Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Draconius GO

Old April 18th, 2016 (3:53 PM).

So I tried to use the game code for the original soul silver and the one for storm silver but neither of them work. What exactly do you mean by "Action Replay Codes supported. (You can find in it own document)". Where is this document?

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 18th, 2016 (5:57 PM).
    Quan Giang

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Feroniamon View Post
      Looks very good, especially with the Fairy type and new attacks. Normally I don't really like HGSS for not fixing the level curve and lack of good grinding places despite all the good features, but this one seems interesting. Will try MoonSilver to have a refreshing experience if I'm in the mood for this.

By the way, can the Kris patch from Hiro TDK be used in SunGold/MoonSilver, too?
      As he's stated, the patch supports Storm Silver, it should also work with MoonSilver where the scripts haven't been changed much.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jennaira View Post
      So I tried to use the game code for the original soul silver and the one for storm silver but neither of them work. What exactly do you mean by "Action Replay Codes supported. (You can find in it own document)". Where is this document?
      This hack works with the code from Storm Silver. You can find it in the SGSS document folder.
      Old April 18th, 2016 (8:19 PM).

I've tried both Storm Silver codes (IPGE D5D82CBF and IPGE C794B178) and neither one of them works. I haven't had this problem with any other games/hacks and my settings are correct. Is anyone else having this problem?
        Old April 26th, 2016 (8:03 AM).

Walnut, congrats on your hack. But as you said, BB2&VW2 by Drayano were also, for me, the best pokemon games made. Can't you insert the fairy type, and the other things, in BB2&VW2? Moromoro's tutorial is just for HG&SS?
          Old April 30th, 2016 (11:30 AM).

Okay so Silver is the favourite game for me and I spent almost 2 weeks on this one so here is my impression (mostly pros and cons), will avoid spoilers if possible

PROS
            _ Difficulty up a lot, especially early into the game and second time E4. I didn't really grind my team so E4 was outleveling my team by 10-15 levels, costing a lot of items to pass. Ash was even much harder.
            _ Type balancing, making some types not so OP and some types more useful, neat. Also made some pokemons more viable.
            _ Changed types in some pokemon, adding more variations, nice.
            _ Almost all pokemons are easily accessible. Some are harder to acquire but I can see how.
            _ More variety to choices for team from start. Though there are so many good pokemons from the start that I don't feel like capture any later for my main team.
            _ New moves with different effects. Some old moves also got modified to be more useful.
            _ Smooth gameplay

CONS
            _ Some type reworking on Pokemons just (to me) feels like personal preferences. Most noticeable are Flygon (Bug / Dragon), big nerf, so I have to resort to Garchomp. Gyarados (Water / Dragon), thou it looks cool to be dragon, why do I want a clone of Kingdra in the game? Empoleon (Water / Ice), its original dual typing was unique, now it is just a Dewgong with big Sp.Atk and Snow Warning.
            _ Accuracy modifications make me so furious some times with many moves originally having 100% acc now 90 - 95%. thus missing occasionally. It feels almost like the opponent is getting free Double Team (so am I but I don't want it).
            _ This is a technical bug, don't know if fixed or not. I cannot access Pokedex, so no real way to check pokemon's location. I don't know how I capture all the pokemons I want without going through the whole 2 regions again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good job on the remake. Hope to see more from you!
            Old May 1st, 2016 (8:34 AM).
            Quan Giang

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Xoy Piners View Post
              Walnut, congrats on your hack. But as you said, BB2&VW2 by Drayano were also, for me, the best pokemon games made. Can't you insert the fairy type, and the other things, in BB2&VW2? Moromoro's tutorial is just for HG&SS?
              I'd love make a hack for gen 5 when I have more free time to research more possible editing ways. Currently, the tool for gen 5 is limited and although there is MeroMero tutorial on BW2, it crashes when playing on flashcards.
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by hukurae View Post
              Okay so Silver is the favourite game for me and I spent almost 2 weeks on this one so here is my impression (mostly pros and cons), will avoid spoilers if possible

