• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why we can't have fan game based on gen 5

Years
  • Age 23
  • Asia
  • Seen Nov 21, 2019
I have observed that lately gen 4 based games have become more common. Developers are using gen 4 tiles to make their very own fan games. Look at these

DoolbTP.png

ruvidonia_revamp_by_callmegav-d6dgiki.png

urdcCmr.png

They all are beautiful, no doubt on that, but why can't we have more fan games in gen 5 tiles. It would wonderful to explore the region with 3D effects like these with a good story and gameplay.

50.png

28.png

**All the above images belong to their respective owners

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
A lot of Fan-Game devs use Essentials, a program made for strictly 2D. The closest we have to an essentials-like 3D engine is the Unity Pokemon Engine. And i dont think thats complete

Keileon

Pokémon Sardonyx: RtW dev
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
I think a lot of games use gen 5 tiles-- pretty sure the trees in your first image are gen 5 style. What we don't have is the gen 5 camera. RMXP doesn't do well with pseudo-3D, I believe.

Back