• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Red: Generations (Hack Complete)

Years
I have the same problem oak gives me the gen 1 starters and the rival uses them in all battles can you fix it please ????

Great hack i love it :happy:

blue

gucci
Years
The starters have been reverted back to the originals, but for some reason the text doesn't correspond to that. Since Tyrogue, Clamperl and Trapinch can all be accessed fairly early on in the game, it made sense to retain the original starters.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Made an account just to say this isn't working for me.

I've attempted both patches and each has different problems.

The HGSS sprites patch makes the emulator reset right when Oak first shows up on screen, and the other patch stays on a black screen once I'm done making my character.

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Made an account just to say this isn't working for me.

I've attempted both patches and each has different problems.

The HGSS sprites patch makes the emulator reset right when Oak first shows up on screen, and the other patch stays on a black screen once I'm done making my character.

its works fine for me both two patches.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
its works fine for me both two patches.

Well not for me. Have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I just open LIPS, choose "Apply IPS patch", choose one of the FRG ips files, and then my FireRed rom, and it should be good to go right?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Well not for me. Have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I just open LIPS, choose "Apply IPS patch", choose one of the FRG ips files, and then my FireRed rom, and it should be good to go right?

make sure its fire red rom 1.0 or it might be 1.1 either :/

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2020
imgur com / MPyDn8d png

I tried both patches on a clean FireRed 1.0 on both VBA and VBA-M and got this glitchy Pallet Town every time. I actually managed to get to Viridian Forest however all the trainers there caused a perma black screen during battle load so I couldn't progress any further. Would very much like some help.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
What ROM is needed for this? I'm kinda new to all this so I need a bit of help

I have the 1.1 fire red thing but idk what to do from there so please help me :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
I don't know if its me or what but when im trying to start a game it freezes at the part where your character shrinks down after the name selection.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 28, 2016
Can anyone confirm that in this hack, any attack move follows this pattern:

Physical Type
Bug
Fighting
Flying
Ghost
Ground
Normal
Poison
Rock
Steel

Special Types
Dark
Dragon
Electric
Fire
Grass
Ice
Psychic
Water

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 13, 2017
This hack is completely unplayable and disfunctional if you try to patch it by yourself.

When you patch the rom with the HGSS sprites and run it with VBA with the European or U.S.A Version, the game freezes in the exact moment that Professor Oak appears in the screen, after the instructios with the blue background.

If you try the normal patch, then the same thing might happen. I decided to search for another, cleaner Fire Red rom, and when i tried the HGSS sprites in the new rom the same thing happened. When i tried the normal sprites, i finally got past the name selection and the beginning, but the game freezes again in the exact moment that you're shrinking.

Unplayable.

Vit

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
Download everything fresh and pull it into a new folder from installation and it will all work. Make sure your settings are correct in the emulator (e.g. Save Type as Flash 128k)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 20, 2020
The moves are split to special/physical or it depends on the type? sorry for bad english

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I cant patch the game, if i do, it restarts when i see oak, or blackscreens whem im "teleported" to the gsme world, after i say my name, rivals name, etc..
Can anyone help me?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 27, 2016
Please help me!!

I've downloaded the patch and patched the new fire red rom V1.0 with LunarIPS patcher!
But when I play everything is fine, but the starters seem to be the same with their names changed!
Please give me proper instructions to patch it!
Also there are two ips files in the zip, which one should I patch? I've tried both!
Please reply! Thanks in advance!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
I am still getting the original starters with this patch. Anyone know how to fix?

Back