• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Custom Transition for specific Wild Encounter

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
Hi,

I've been trying to somehow put in a type of "if the species is a [species name] then do [specific transition]" for wild pokemon encounters but I keep hitting a dead end. I've never coded in ruby so most of what I've been trying has been complete amateur stuff such as:

Code:
if(species==PBSpecies::MEWZARD)
      Graphics.transition(Graphics.frame_rate*1.25,sprintf("Graphics/Transitions/battle",anim))
      end
In the PField_Visuals section in the part between Graphics.freeze and Graphics.transition:
Code:
Graphics.freeze
    Graphics.transition(Graphics.frame_rate*1.25,sprintf("Graphics/Transitions/%s",anim))
    viewport.color = Color.new(0,0,0,255)   # Ensure screen is black
    # Slight pause after animation before starting up the battle scene
    5.times do
      Graphics.update
      Input.update
      pbUpdateSceneMap
    end

Which probably is a load of bull to seasoned coders, but I'm not even sure if it is possible as it isn't going to be an event encounter. It's more just, if I run into a specific species of Pokemon, the transition should be different than from other kinds.

Last edited:
Back