PROS
              _ Difficulty up a lot, especially early into the game and second time E4. I didn't really grind my team so E4 was outleveling my team by 10-15 levels, costing a lot of items to pass. Ash was even much harder.
              _ Type balancing, making some types not so OP and some types more useful, neat. Also made some pokemons more viable.
              _ Changed types in some pokemon, adding more variations, nice.
              _ Almost all pokemons are easily accessible. Some are harder to acquire but I can see how.
              _ More variety to choices for team from start. Though there are so many good pokemons from the start that I don't feel like capture any later for my main team.
              _ New moves with different effects. Some old moves also got modified to be more useful.
              _ Smooth gameplay

CONS
              _ Some type reworking on Pokemons just (to me) feels like personal preferences. Most noticeable are Flygon (Bug / Dragon), big nerf, so I have to resort to Garchomp. Gyarados (Water / Dragon), thou it looks cool to be dragon, why do I want a clone of Kingdra in the game? Empoleon (Water / Ice), its original dual typing was unique, now it is just a Dewgong with big Sp.Atk and Snow Warning.
              _ Accuracy modifications make me so furious some times with many moves originally having 100% acc now 90 - 95%. thus missing occasionally. It feels almost like the opponent is getting free Double Team (so am I but I don't want it).
              _ This is a technical bug, don't know if fixed or not. I cannot access Pokedex, so no real way to check pokemon's location. I don't know how I capture all the pokemons I want without going through the whole 2 regions again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good job on the remake. Hope to see more from you!
              As someone who's spent quite a lot of time and effort on this hack, I'm happy to see such in-depth and earnest feedbacks. I'll definitely look into the Cons you mentioned, specially Empoleon's typing since you're not the only one to say this.
              There'll definitely new hacks coming cuz I've so enjoyed doing this stuff. I'll update more info as soon as possible.
              Old May 7th, 2016 (7:04 AM).

This looks pretty good! A few of my friends are playing this and recommended this, but before I do I have a question and a comment.

Question: Are the encounters really randomized on Sun Gold? Do I have to play Moon Silver if I don't want those?

Comment: A friend of mine commented on Skype that the Pokemon Changes PDF states that Aron is now pure Steel, which is fine, but it claims it was changed from Steel/Ground? Aron's line in canon was never Steel/Ground, it's Steel/Rock.

Comment 2: I'll be honest and state that I understand your desire to balance out typings, but I do not like a lot of the new type chart changes, especically Water beating Electric. It makes sense, but it really seem jarring, and I'm sure I'll forget when I start playing.

Still, this looks great!
                Old May 8th, 2016 (1:08 AM).
                Quan Giang

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Genda View Post
                  This looks pretty good! A few of my friends are playing this and recommended this, but before I do I have a question and a comment.

Question: Are the encounters really randomized on Sun Gold? Do I have to play Moon Silver if I don't want those?

Comment: A friend of mine commented on Skype that the Pokemon Changes PDF states that Aron is now pure Steel, which is fine, but it claims it was changed from Steel/Ground? Aron's line in canon was never Steel/Ground, it's Steel/Rock.

Comment 2: I'll be honest and state that I understand your desire to balance out typings, but I do not like a lot of the new type chart changes, especically Water beating Electric. It makes sense, but it really seem jarring, and I'm sure I'll forget when I start playing.

Still, this looks great!
                  Yes, SunGold is for randomized Nuzlocking experience where you can't pre-plan your team. I'd recommend MoonSilver for you. I made a mistake in the old typing of Aron's line. And about the type chart, Electric is now super effective against steel, I gave it the water weakness so that it won't be too OP. This also helps when no pkm in your team can learn a ground-type move, especially in the early game where plenty of AI trainers have Electric pkm.
                  Old May 10th, 2016 (2:20 PM).

