• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch 'Em All Club!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
I actually finished Moon the game main story, ultra beasts and pokedex in about 20 hours.
Finished main story in 14 hours, ultra beasts took only about an hour or so and finishing the dex a bit longer because of the missing ultra beasts.

I ported all of the pok?mon from my previous game in which I finished the dex as well.

I personally found it rather boring because of how easy it was to get the additional pok?mon. Getting the first 151 pok?mon was a real task back in the day because it was pretty much impossible to begin with. Luckily I had blue and my bro had red so we could trade quite a bit just in between us two.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
Name: Veil
Progress: One Marshadow away from Completion.

My Advice, Just buy every pokemon game from Diamond and Pearl onward, and for the legendaries, Trade Weedle for them all. I got nearely half the legendaries from trading weedles on the GTS.

I also have a crap ton of Hidden ability pokemon now.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I actually finished Moon the game main story, ultra beasts and pokedex in about 20 hours.
Finished main story in 14 hours, ultra beasts took only about an hour or so and finishing the dex a bit longer because of the missing ultra beasts.

I ported all of the pok?mon from my previous game in which I finished the dex as well.

I personally found it rather boring because of how easy it was to get the additional pok?mon. Getting the first 151 pok?mon was a real task back in the day because it was pretty much impossible to begin with. Luckily I had blue and my bro had red so we could trade quite a bit just in between us two.

That's why you start fresh each new generation! Have days of fun recollecting all the pokemon.

From my previous post, I was just starting my living dex in Black 2. I started it in Black as well and have been simultaneously trying to complete both at the same time. After many, many trades, all I have left are pokemon not available in Gen V, which means I have to breed a bunch of stuff on my Platinum and play the stupid catching minigame too many times. I should complete my living dexes by the end of next week (hopefully).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
That's why you start fresh each new generation! Have days of fun recollecting all the pokemon.

From my previous post, I was just starting my living dex in Black 2. I started it in Black as well and have been simultaneously trying to complete both at the same time. After many, many trades, all I have left are pokemon not available in Gen V, which means I have to breed a bunch of stuff on my Platinum and play the stupid catching minigame too many times. I should complete my living dexes by the end of next week (hopefully).

Thing for me is that a lot of pok?mon I have have been bred well and I definitely don't want to put hours upon hours trying to get the IV's wanted, nature wanted and EV training afterwards.
As well as some that can't get moves (or very hard) like beedrill with drill run (I think that's what the move is called that you get with BP in oras, don't think you can get that on sumo)

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Hello! I completed the Sun Moon pokedex earlier this year and am currently working on my Living National Dex. I started working on it once I replayed my Pokemon X a month or two before I got Moon last November and I am nearly done!

Name/Nickname: 27thColt you can call me 'Colt'
Current Progress: According to this site, I am 97.4% the way done with only 21 pokemon missing, them being Unown, Stantler, the Seedot Line, as well as Mythicals. Despite this, I'd say I still have a bit more work to do since I'm in progress in getting all permanent alternate forms (I still don't have the aforementioned Unowns, Summer/Autumn Deerling & Sawsbuck, and Orange Flabebe) as well as every pokemon that features gender differences.

Doing something like this has always been a dream for me as a kid but just now I've been able to fulfill it.
If anyone needs any mons I'm always free to help ^_^ (although I have a busy sched)

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I'm replaying Gold and considering trying to fully complete the dex there. Never done it on an older game before!

Kumo Teto

regular ghost
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 31, 2018
Completed Alola regional dex! Quite fun, I think I managed to get them all trading only to evolve.
Now I'm working on ORAS Dex, still haven't completed the regional, but finished the game and got quite a few from the national already. Still got a long way to go, hope I can accomplish this, since I've got no event exclusives. Hoping someday I'll get my own Mew, ever since I found out it can learn Transform <3

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Name/Nickname: Alex aka SaniOKh
Current Progress: Done, done and done, to the point where I have a living dex for every generation starting with Generation III.

I did use cheating devices for event-exclusives in generations three to five (I was late to the party, and I just hate staring at empty spots in a supposedly complete Pokédex) but thanks to the Pokémon 20 series of event distributions, and me diligently following all event-exclusive Pokémon distributions since buying X and Y, I can safely say that all my event-exclusives from Generation VI onward have been legit (I did duplicate Volcanion to both send it to Generation VII and keep it for Generation VI, but let's not dwell on that :) ) . I got myself a Marshadow earlier today on my way from work.

