Dunsparce Evo.

With all the Dunsparce showing up?

Huh?

I don't remember seeing that many Dunsparce. I mean I and a bunch of people called the Eevee thing with all the Eevee advertising back during the Unova League tournament, but I don't really see anything out of the ordinary with Dunsparce going on.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
I'd love to see a Rapidash evolution (Fire/Flying of course, or perhaps Fire/Fairy with wings). It's just practically begging to be turned into a pegasus. :7: An evolution for Pinsir would be cool too, since his buddy Scyther left him in the dust a while ago. I could also envision an evolved or baby (or both) form for Lapras. I'm not sure if that Eevelution in the picture is real or fake, but I speculate there will be another since gens 2 and 4 released them in pairs

Back