Hi, great hack! I'm so happy to see more mods of the DS games. I also like the changes to the types, as far as I'm concerned the logic is as sound as the originals. Its also cool to have some different uses for the same pokemon. I thought I'd point out a couple of minor things that seemed off in my MoonSilver playthrough so far: Gardevoir is psychic only rather than psychic/fairy, and there was a trainer who's pokemon only used struggle around route 47/48 (sorry, not entirely sure where, I think one of them was a ninetails). Anyway, great hack, and I hope to see more!
                    Old May 15th, 2016 (6:59 PM).
                    Quan Giang

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by aud1tor View Post
                      Hi, great hack! I'm so happy to see more mods of the DS games. I also like the changes to the types, as far as I'm concerned the logic is as sound as the originals. Its also cool to have some different uses for the same pokemon. I thought I'd point out a couple of minor things that seemed off in my MoonSilver playthrough so far: Gardevoir is psychic only rather than psychic/fairy, and there was a trainer who's pokemon only used struggle around route 47/48 (sorry, not entirely sure where, I think one of them was a ninetails). Anyway, great hack, and I hope to see more!
                      Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate it. And sorry I must have forgot to add Fairy-type to Gardevoir!
                      I'll probably release a patch to fix these issues later. Now I'm engaging in the designing process of every aspect in my next hack.
                      Hope to see more feedbacks so that I can improve the quality of my future hacks.
                      Old May 18th, 2016 (3:39 PM).

Nice hack! I may not agree with every change, but it's been an interesting experience so far. A minor thing I noticed is that Onix, being a Rock/Dragon type, does not take super effective damage from Ice type moves. I checked the type chart just to be sure.
                        Old May 19th, 2016 (3:28 AM). Edited May 19th, 2016 by DSg077.

A couple more things:
                          -Steel doesn't have its fairy resistance (it should according to your type chart)
                          -Steel is no longer super effective against Rock types

Maybe these were changed later, but the type chart doesn't reflect that.

Is it possible to edit the TM descriptions for the new TMs? It still has the text and color of the original TMs.
                          Old May 19th, 2016 (4:25 AM).

Quote:
                            Looks very good, especially with the Fairy type and new attacks. Normally I don't really like HGSS for not fixing the level curve and lack of good grinding places despite all the good features, but this one seems interesting. Will try MoonSilver to have a refreshing experience if I'm in the mood for this.

By the way, can the Kris patch from Hiro TDK be used in SunGold/MoonSilver, too?
                            Did you get this to work, by the way? I've been trying to use it myself and haven't had any luck.
                            Old May 19th, 2016 (8:59 AM). Edited May 19th, 2016 by Leòmhann teine.

Nature: Sassy
                              Quote:
                              ; and deals normal damage to Rock.
                              *cough* water *cough* erodes *cough* rocks. But then again it also rusts metal. Though steel is hard to rust.

Ok how the heck do I patch this thing? I have never used xDelta before and I don't know what to use for the output file so if you could direct us to a good tutorial or explain it that would be great!

From MADA(Magic Arts Duel Academy)!
                              Currently working on
                              Pokemon Guardian of the Sacred Temple

Shiny Pokemon I have caught: Rapidash (SS), Linoone (E), Spinda (E), Bibarel (Pt), Weedle (FR), Garbodor (X), Chansey(x5) (X), Audino(x2) (X)

Hall of fame post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9067116&postcount=8
                              Old May 19th, 2016 (7:46 PM).
                              Quan Giang

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by DSg077 View Post
                                Nice hack! I may not agree with every change, but it's been an interesting experience so far. A minor thing I noticed is that Onix, being a Rock/Dragon type, does not take super effective damage from Ice type moves. I checked the type chart just to be sure.
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by DSg077 View Post
                                A couple more things:
                                -Steel doesn't have its fairy resistance (it should according to your type chart)
                                -Steel is no longer super effective against Rock types

Maybe these were changed later, but the type chart doesn't reflect that.

Is it possible to edit the TM descriptions for the new TMs? It still has the text and color of the original TMs.
                                Thanks for your reports on the type chart. Those are last-minute changes that I forgot to update in the type-chart. About the TM description, I still haven't found its garc location to edit yet.
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Leòmhann teine View Post
                                *cough* water *cough* erodes *cough* rocks. But then again it also rusts metal. Though steel is hard to rust.

