• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 27, 2017
i commented about it earlier, but i really can't get through surges puzzle. the switches don't seem to be next to each other whatsoever, can anyone thats gotten past it in 3.0s beta help me out?

I saved and kept resetting until I found the right one. Took me a few tries.

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
Years
i commented about it earlier, but i really can't get through surges puzzle. the switches don't seem to be next to each other whatsoever, can anyone thats gotten past it in 3.0s beta help me out?

Try with this code, it will help youu to walkthrough the walls:
9100FAC2
9100FBC2
9100FCC2
9100FDC2
If you try to go beyond the limits of maps the game will crashes and you will have to reset it (from the last sabe point...be careful), just cross over the walls next to the electric fence and then, deactivate the code to avoid problems...About my experience playing the beta, well I'm still in Johto, for that reason I don't know what happened with those switches, but I suppose that this code will be useful to you. Good Luck!

Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
then rangi should probably fix the error in the pokedex of suicune's nest after beating the pokemon league not showing, It would make sense for suicune to show up as you technically have already seen itso like after finding raikou and entei the first time, it should have a nest indicator, I usually try to catch entei and raikou on route 36 or 37

Hey, you're right, Suicune doesn't get an area indicator when it's roaming. I've fixed that.

It works for me. The second switch is always in a trash can adjacent to the first one.

FIQ

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I fixed the accuracy issues (also Speed stat changes had similar issues), and took care of some issues with held item (Captured wildmons had weird items, Thief didn't actually steal the item properly). Thanks for the reports!

Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I would really like it if the day-care man could hand out eggs west of his house as in gen4. It would definitely make breeding feel much smoother.

Now he does this. And, you can run/bike up and down the whole left side of Goldenrod and Route 34 without NPCs or wild grass stopping you.

uchihamadada

Years
Let me share with you something really peculiar that happened yesterday while I was playing the beta, I was at Dragon Dean, fighthing an Ace trainer duo...they have a Seadra with the hability poison point in their party, when my Scyther was poisoned by touching it...Casually in that battle I decided that it will evolve, For that reason I made him carry the Metal Coat...at the end of battle he evolve, But even being type Steel he remained poisoned and suffering its effects. I don't know if this is normal given the circumstances...Also, he was still holding the Metal coat, if I remember correctly in 2.2.0 these evolution items like Magmarizer used to disappear after evolving :)

By the way Rangi, when I see Lorelei in the Ice path, an idea came to my mind..."What if we can hear the original Kanto gym leaders music from RBY versions just against Her and Agatha?"...for merely nostalgic reasons...just a suggestion of course {:3}

Attachments

• Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-19.png
    Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-19.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-20.png
    Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-20.png
    2 KB · Views: 6
  • Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-21.png
    Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-21.png
    2 KB · Views: 9
  • Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-22.png
    Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-22.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-23.png
    Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-23.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-25.png
    Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-25.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 6

FIQ

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Regarding Poison on evolved Steel (and Poison) types -- IIRC that's how the main games handle it too. It wouldn't be too hard to fix, but should it be? If the pok?mon acquires Immunity (or similar with other statuses), it will automatically cure itself when sent into battle (or when it acquires the ability, if via Trace), but the same kind of thing doesn't happen with typings.

uchihamadada

Years
Regarding Poison on evolved Steel (and Poison) types -- IIRC that's how the main games handle it too. It wouldn't be too hard to fix, but should it be? If the pok?mon acquires Immunity (or similar with other statuses), it will automatically cure itself when sent into battle (or when it acquires the ability, if via Trace), but the same kind of thing doesn't happen with typings.

In my opinion It doesn't need to be fixed, I only share it because it was such unusual, plus the fact that I didn't know how normal it was...in view of that never happened to me previously :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2017
Is possible to have a guide about how to compile and run the beta? I've tried compiling the pokecrystal disassembly by myself watching a youtube video but some of the components requested by cygwin and listed were missing or, i think, outdated by now. Can somebody help me? I want to test the new "5efd5f4" commit

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 25, 2021
Is possible to have a guide about how to compile and run the beta? I've tried compiling the pokecrystal disassembly by myself watching a youtube video but some of the components requested by cygwin and listed were missing or, i think, outdated by now. Can somebody help me? I want to test the new "5efd5f4" commit

Rangi has a patch file of the beta on page 69 of this forum. All you need to do is use a patching program to update a ROM of Pokemon Crystal to apply the changes. For Mac, I use a program called Multipatch. If you're on Windows, I'm not aware of all the different programs there are, but the one I am most farmiliar with is Lunar IPS.

Years
Some bugs:
Bugs:
At Olivine Pok?center the green guy still says that a sailor at Olivine Caf? taught his pok?mon Strength.
Maybe I'm just really unlucky but I can't find Entei even when I'm at the route where it's suppossed to appear (this didn't happen with Raikou).
No pok?mon can learn Water Pulse by tutor.
If you delete Lyra's number there's no way to get it again?

Also... How do you battle Bill?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2017
Rangi has a patch file of the beta on page 69 of this forum. All you need to do is use a patching program to update a ROM of Pokemon Crystal to apply the changes. For Mac, I use a program called Multipatch. If you're on Windows, I'm not aware of all the different programs there are, but the one I am most farmiliar with is Lunar IPS.

I'm playing that beta but has some bugs that have been addressed and corrected in this days. I wanna play a new version up to date for better test the game but the only way is to build it yourself from github.

Years
I'm playing that beta but has some bugs that have been addressed and corrected in this days. I wanna play a new version up to date for better test the game but the only way is to build it yourself from github.
Well, if you need the latest patch built from github, here you go.
However, it seems to have broken compatibility with old savefiles, so you'll have to start everything again.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2017
Well, if you need the latest patch built from github,
However, it seems to have broken compatibility with old savefiles, so you'll have to start everything again.

Thank you very very much :)
No problem for broken save compatibility, in the old beta i've just beaten Bugsy and Rival so it's no problem to start again.
How have you compiled it?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
In the latest build that was posted here I can?t pass the Dark Cave because it crashes right before the cutscene w/ Falkner happens. I have a screenshot before it happens, but I don't know how to put in here :/

Years
Thank you very very much :)
No problem for broken save compatibility, in the old beta i've just beaten Bugsy and Rival so it's no problem to start again.
How have you compiled it?
I followed these instructions: https://github.com/roukaour/polishedcrystal/blob/master/INSTALL.md
However, they are a bit outdated, so in the Cygwin terminal you have to type instead:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/roukaour/polishedcrystal
cd polishedcrystal
make

Then you have to wait a little and the file "polishedcrystal-2.2.0.gbc" will be saved at C:/cygwin64/home/(your username)/polishedcrystal

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 25, 2021
Where is HM04 Strength? The github says it's located in Olivine City, but I've talked to every NPC, checked every building, including the lighthouse, and I can't find it.

If the HM does not exist in the current build I am playing (beta-d0b3f97), is there a code to give a pokemon the move strength, or recieve the HM?

Last edited:
Years
Where is HM04 Strength? The github says it's located in Olivine City, but I've talked to every NPC, checked every building, including the lighthouse, and I can't find it.

If the HM does not exist in the current build I am playing (beta-d0b3f97), is there a code to give a pokemon the move strength, or recieve the HM?
It was changed to Cianwood Pok?center in the latest patches

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Does this count as a bug?
jDlEEZ9.png

I don't remember how it worked on Vanilla Crystal, but as you can see, my Lv100 Typhlosion is getting experience which is a waste. It should go to the Pok?mon I've put an exp. share on instead, in my opinion.

Back