• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SACRED PARADOX
A FireRed Hack

58H2J.jpg

INTRODUCTION:

The goal of this game is to fully replace the Pokemon experience with a Zelda experience similar to the Gameboy Zelda games. You will play as Link as you journey through a familiar yet new version of Hyrule... as a monster tamer. The battle mechanics of Pokemon will take over for this game, as you collect and capture creatures inside of Soul Gems. Gyms are out of the equation, as now you must complete dungeons by solving puzzles and capturing or defeating bosses and minibosses. Many characters from all around the Zelda timelines will make an appearance in this game, making this a fanservice fangame.
The "Sacred Paradox" itself will stem from a villain capturing Zelda and entering the Sacred Realm to create an altered world to rule over, bending reality to fuse two worlds into one. Link must defeat this villain to rescue Princess Zelda and save Hyrule!

....also, ignore my initial ideas on this first page and for the first few pages after that. This game has since evolved and a lot more has been figured out.

SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler:

Current creature sprites as of 9/8/15:
Spoiler:

VIDEOS:
Spoiler:

CREDITS:

Spoiler:

SUPPORT:

Support bar for your signature:

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=331358"]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Umyj5JF.gif[/img][/URL]

DOWNLOAD:

11/14/2016: Hey!!! All of the above information is outdated. I'm dropping a release of this for all of you who have been eager to give this rom a shot, but keep in mind that it is highly unplayable. You can sell the items you find for full price in the shop and buy them at a low price, that's currently the only way to make money. Definitely do that and buy some Faded Gems from Vasu's shop before leaving the first area.

The patch is in .UPS format. Use a UPS patcher like NUPS instead of LunarIPS for this on a fresh FireRed rom.

Thank you all for your continued support on this project and I hope this is enough to make up for the fact that this hack is being rebooted due to rom corruption!

Mirror 2: Sendspace

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The heck? Meowth in the Rom Hacking section? In 2014? Clearly a lot has gone down in the past 5 years that I missed out on.

I like the idea, but I do have to ask for clarification: are you a monster tamer? I mean, it's not completely unlikely that one of Link's incarnations would drop the Master Sword for the Master Ball, but I do wonder how that would work out.

Danno

Years
Hah, yeah, I know, not in the Game Dev section this time around. I've renewed my appreciation in Rom hacks thanks to playing LaZ and Zeikku's Liquid Crystal. But anyways, yeah, this is my first time back here in years.

Anyways, yeah, Link would be a tamer of sorts. I'm not sure exactly how that could go down in the storyline, as he wouldn't be fighting as himself and he'd be using some sort of variant of a Pokeball, but should be many ways to do this. (Maybe bottles, like when you capture the Deku Princess? Just kidding haha, but suggestions are appreciated.)

As for villains and rivals, Zelda is FULL of characters... shouldn't be hard either. And the legendaries can be the bosses... or depending on how people feel about it, maybe even Din, Farore and Nayru as the BIG Legendaries.

EDIT:
Tmxow.jpg

I have stuff to do, but working on Moosh from the Oracle games now. Think of a Snorlax who can learn Fly hahaha

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
This seems cool, but you forgot floor masters! I wont play it if it does not have Chugga's most hated zelda enemy :P

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
Oh boy, this sounds interesting! Perhaps have Ganondorf have a similar role to Giovanni?

Also, for the fairies(assuming the sprite with two is a basic stage Pokemon), perhaps have them evolve into a swarm of different colored fairies before evolving into a Great Fairy(like the ones in Wind Waker). Since Fairy type isn't in FireRed, Psychic/Flying could be a good typing. Just throwing ideas out there!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Oh boy, this sounds interesting! Perhaps have Ganondorf have a similar role to Giovanni?

Also, for the fairies(assuming the sprite with two is a basic stage Pokemon), perhaps have them evolve into a swarm of different colored fairies before evolving into a Great Fairy(like the ones in Wind Waker). Since Fairy type isn't in FireRed, Psychic/Flying could be a good typing. Just throwing ideas out there!

