• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Rock

Which are your favorite Rock types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
ankSTpE.png

Welcome to the second annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in the Pokémon Polls board, where our goal is to determine the favorite Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity! This will be a tournament that lasts several months, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types together to determine a winner. After we know the winner of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and be known as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon!

If you haven't had the opportunity, please read the Rules/FAQ to find out more about the tournament:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Because of the limited number of poll spaces, not all eligible Pokémon have been included. If you want to vote for an unlisted Rock-type, check the "Other Pokémon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until October 4th, so get voting!

Previous Winners:

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I voted for Amaura/Aurorus. The Rock type has always been one of my least favorite types, and I never really liked any rock types before Amaura was introduced, and it's the only one I've liked enough to use in story mode. It's bright, colorful, and soft appearance is not very much like the typical Rock type pokemon. :P

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Rhyperior and T-tar. Rhyperior is one of my favourite Pokemon overall, and T-tar has Sand Stream, a mega evo, Pursuit, Fire Blast, Dragon Dance and so many other moves.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Votes this time went to Rhyperior, Cradily, Rampardos, and Tyrantrum.

I like Tyrantrum's typing (Rock/Dragon is pretty cool), and T-rex's are cool, so yeah. When they first revealed the fossil Pokemon for X/Y, I was like "omg I have to get a Tyrunt".

Cradily because Cradily.

Rampardos, despite its awful Speed and being frail for a Rock type, has been rather useful to me during my Rock monotype and Super Rotation battles in the Maison. Choice Band Rampardos is insane in Rotations, let me tell you. Choice Band STAB Head Smash destroys everything that doesn't resist, and most resists still take heavy damage anyway. IDK why it doesn't get Rock Head, but Mold Breaker is nice too.

Rhyperior was something I never liked much, but it's grown on me lately because of Shingen's Rhyperior in Pokemon Conquest. I was desperately in need of good warriors and Pokemon, and it was a relief when the game has him join your army; that Rhyperior has carried me through a few battles.

Years
Rhyhorn, onix, Aerodactyl, tyranitar, kabutops, aggron, corsola, tyrantrum, crustle, Barbaracle, carbink

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Archeops Diance Aggron
Acrobatics Just Comeon
Mega Diance the elegance
Aggron for hoenn runthroughs

Years
Voted for Rhyhorn, Aggron, and Tyrantrum.

Rhyhorn is one of my all time favorite pokemon so have to vote for it. Aggron and Tyrantrum to show my dinosaur love.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Kabutops, Shuckle, Tyranitar, Armaldo, Carracosta, Archeops, Aurorus and Diancie for me. I'm not too overly fond of Rock-types though with the exception of Tyranitar because pseudo legendaries are cool. I picked the above due to design and battling capabilities.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Usually I try to only vote for one family in these polls as it's your favourite, but I simply couldn't choose just one this time. I ended up going for Golem, Regirock and Shieldon - the former two are incredibly cool and badass Pokémon in general (and both feel a tad under-appreciated?), whilst the latter is ridiculously cute and forms the backbone of my Steel-type TCG deck. Rock is a very big favourite type of mine so it's a hard one to choose between haha.

Years
Aggron, aside from being my favorite Hoenn Pokémon, is a really cool one for me. A metallic dinosaur that can learn a lot of moves really appeals to me. It always had a neat design, and its usability grew on me after I used it in my main White 2 play.

Rhyperior is a similar one, massive Attack and that Solid Rock ability is cool, along with, again, lots of attacks. The Unova fossils (Carracosta and Archeops) are also favorites of mine, even with Archeops' Defeatist ability and Carracosta's low Speed they can be something else to use and look cool.

Years
Top 5 And the things I love most about them.

Aurorus: Beautiful, ice/rock typing, Aurora Borealis, Jewels/crown
Tyrantrum: Gold crown, white frilly mane, razor teeth, Tyrunt is adorable.
Corsola: Pink and white, coral design, tiny little eyes and smile, happy/cute
Cradilly: Color palette, anemone concept, cute position (like a plushie), little tentacles
Aggron: Triceratops, Steel armor and horns, Blue eyes, Formidable

Years
Golem and Tyrantrum

Ah, Geodude. You've been around since the beginning. We all had to struggle against you, finally winning, only for Onix to come along and make us white out. Thank you for being our wake-up call. And while Graveler may be a weird, four-armed, lumpy dude, Golem is awesome. And he's immune to dynamite! Ain't no other Pokemon got armor like that!

I'm sure most of us call the scientist who brings our fossils back to life "Dr. Hammond". But the Jurassic Park referencebecame a lot mmore meaningful when we could get a T. rex. An adorable little T. rex who had to face the challenges of being a Dragon type in a country full of Fairies. But then he evolved, became HUGE, and got an awesome crown. Can you say "Me Grimlock no bozo, me KING!"

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Nosepass and Probopass! I used to hate Nosepass a lot back when Gen 3 came out, but I fell in love with Probopass in Gen 4 and because of it, ended up starting to like Nosepass as well. They're both in my top ten now. I think they're really interesting Pokémon. They're definitely very unique, but they aren't complicated in design, either, and that's something I really appreciate. They also handle very well in battle. I'm pretty sure I've had a Probopass solo half of an Elite Four before, so it's nice to actually have some favourites who aren't a hindrance to my team for once!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
(I lvoe a lot of Rock type)

Rhydon line, Aggron line, Armaldo, Bastiodon, Carracosta, Archeops, Gigalith, Rampardos.

It is a lot but I cannot choose between them x) If I had to really chose only one, it would be betwen Rhydon and Aggron - Rhydon was my first favorite pokemon when I was a little girl :) But I'm not a fan of rhyperior... and Agrron arrive.... he's just soo nice...

blue

gucci
Years
I'd probably say Rock is one of my lesser favourable of all the types. Having said that, I do really like the designs of Lunatone and Solrock.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
This round, I voted for Diancie, Golem, Aggron, Aerodactyl, Aurorus, Archeops, and Gigalith.

I've already gushed about Aggron in the steel poll, but the other standout here is Diancie. Its Mega Evolution is my favorite legendary, and my second favorite Pokemon overall.

Years
Tyranitar for me; an absolute killer on my team, and I remember being so scared of my first encounter of it on Gold, hahaha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't believe there are much rock-types that I like, sadly.

Of them all that I do, however, I'd say one of my most favorites would be Gigalith. Although it's not that great when it comes to battling (unfortunately, it gets taken down pretty easily, thanks to being water, fighting, ground, and other types of the like being common in competitive scene), it still has quite a heavy look. It seems to be pretty fierce and intimidating to me.

As for second, that would have to be Tyranitar. Unlike above, this one is great battling-wise, and could take down quite a few amount of opponents by itself.

Years
Rock is sadly one of those types I don't have many faves of, at all. But here's how I went vote-wise:

Omanyte line: Because... Praise Helix. It was my fave 1st Gen Rock-type fyi.

Carbink & Diancie: Rock/Fairy is an interesting combination, and they're one of the cuter Rock-types out there. I also love that Diancie is the first 6th Gen Mega, and one of the designs I love.

And also both of the Unova and Kalos fossil lines. Again, mainly because I like the designs. Not much else I have to say here given I'm not that much into Rock-types.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Ugh, so many great choices to choose from D:

In the end though, I chose Onix. Design wise I think he was probably one of the most well exected - simple, but nice - and I just love the idea of like, riding him haha. Plus, you've gotta give some Gen 1 some love am I right?

Back