• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most embarrassing Pokemon nicknames

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
welp time to reveal my MOST embarissing nickname. more embarissing than bigmomma for snorlax. I named this little guy "prince charming" on pokemon showdown. why? I have no idea

250px-573Cinccino.png

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Haha I love these: some of them are absolutely hilarious. Thank you original thread creator, you're wonderful :D

I'm uncreative, so most of my Pokemon just have a y at the end. Ziggy, the Zigzagoon Birdy the generic bird at the start of the games.. Geodude is Rocky or Georock :P

I have named Squirtle Sheldon and Axew Axel, which I thought was pretty cool though :) and a Crobat called Batzinga which imo is AWESOME :)

Also: Tubby the Snorlax :)

I can't really think off the top of my head of any particularly bad nicknames, but usually I play Pokemon with my Boyfriend, so we have a "your next Pokemon will be called ____" kinda thing, so I have lots of gender confused Pokemon, such as Alice the male Rapidash :P

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
This one isn't really embarrassing but I thought it was pretty silly. I was going through my PC in my Black 2 game. I came across a Drifblim that had the punniest nickname ever. I named it PacificBlim (Or PacifiBlim because of character restraints). I was choking with laughter. I completely forgot about PacificBlim. I guess I caught him right after I saw Pacific Rim in theaters.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
Checked my old White save and found some real gems

• Miley - Minccino (uh)
  • RAWRant - Flygon (wow I was not funny back when I was younger)
  • Neo-Frog - Spectile (makes no sence)

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Gost the Haunter, Pokémon Silver.

Not only was it horrendously unimaginative, being named after the inspiration for the Pokémon, but I even had the cheek to spell it incorrectly.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
The most noobish sounding nickname I've ever given a Pokemon was "Giant!!!!" and that was to, you guessed it, Wailord. Even so, I find it more silly than anything really :P

Most of the nicknames I give Pokemon are supposed to be stupid. Otherwise, they're just normal like my Pidove, "Nick."

The cutest nickname I've given was my Mantyke, "Lil 'Tyke."

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Tubby the Snorlax :)

Ha, I had a Raichu named Tubby in Diamond. Also an Ampharos named Chese (we meant to spell cheese XD) comes to mind. But to prevent future mistakes, I have a foolproof algorithm to making good names for pokemon: Just make the most Japanese sounding word your mind could possibly form, and make sure the first letter is the same as the as the first letter of the pokemon (ex. Zangooose = Zuriniad). Or just name it after a band.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Some of these nicknames nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Worst I've nicknamed is a Ratatta "FEAR" back in middle school and using it in a competitive battle.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
I called a Magikarp: Greatness.

Which was quite wrong...

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Pengus! The Metapod, koff~

Don't even think of touching my Pengus! I've named so many Pokemon that it'd be hard to choose just one. I think the random ones that hold no purpose might be a bit embarrassing, but these are usually bred Pokemon I'll be releasing, koffi~

Years
In Pokémon Red or Blue (can't remember which version), I had an Alakazam that I nicknamed.....get ready for this...

The nickname was Pig?Latin...I look back on that now and wonder what in the world was I thinking?

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Pokemon embarrassing nicknames, boy where do i begin...?
Want a wall of text?

Well back in the 4th gen, if you were seven i was...10? yeah something like that, I bought Pokemon Pearl because they ran out of Diamond and i had a load of money with me.
Because of that, i had developed a form of hatred towards every pokemon i caught, and that is why i got these nicknames:

Starly "Bird-X"....YEAH, Became my 1st lvl 100 and i was so happy i passed out.
Ditto "Gum" because he looked like a just spit it out of my mouth.
Onix "Unicorn" because i really didnt know what to call him....

AND...

Empoleon: "Anna"...it was a boy....DAMN.

But i had some good names thoughout the years like:

Derpeon the Eevee
Kaede the Chikorita
Holly sh*t the Riolu....
and others

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
My most embarrassing nickname:

Tepig:

Never mind the fact that the Arceus-damned thing sucked when I first got it, I was an insensitive little brat a couple years back. I named the damn thing "Fatty." It was my first level 100, and I beat the elite four with Fatty (now an Emboar) as a solo runner. I was so ashamed I took him to the name rater in Castelia City, and changed his name to Joe. Then I shoved Joe into a PC box and since I beat the game, I saw the need to go crazy with an Action Replay.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Even as a kid I never nicknamed my Pokémon. I just prefer calling them by their real name. I also get satisfaction in seeing the evolved forms names. Like when my Combusken evolved into Blaziken, I wanted to see the name Blaziken, not Torchy or something lol.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
Ooh god, when I was little I always used to watch my brothers play final fantasy so I decided to name my female charmander in fire red Sephiroth. In all caps.
I'd never even played final fantasy myself.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
Years
Ah, the joys of looking back to your first Pokemon game and saying to yourself, "Oh, sweet Arceus, what was I thinking?"

But! That's not why I'm here. I'm here to report a cruel, saddening joke played on me. For the backstory on this, just go to the spoiler below... It's a sad tale. But still a better love story that Twilight.

My friend named a Beautifly "MISSINGNO." and traded it to over Wi-Fi so I couldn't read the nickname... Ugh, the pixelated monster...

Spoiler:

Back