• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Eccentric Emerald

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Just beat the elite four with my team. I EV trained some but still had to get them at around level 55. Here they are:

Rhydon Lv55
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Rock Blast
Horn Drill

Relicanth Lv54
Rain Dance
Waterfall
Rock Slide
Return

Bellossom Lv56
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder

Arcanine Lv54
Crunch
Reversal
Blaze Kick
Extremespeed

Articuno Lv55
Fly
Ice Beam
Double Team
Agility

Hitmonlee Lv57
Bulk Up
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Sky Uppercut

How many cameos of community trainers are in the game? I think I only found 1 or 2.

At the moment, there are currently 4 cameos placed across Hoenn. Two are mandatory, they're a tag battle somewhere. The third was actually highlighted in some Tumblr posts if you go looking for it (hint: Sea Route), and the Fourth is also hidden in Victory Road.

Did you do a Randomizer run? I don't recall putting Articuno in yet. But your team looks nice!

So how far is this game? (City-wise)

Depends on what you mean. All in-game, non-Battle Frontier trainers have been edited, and the majority of routes have been altered to have certain species. Check the documentation if you're looking for something specific, or feel free to send me a PM!

This game looks wonderful so far, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2022
Looks pretty nice.
Are you going to include a visual aid for the physical/special split (like in genIV onwards, where you can see whether a move is special/physical in the stat screen).
Would be very helpful for those who don't have all the moves in their heads ^^

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Looks pretty nice.
Are you going to include a visual aid for the physical/special split (like in genIV onwards, where you can see whether a move is special/physical in the stat screen).
Would be very helpful for those who don't have all the moves in their heads ^^

I might alter the contest data for moves (since so few people actually participate in it, it seems) so that all Physical Moves are Cool, all Special moves are Beautiful, and all Status moves are Smart on the contest screen in the Pokemon Summary page. Not sure how volatile it'll be when I try that.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
I love this hack so much! Please don't forget about this hack and let it disappear because it's a really good one!

Ahaha, don't take inactivity here as abandoning it, I'm just starting from scratch to make it more stable. This time, I was even able to add some items! I'm silent, but I'm still working on it.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Good luck, hope everything ends up much more stable and with no sound glitch this time around.

Also I nominate Choice Specs to be put in since we're talking new items.

Last edited:

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Good luck, hope everything ends up much more stable and with no sound glitch this time around.

Also I nominate Choice Specs to be put in since we're talking new items.

We'll see about that. The four I have added were to accommodate evolutions, so let's see how these turn out.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2022
I may have found a small bug/oversight:

Snore and Octazooka are listed as physical attacks, although as far as I know they're special.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Something else I noticed that's in the corrupted version:

Prof's Aid before meeting May:
2oDbYH8.png

After the May fight:
hzCbEHW.png

Also I'm pretty sure Octozooka is physical but Snore is special, don't quote me on that though.

Years
Wow, this game is really nice! And when I read that there was damage split, I was jumping in joy. x]

Anyway, I just noticed something with the bag sprites, I don't know if anyone noticed or is it just me? When you go to the Pokéball, TM&HM and Berries sections, it's all glitchy.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Hey there everyone! Sorry for the wait! I've rolled out a rework today that includes the prior changes, with the inclusion of Kanto starters as stationary species, new evolutionary items, and a new shop at the end for all your evolutionary needs! Have fun, and remember to provide feedback on any noticeable glitches or errors!

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
Congrats man, about to give it a download and play. Who needs X and Y? :)

EDIT: Liked the eevee event, nice touch. I didn't see an evolution item for it in the document so I'm assuming no way to get Umbreon?

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot day/night evolutions worked in Emerald!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Hey, the split is what I'm looking for emerald, and finally there had been one!!

And may I suggest a better graphical interface, like new tilesets or battle graphics and sprites like on flora sky?

If one did that, It'd really be perfect!

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
Just fyi there is some sound corruption for Blaziken's cry, and for some reason every Lapras I've seen is spelled "Larpas". Its not a big deal but its a kind of funny haha.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hey, the split is what I'm looking for emerald, and finally there had been one!!

And may I suggest a better graphical interface, like new tilesets or battle graphics and sprites like on flora sky?

If one did that, It'd really be perfect!
Actually, there's always been a split patch. Was done the same time as all the other versions. Most hacking methods is figured out for other versions pretty quickly after FireRed.

Also, I can confirm Blaziken.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Actually, there's always been a split patch. Was done the same time as all the other versions. Most hacking methods is figured out for other versions pretty quickly after FireRed.

Also, I can confirm Blaziken.
... Perfect. Sound corrupt keeps getting the better of me, it seems. Well, noted, I'll work on fixing the Lapras typo. Thanks for the head's up

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Currently at Magma base with:
43 Slaking, 40 Sceptile, 39 Pupitar, 39 Electabuzz, 38 Shelgon, & my favorite member my 39 Ursaring.

if you find the time you should change some tiles. Emerald ones are very boring, all 3rd gen tiles are boring actually..

Had some breeding and A LOT of grinding to do.

Beat the E4 with:
53 Slaking
54 Sceptile
51 Electabuzz
55 Tyranitar
56 Ursaring
53 Salamence

Last edited:
Years
Just reporting in something again \o

In double battles, Surf only hits one foe and it's always on the right Pokemon.

Back