And yeah, despite there being no National Dex in Generation VII, I have a full living dex for it nevertheless. Because it didn't feel right otherwise.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Name/Nickname: Alex aka SaniOKh
Current Progress: Done, done and done, to the point where I have a living dex for every generation starting with Generation III.

I did use cheating devices for event-exclusives in generations three to five (I was late to the party, and I just hate staring at empty spots in a supposedly complete Pokédex) but thanks to the Pokémon 20 series of event distributions, and me diligently following all event-exclusive Pokémon distributions since buying X and Y, I can safely say that all my event-exclusives from Generation VI onward have been legit (I did duplicate Volcanion to both send it to Generation VII and keep it for Generation VI, but let's not dwell on that :) ) . I got myself a Marshadow earlier today on my way from work.

And yeah, despite there being no National Dex in Generation VII, I have a full living dex for it nevertheless. Because it didn't feel right otherwise.

Welcome to the club! I didn't think there'd be many people who did that, since most just keep 1 updated dex. Do you just have simple living dexes (1 of each) or do you keep formes as well? Personally I just keep a simple living dexes in all of mine.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Just simple living dexes. As long as the "caught" entry appears in the Pokédex, that's good enough for me :) .

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
This is a pretty cool club that I wouldn't mind keeping up with, wish I knew about it a few weeks ago when I was still working on my Moon Pokedex. With the addition of Marshadow, I now have my Moon Pokedex at 100% 302/302. I actually thought it was a pretty easy pokedex to get through. I traded a lot on the GTS to get most of my pokedex filled out. I also don't have Pokebank, so everything I got on Moon was from that game and anything I could grab on the GTS.
I managed to get the version exclusive UB's by trading their counterparts on the GTS, and my favorite trade I did was I traded a Lanturn to get a Solgaleo on the GTS.

I'm thinking about going back to my copy of Omega Ruby and trying to complete the National Pokedex on there. I already finished the Regional Dex on OR, but I really want to get every pokemon on that game including the mythicals. I know I still need Celebi, Jirachi, and Mewtwo. There might be a few more mythicals I need, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
congrats! I didn't get so lucky with Lanturn -> Solgaleo type trades, I mostly had to trade away a bunch of my ORAS transferred legendaries in order to get some of the rarer Alola mons, haha. Didn't matter in the end though, I just restarted AS and got em all back.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Mini bump.

So, before USUM, I wanted to get a head start on the Pokedex in HGSS. In particular, I wanted to get the Johto Safari Zone time exclusive pokemon; the ones that require you to wait in real time. I set up the safari zone on my SS cartridge in July and just today, I finally finished with it. In total 140 days of waiting, the longest being Gible at 120 days. I don't think I'll continue until after USUM come out though, but I'm thankful I finally got this out of way, especially because not many people have done this.

-Izuna-

Banned
Years
Very looking forward to this weekend as I'll hopefully be able to catch a bunch more Pokémon! I stopped just wandering around and catching Pokémon that way, I've just been catching them in approximately Dex order while watching netflix all day, and it is a lot of fun ahaha

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
I started trying to complete the Omega Ruby national Pokédex about two weeks ago. I'm a little nervous about figuring out how to get my hands on some Mythical Pokemon without having to give away too much of my rare collection. So far I have around 615 Pokemon out of the 721. I've completed the Pokédex generations 1, 2, and 3, but I don't have the Legendary Bird Trio, Mewtwo, Lugia, Celebi, or Jirachi.

I'll update more when I either get my hands on some of those Legendary Pokemon or if I complete the other generations within the Pokédex.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
About 3 weeks since USUM have come out, I've caught almost everything available in the wild in UM. I still need to catch all the legendaries in the Wormholes but I'll leave those for later. For the Alola dex, before I tackle US, I still need Poliwrath (because it never rains in Malie Garden) and Volcarona (the hardest SOS exclusive). After that I'm gonna do mass-breeding and evolving to get everything before I start US. Hopefully I'll be done before the year is up.

Back