• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Champion

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
-virtual- said:
great screen!
maybe you could show the arrow when the hero is facing down
(same as in the gba games)

--edit--
i didn't notice the flowers, there awesome! :P

About that arrow, I have no idea how to pull that of without making a 20 varibale size system(not really but you get the idea....I hope) :P. It is such a small thing, not going to change it unless it really bugs people :P.

Sorry about the lag of good updates but I haven't seen Raccoon on MSN yesterday and today, he is working on some maps(the last one for the demo) but sinds I can't reach him, I can't do much but think what might be happening.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
what I mean is that I don't wany to make it to complicated, it is also at to many places to change without a lot of work :P.
But if I would change it.... I see some weird things:
When you enter the event(On Hero touch) on the left, so you will be facing right, it will do nothing but when you look down, it will not work becouse you already triggerd it.
When you change it to On touch(Hero, Event) you can move, then when you add a input and stuff I will corrupt the menu XD. See to complicated.

Years
Actually the door arrows only trigger if you go from a tile above it (so you're facing down when you step on the trigger tile) hence why using a conditional branch would be much easier and make the script work as it was meant to.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
What script? It is in RM2k, not XP (if that is what you are refering to by "script"). and the arrow is also there when you stand before the door.

=EDIT=

I will tell you how I made it:

I got 5 event for one arrow :P, I gave them a number:
1. truns the switch "show arrow" off
2. same as 1
3. same as 1
4. this is the arrow and also the teleport to the house(when the switch is on)
5. truns the switch "show arrow" on

When the switch is on you will see that arrow and will be able to teleport to the house, this is no problem. The real prblem is turning the switch on. If you put a FORK in there that will only trun the switch on when you look down, when the switch is off ther will not be an arrow and so is the teleport also gone (:P I made that on page).
Now when you are blocked, in this picture you can't move up. The switch will still be on, and so will the arrow when you look up.

Last edited:
Years
funnybunny said:
What script? It is in RM2k, not XP (if that is what you are refering to by "script"). and the arrow is also there when you stand before the door.
Sorry my bad, I meant event.
And no, the arrow isn't always there when you stand by the door (I've tested it several times myself) it triggers if you go from one tile above like I said before (it does so in Fire Red and Leaf Green)

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
You could have the original 150 and a just a few from ru/sa that you can only catch after the league it would give the player a little something extra to do

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Naas02 said:
You could have the original 150 and a just a few from ru/sa that you can only catch after the league it would give the player a little something extra to do

That is what I am thinking too

DarkPegasus said:
Very nice,I hope that demo is on it's way!

Yes it is, really soon I hope

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I don't remember seeing this game here. Must have showed up while I was out of the country. This game looks extremely promising and impressive. It is very well done and it looks as if much of the programming was complete prior to premiering it to PC. I hope the demo will be just as outstanding! :)

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
rpgdude said:
How soon would "soon" be? As I said before, I have great hopes for this game!
I hope it is going to be this week (I keep saying that for about a month now :dead:). I finshed up the credits and we just want to add some dialoge to the end, so it will not be such crappy ending (for the demo).

=UPDATE(also edit)=​

I like to say that we just added a "new" pokemon, it is Caterpie, you can now fight and train this Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
The screen is great, but it has one grammar problem. Instead of saying, "If you don't want that Caterpie evolves," it should be, "If you don't want that Caterpie to evolve."

Back