You should use these! I like them :)

Danno

Years
This seems cool, but you forgot floor masters! I wont play it if it does not have Chugga's most hated zelda enemy :P
Well I can't have forgotten them because I only listed a few monsters for an example lol

But my understanding is they're practically the same monster, just one turns into 3 smaller monsters when you kill it. That would be really hard if not impossible for me to do in a Pokemon battle

The story isn't intended to just be Pokemon with Zelda characters, it's intended more to be a Zelda game using Pokemon as it's new combat mechanic haha. So Ganondorf would be like Giovanni in the way that Giovanni has Mewtwo, and when you fight Ganondorf maybe you'd fight Ganon instead. Maybe you even automatically receive certain monsters after battling them? Little things to work out, but keep the ideas rolling! And yes, the fairies will turn into a great fairy :) I was thinking those fairies would be the first evolution, maybe these as a second before the great fairy?

StrayFairyPink(Woodfall).png

Or maybe they'll be a different monster altogether, like Caterpies and Weedles.

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I like this idea! Link being a monster tamer this time around is a pretty good concept.

If you're still thinking about capture devices, there are a lot of possibilities, from the Bug Catching Net to the Empty Bottle. Or, how about his fairy/companion (if you choose to give him one) would attempt to "purify" the monster. xD

If you end up wanting to include the Master Sword, why not make it into a "Pokemon" like the monsters and you'd get it late-game? Though it might make the game too easy, being the Blade of Evil's Bane and all. xD

And nice sprites, by the way. I definitely support this. :D

GoldfishHorde

Years
I like this idea! Link being a monster tamer this time around is a pretty good concept.

If you're still thinking about capture devices, there are a lot of possibilities, from the Bug Catching Net to the Empty Bottle. Or, how about his fairy/companion (if you choose to give him one) would attempt to "purify" the monster. xD

If you end up wanting to include the Master Sword, why not make it into a "Pokemon" like the monsters and you'd get it late-game? Though it might make the game too easy, being the Blade of Evil's Bane and all. xD

And nice sprites, by the way. I definitely support this. :D

I imagine it would pretty awkard for Link to throw a Bottle into battle and have explode, revealing a monster. But it could work.

That reminds me, Pokemonfying certain items within the Zelda franchise could lead to some interesting Pokemon. For example, Hookshot to Longshot to Clawshot or Arrows to Fire Arrows or to Ice Arrows or to Light Arrows, making it a branched evolution. Just try and make these items Pokemon like so they'll fit. Think Honedge, not just a floating sword with googly eyes slapped on.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
The 3 little ones together could be a different form? Or similar? As long as Floor masters and redeads are both in, i will play it so that I can have Chugga's worst zelda nightmares on my team! :)

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
I imagine it would pretty awkard for Link to throw a Bottle into battle and have explode, revealing a monster. But it could work.

That reminds me, Pokemonfying certain items within the Zelda franchise could lead to some interesting Pokemon. For example, Hookshot to Longshot to Clawshot or Arrows to Fire Arrows or to Ice Arrows or to Light Arrows, making it a branched evolution. Just try and make these items Pokemon like so they'll fit. Think Honedge, not just a floating sword with googly eyes slapped on.

The arrows could potentially be the "eevee" of that game :) I like this idea alot, butnof course, you'll need to look into a lot of different Zelda enemies. But you have to do something about Gohma's "reincarnations" in later entries.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I really don't think making items into Pokemon is a good idea, it would take away from the immersion of the hack and wouldn't really feel like Zelda. It'd feel like...well, Pokemon with a Zelda texture.

If the items were really going to be used in battle, why not just use them as separate versions of Link (as in, in Sprite and moveset)? This was an idea I had for one of my other non-Pokemon ideas, but creating a separate version of Link that uses that item would work just fine, as it's basically Link equipping the item.

Danno

Years
The 3 little ones together could be a different form? Or similar? As long as Floor masters and redeads are both in, i will play it so that I can have Chugga's worst zelda nightmares on my team! :)

I could have the Floormasters evolve into the Wallmasters :P

I don't know if there'd be a point in turning items into monsters. I always hated that about the newer gens... Call me a genwunner(even though I like the first 3 gens) and sure, we had Magnemite, but magnets are a naturally occurring thing. Trashbags and icecream cones lol... so yeah I don't know about the inanimate objects being used for pokemon battles. However, if there was a way to do ASM hacking and allow for Key Items to be used for HM moves, I could see the master sword being used for cut, maybe even if you cut the grass it has a higher chance of a battle, and if I'm REALLY lucky and find someone who knows what they're doing, the L and R buttons could be used to switch between items or something. Just a thought, really really reaching there haha. I still think those key items should be found in a chest in the dungeon though. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I was thinking about that, what if Link received an item, such as a staff or something that needed a certain type of crystal or something to capture and use the monsters? There could be weaker crystals(or whatever), like the pokeball, etc etc etc to the Masterball type crystal? the animation for him sending out the Pokemon would be him using the staff or something. You'd need to buy the crystals from the shops of course.

