• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Yellow Adventure

Sirfetch’d

Hey pals! I have started yet another new Pokemon Journey, this time in the region of Kanto. I am playing through one of the original Pokemon games, Yellow Version!

I started this journey with a pretty good idea of what to expect, I have done this many times. This time however I will be using Pokemon I do not typically use, which means boxing the Pikachu! It did not take long to find a replacement though as just west of Viridian I captured my first team member, Walton the Mankey.

Spr_1y_056.png

Walton
Lv: 3
- Scratch
- Leer

Sirfetch’d

Walton and I began our journey with some intense training. We defeated multiple Pokemon on the first route and then decided to take on our rival, Lebron. His Spearow proved to be a challenge but Walton quickly took out his little Eevee. We then made it through the spooky Viridian Forest and arrived in Pewter where we EASILY took down the town's gym leader, Brock.

Team:

Spr_1y_056.png

Walton
Lv: 13
- Scratch
- Leer
- Low Kick

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Update!

Walton and I began our journey with some intense training. We defeated multiple Pokemon on the first route and then decided to take on our rival, Lebron. His Spearow proved to be a challenge but Walton quickly took out his little Eevee. We then made it through the spooky Viridian Forest and arrived in Pewter where we EASILY took down the town's gym leader, Brock.

Team:

Spr_1y_056.png

Walton
Lv: 13
- Scratch
- Leer
- Low Kick

Good luck and I find Yellow version(which I own in hard copy that still works!!!) to be the better Generation 1 game. Gym Leaders are arguably harder and especially the Elite Four due to their improved movesets. Any idea what you plan to catch?

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
lol, Walton is a cool name. Mankey is great for Brock.
In Mt. Moon you could catch a Paras or Jiggly to raise, they could both be cool friends. Personally I would enjoy Paras as an early game weirdo Pokémon to train up.
But you will get Bulbasaur soon anyway if you unbox Pika and feed it items.
I will read what is next.

Sirfetch’d

Good luck and I find Yellow version(which I own in hard copy that still works!!!) to be the better Generation 1 game. Gym Leaders are arguably harder and especially the Elite Four due to their improved movesets. Any idea what you plan to catch?

I've since added Magikarp to my team. I don't know about the rest of my team yet though aside from Paras. Trying to find one now.

lol, Walton is a cool name. Mankey is great for Brock.
In Mt. Moon you could catch a Paras or Jiggly to raise, they could both be cool friends. Personally I would enjoy Paras as an early game weirdo Pokémon to train up.
But you will get Bulbasaur soon anyway if you unbox Pika and feed it items.
I will read what is next.

I plan to use Paras!

lmao cant believe you called your rival lebron and not christos

I don't think Christos fits 8(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Wait for Eevee and use Jolteon <3

Also your flair makes your posts look ridiculously cute :D

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Paras is frankly the only decent Bug type of Generation 1(and that's saying something considering how weak they happen to be with regards to Bug Type moves and their overall power). Solid moveset(to me) would be Cut/Slash, Spore, Mega Drain and Leech Life. Gyrados isn't bad but honestly it's such a strong Physical attacker that it can sweep most of your rival's final team solo(only Jolteon, due to its speed, would pose it a problem).

If you want a random Yellow Team, try this on for size:

primeape.png
parasect.png
vulpix.png
starmie.png
sandshrew.png
jolteon.png

I threw a couple NFE's but you can opt to evolve them. I love Vulpix by the way, hence she almost always makes my roster whenever I play.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Also your flair makes your posts look ridiculously cute :D

Paras is frankly the only decent Bug type of Generation 1(and that's saying something considering how weak they happen to be with regards to Bug Type moves and their overall power). Solid moveset(to me) would be Cut/Slash, Spore, Mega Drain and Leech Life. Gyrados isn't bad but honestly it's such a strong Physical attacker that it can sweep most of your rival's final team solo(only Jolteon, due to its speed, would pose it a problem).

If you want a random Yellow Team, try this on for size:

primeape.png
parasect.png
vulpix.png
starmie.png
sandshrew.png
jolteon.png

I threw a couple NFE's but you can opt to evolve them. I love Vulpix by the way, hence she almost always makes my roster whenever I play.

Both of you suggested Jolteon so I may as well use it on my team. I need a good electric type anyways.

New update coming later today!

Sirfetch’d

Quite a lot has happened since my last update! My team and I haven't made a whole lot of progress but we certainly look different. After defeating Brock we decided to make our way to Mt. Moon. We stop for the evening to rest in a Pokemon Center where we are approached by an old man looking to sell a Magikarp. 500 dollars is pricey but I knew it would make a good addition to our team. The next day we continue on and take on Mt. Moon. Team Rocket was there making trouble, as usual. We take them out and along the way added a Paras to our team! We then arrive in Cerulean but before taking on Misty we head north for some training. We take down our rival, Lebron, and then find a trainer who cannot raise his Charmander so we add it to our team. Quite a full party already! We do a little more training, meet a Pokemon Manic named Bill, and then take down Misty.

