• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Homefronts

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
So for some reason my CSS isn't working. So I'll work on that later. I have a pretty bare bones approach right now, as I want to try something a little different in regards to my planning. Rather than writing up pretty much the entire OP, I felt it might be better to show you the skeletons before we pretty it up.

What is Homefronts?

Homefronts is a Pokemon RP about being a member of the resistance out to free your home country from the reigns of the Imperialist Occupiers. The RP takes place in a society just starting to properly reap the rewards of an industrial revolution, similar to the late 1800's to early 1900's in the western world.

Players are active Resistance agents working in both the shadows and out in the open to fight, sabotage, and force the invaders out of the land. Whether this be on the openly attacking an enemy headquarters, hijacking a train and it's shipments, or trying to turn the public against the enemy, all are the responsibility of the player.

"Gameplay"

Players will have to rely on their pokemon allies to fight the good fight, knowing the enemy will be bringing their own to the fights. Players won't have the luxury of a wide and easy to acquire variety of allies like a modern trainer, as the modern Pokeball has yet to be invented. The ability to acquire new Pokemon will be spread thin compared to a Journey or something similar, but that is not to say players will need to stock up on "strong" pokemon. What matters most is creativity with your allies, as even the weakest pokemon have a job they can do within the RP.

Similarly this is not a sandbox RP. There will be freedom of choice, but a "campaign" of player actions and reactions will hopefully form a more cohesive story and result in less "dead time". A greater war plan will be formed from player votes to keep things focused but not me forcing you to play my "ultra cool story". These votes include smaller choices such as missions as well as decisions that affect the Resistance as a whole.

Banes and Boons
No good deed goes unpunished in the world. The enemy will have plans of their own to crush the resistance and react to certain events. Certain missions and events lead to good events (Boons) and consequences that hurt the Resistance (Banes). Some choices may carry a great positive that will greatly help the players, but at the same time lead to further compilations.

A quick example of this can be the choice between getting a new Pokemon for the players, but closing off certain missions and vice-versa. Other effects can increase or decrease rewards for missions or have complications to tackle in character like increased security in additional areas.

As said, this is a very bare bones explanation at the moment. I didn't want to gussy it up with lore or fluff when it is still very much a work in progress that needs input and suggestions. As such, if there are also any ideas for interesting mechanics or twists go ahead and state them along with concerns and feedback. I want this to actually be a workshop and not just a "Yes/No" interest check.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yooo I really like this- it?s such a cool concept :D I really enjoy the goal of no ?dead time?; I think that?s very important for an active RP. And I like RPs with a real plot <333 Is it gonna be a little bit steampunk? I really like steampunk lol but nbd if that?s not your goal haha

A few more q?s- About how many players do you intend there to be? And it sounds like this campaign is going to be fairly long-running, is that a fair assumption?

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Yes, I think that Dead Time ends up being the biggest weakness in RPs, and probably lead to the death of far more RPs than it helped. I also did envision more of a "World War I" style setting, but with Pokemon it's not really a stretch to see technology develop closer to Steampunk, especially with walking electricity and steam generators.

As for player size, I prefer smaller amounts myself. I'd prefer to keep it under 10 players, since a lot of players means more waiting for everyone to finish. Also I do hope for it to run somewhat long, since the goals are a little lofty. Breaking the "play" area into regions might be the best option; give players a sense of progression on a smaller scale while still making slower progress on the meta-RP scale.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I'm also interested in this. I can totally see a steam-punk style applied to WW1 era tech in the Pok?mon world. I'd think things like medicine might be a little further along though, because of Pok?mon like Chansey and Audino, who are natural healers.

I'm assuming this would take place in an original region?

Back