I really don't think making items into Pokemon is a good idea, it would take away from the immersion of the hack and wouldn't really feel like Zelda. It'd feel like...well, Pokemon with a Zelda texture.

If the items were really going to be used in battle, why not just use them as separate versions of Link (as in, in Sprite and moveset)? This was an idea I had for one of my other non-Pokemon ideas, but creating a separate version of Link that uses that item would work just fine, as it's basically Link equipping the item.

You're on the same page as me I see. There's the open Fishing animations, as I probably won't need that.... maybe. I dunno yet, but it could be used for the sword I guess.

Thanks for the replies guys, you're really helping me flesh this thing out.

SIDE NOTE:
Still working on Moosh's shading, here's the progress.
g1tjt.jpg

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I don't know if there'd be a point in turning items into monsters. I always hated that about the newer gens... Call me a genwunner(even though I like the first 3 gens) and sure, we had Magnemite, but magnets are a naturally occurring thing. Trashbags and icecream cones lol... so yeah I don't know about the inanimate objects being used for pokemon battles. However, if there was a way to do ASM hacking and allow for Key Items to be used for HM moves, I could see the master sword being used for cut, maybe even if you cut the grass it has a higher chance of a battle, and if I'm REALLY lucky and find someone who knows what they're doing, the L and R buttons could be used to switch between items or something. Just a thought, really really reaching there haha. I still think those key items should be found in a chest in the dungeon though. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
It's definitely possible, it's actually a...I don't want to say relatively common feature, because you actually don't see it too often, but it is implemented into various hacks and it's at least a widely acknowledged technique. I've always been a fan of it myself due to the difficult and spacious nature of HMs, and in this context it would work great, especially thanks to Select Hotkeying.

I was thinking about that, what if Link received an item, such as a staff or something that needed a certain type of crystal or something to capture and use the monsters? There could be weaker crystals(or whatever), like the pokeball, etc etc etc to the Masterball type crystal? the animation for him sending out the Pokemon would be him using the staff or something. You'd need to buy the crystals from the shops of course.
Crystals would actually be a good idea. I'm just spitballing here, but if there were...say, crystals that were in some way in affiliation to one of the Goddesses that created the planet (Din, Naryu, and Farore). They don't necessarily have to be special crystals, but they vary in quality (and the quality represents their catching power.

And, for the sake of lore, their capturing capabilities are available to Link only because of the Triforce that he bares. That's one idea, at least.

GoldfishHorde

Years
And, for the sake of lore, their capturing capabilities are available to Link only because of the Triforce that he bares. That's one idea, at least.

Then how would we have trainers if only Link could use their capturing capabilities? Perhaps Trainers are instead "mobs" of enemies? Or maybe no trainers at all. I'm just spitballing here.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Then how would we have trainers if only Link could use their capturing capabilities? Perhaps Trainers are instead "mobs" of enemies? Or maybe no trainers at all. I'm just spitballing here.
That's actually exactly what I was getting at. The idea is that it's a capability only available to those with the Triforce, and as such, it isn't some widespread phenomenon. The trainers wouldn't need to be other people, they could just be groups of monsters, as you say.

Danno

Years
That's actually exactly what I was getting at. The idea is that it's a capability only available to those with the Triforce, and as such, it isn't some widespread phenomenon. The trainers wouldn't need to be other people, they could just be groups of monsters, as you say.

Yeah, true, because Link never really fights against other humans anyways unless they're a boss/miniboss. I like that idea, but on the other hand, it may get a bit boring without some sort of human trainers... so maybe the triforce of courage can be used, but in some other way? Hmm. This one needs some thinking on. Because I'd like to have sprites for some of the other NPCs to show up in-game at some point, at least for the artistic appeal of the game.... gotta think on both sides of this.

Like, defeat Malon to obtain the useless monster, the Lon Lon Cow or something. haha. (Though maybe it knows rollout? :D :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back