Team:

Spr_1y_056.png

Walton
Lv: 23
- Fury Swipes
- Leer
- Low Kick
- Karate Chop

Spr_1y_129.png

Cosima
Lv: 15
- Splash
- Tackle

Spr_1y_046.png

Kawhi
Lv: 16
- Scratch
- Stun Spore
- Dig

Spr_1y_005.png

Rozier
Lv: 16
- Scratch
- Seismic Toss
- Ember
- Leer

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Both of you suggested Jolteon so I may as well use it on my team. I need a good electric type anyways.

New update coming later today!

Well Jolteon has a solid moveset(Pin Missile being a big reason) but Pikachu isn't THAT bad on Yellow version. Double Team + Thunderbolt naturally = GG. I only suggest an Electric type like Jolteon because it makes taking out Lorelei so much easier. Jolteon is even more valuable with that Bug Type move for Jynx. I'm also a big fan of Vulpix because it learns Flamethrower earlier(and the fact it learns Confuse Ray(I hate getting hit with Confusion so its all the more sweeter when I dish it right back)) and Starmie is an underrated Water/Psychic Type. Have fun by the way.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

We took a rest at the Cerulean Pokemon Center before heading south to Vermilion. Along the way to Vermilion we encountered quite a few more trainers and even caught a Rattata! We sent him to live with Professor Oak though. Once we arrived in Vermilion City we headed east and did a fair amount of training which resulted in Cosima evolving. During this time we ran into a patch of grass and were spooked by a Drowzee! After a very intense battle with it(Hypnosis op!) we caught it and named her Delphine. We then took some time to explore the SS Anne. Little did we know that this would be a good training opportunity as well. By the time we explored the whole ship and payed the captain a visit, we were very much ready to take on Lt. Surge. Once the ship departed we headed right for the gym. The puzzle was tricky but Lt Surge wasn't much of a challenge for Kawhi who took down the Raichu very easily with 2 Dig attacks.

Team:

Spr_1y_056.png

Walton
Lv: 24
- Fury Swipes
- Leer
- Low Kick
- Karate Chop

Spr_1y_130.png

Cosima
Lv: 22
- Splash
- Tackle
- Bite
- Bubblebeam

Spr_1y_046.png

Kawhi
Lv: 23
- Scratch
- Stun Spore
- Dig
- Leech Life

Spr_1y_005.png

Rozier
- Scratch
- Seismic Toss
- Ember
- Leer

Spr_1y_096.png

Delphine
- Pound
- Hypnosis
- Disable
- Confusion

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm really enjoying reading this. Mankey is a good choice for team leader Pokemon, although the Yellow Pikachu is too good to pass up for me. Still really nice Jounal so far.

Sirfetch’d

After defeating Lt. Surge we headed back north towards Cerulean because we knew that Rock Tunnel would be our next destination. The path to Rock Tunnel proved to be really good training for us as we are soaring up in levels now! After braving the darkness of Rock Tunnel we arrived in an eerie little place called Lavender Town. It appeared not much was happening here so we headed west to Celadon. This route provided some great training as well which resulted in Delphine and Kawhi evolving! We finally arrived in Celadon and did some exploring. It turns out the town had a cute little Eevee for us! We named her Laurel(because Yanny isn't real) and immediately evolved her into a Jolteon. We then took on the Celadon Gym and defeated Erika. Now it's time to see what kind of mess Team Rocket is up to.

Team:

Spr_1y_056.png

Walton
Lv: 27
- Submission
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Karate Chop

Spr_1y_130.png

Cosima
Lv: 26
- Dragon Rage
- Ice Beam
- Bite
- Bubblebeam

Spr_1y_047.png

Kawhi
Lv: 26
- Scratch
- Stun Spore
- Dig
- Mega Drain

Spr_1y_005.png

Rozier
Lv: 27
- Scratch
- Seismic Toss
- Ember
- Leer

Spr_1y_097.png

Delphine
Lv: 28
- Tri Attack
- Hypnosis
- Submission
- Psychic

Spr_1y_135.png

Laurel
Lv: 25
- Body Slam
- Thunderbolt
- Growl
- Quick Attack

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
how do you come up with these names for your Pokemon anyway?

Sirfetch’d

how do you come up with these names for your Pokemon anyway?

Dunno haha. Most of the time I just think of cute names that fit. This time I sorta had help from people for some of them because my mind was going blank on a few. Delphine and Cosima are actually a couple from a show(Orphan Black) and I just felt like naming two of my mons after them!

Back