Ok how the heck do I patch this thing? I have never used xDelta before and I don't know what to use for the output file so if you could direct us to a good tutorial or explain it that would be great!
                                The match-up between Water and Rock is changed because Water's now been s.e against 4 types already and Rock need a buff in the deffensive side for balance. Water erodes rock. That's why Rock isn't immune to water, lol. Water erodes rock so slowly that it can't be s.e against rock, right?
                                Old May 19th, 2016 (7:51 PM).
                                Quan Giang

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Leòmhann teine View Post
                                  Just open the Xdelta UI application in the patch folder and click open to the patch file, the base rom and name the output with .nds at the end.
                                  Old May 19th, 2016 (11:40 PM).

Just finished SunGold, really enjoyed it as it felt refreshing due to all the pokemon type changes. However, i feel that wild pokemon levels are too low which makes grinding really slow.
                                    Old May 20th, 2016 (8:10 AM).
                                    Quan Giang

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by icyblade View Post
                                      Just finished SunGold, really enjoyed it as it felt refreshing due to all the pokemon type changes. However, i feel that wild pokemon levels are too low which makes grinding really slow.
                                      Thanks for your feedback. I'll look into this matter in the next games. Btw, have you beaten Red? He must be a big challenge in SunGold.
                                      Old May 20th, 2016 (10:13 AM).
                                      I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!

Nature: Brave
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by walnut3072 View Post
                                        Thanks for your feedback. I'll look into this matter in the next games.
                                        Next [email protected][email protected] yaaay.
                                        Old May 20th, 2016 (2:05 PM).

Quote:
                                          I guess I can take a look at that now that I've salvaged my files.
                                          Old May 20th, 2016 (3:24 PM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by walnut3072 View Post
                                            Thanks for your feedback. I'll look into this matter in the next games. Btw, have you beaten Red? He must be a big challenge in SunGold.
                                            Yes i did and i must say boy was it a challenging battle, but i had a lot of fun .
                                            Old May 20th, 2016 (4:01 PM). Edited May 20th, 2016 by DSg077.

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Hiro TDK View Post
                                              I guess I can take a look at that now that I've salvaged my files.
                                              Oh man! Thanks so much! I'm not a fan of the young, girly, overly pink design of Lyra and your Kris mod looks awesome.
                                              Old May 22nd, 2016 (7:49 AM).
                                              Lord Arkadios Lord Arkadios is offline
                                              PKMN Trainer Zalkari

Nature: Sassy
                                                Hmm...I can't help but notice that in the SunGold patch that when your mother gives you the running shoes and gb player it doesn't show up. The running shoes if I remember in this game show up on the touch screen. As for the GB Player I think it was slotted in the key items...yet they aren't there? I mean walking is nice, but sometimes I like to run. lol
                                                Old May 23rd, 2016 (7:09 AM).
                                                walnut3072 walnut3072 is offline
                                                Quan Giang

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Lord Arkadios View Post
                                                  Hmm...I can't help but notice that in the SunGold patch that when your mother gives you the running shoes and gb player it doesn't show up. The running shoes if I remember in this game show up on the touch screen. As for the GB Player I think it was slotted in the key items...yet they aren't there? I mean walking is nice, but sometimes I like to run. lol
                                                  Event scripts of HeartGold&SoulSilver are kept unchanged in SunGold. Only MoonSilver has extra events from SacredGold&StormSilver.
                                                  Old May 23rd, 2016 (12:36 PM). Edited May 24th, 2016 by DSg077.

I reeeally want to continue playing this but I've held off for 2 things that hopefully could be looked at first. Gardevoir's psy/fairy typing is missing. Fairy tying is a godsend for such a fragile thing.

Also, if those "errors" I thought were with the type chart intentional, can we get an updated type chart document with it? Keeping up with the new changes is difficult enough, so I've been relying heavily on the type chart to stay up to speed and need it to be accurate.

Nice work on the game! Really looking forward to the challenges.

Quick Reply