• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

golche

Tactician of Askr
Years
Just finished playing the Alpha. Looking good! I especially like the Trainer House which I am looking for in a hack! It would be great if there are more in other towns/cities and they get stronger several times after every battle.

Thanks for the feedback! Continuing Trainer Houses exist/are in progress.

A couple of things I noticed which is only a minor text bug, I accidentally deleted another one cause VBA would replace other screenshots with the new ones. The word "Knowledgeable" is spelled wrong in the Professor's dialogue (when he is talking about his friend from Dresco Town) also exiting Grim Woods would not display Route 4 header, is that normal?

There are a couple of grammar errors and such. They are being fixed.

Another one is a dex bug after catching a pokemon. Tested with other Pokemon in the wild seems like it only happens with Pokemon added to Fire Red (4th Gen. and so on). Screenshots are below.

The Pokedex is not working properly for Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos/Alola Pokemon. We are working on fixing that.

Thanks again! I hope you are really enjoying it :)

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
From the moment I started playing this hack, I could tell it was a higher quality ROM hack, but I have found a major glitch. If you start a new game when save data already exists, Hoopa never appears to teleport you to the warehouse.
EDIT: The Pok?dex entry for the Alolan Vulpix is that of a regular Vulpix, and the Pok?dex entry for Gible is blank.

golche

Tactician of Askr
Years
From the moment I started playing this hack, I could tell it was a higher quality ROM hack, but I have found a major glitch. If you start a new game when save data already exists, Hoopa never appears to teleport you to the warehouse.
EDIT: The Pok?dex entry for the Alolan Vulpix is that of a regular Vulpix, and the Pok?dex entry for Gible is blank.

Pokedex entries do not work for Pokemon in Gen 4-7, including Alolan Pokemon. We're aware of the save glitch but we aren't sure how to fix it yet. For now just delete the .sav file.

Thanks for your feedback!

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
"within the year" WHAT ?!! Well... that might the best (probably) gift for new year/christmas considering we dont celebrate it here. Anyways good luck on completing it.
And as for the overlapping tiles, I am kinda lazy but would surely do it once i do a rerun of the game. It's hard to search for them :/ but yeah it actually overlaps near the corner of some house.

Years
  • Age 121
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
When the 2.0 version be ready?
And if you put mega developments, please place only during the battle, to be more realistic.

Trainer 766

And if you put mega developments, please place only during the battle, to be more realistic.

Just wait for the next version.No use asking for release date.

Also,I think Skeli plans to implement that feature.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Ideally,I wanted to finish playing through the whole aplha first before commenting on the hack,but i'm playing it right now having exited the 'Grim Woods' just a while ago and the game had me so excited that i couldn't wait to comment on it,so i'll just commend on the things i've seen so far.First of all,about the starters,the usual circular triple type diagram isn't complete in your case.Even if you didn't want to implement the usual fire>grass>water>fire case,there are others types one could connect like fighting>dark>psychic>fighting.In the case of this hack it's ground>steel>rock but rock doesn't beat ground so the ground type,namely gible,gives the player an advantage since it has an advantage over larvitar,which usually is the other way around,with the rival having the type advantage.Well,though,with your selection of pseydo-legendary starters i can't complain since i like all 3 choices and the free volpix later,which can wreck gible,restores the balance.As for your story line,i'd take my hat off to you if i wearing one.You actually took my favorite legendary trio (Zapdos,Moltres,Articuno) and combined it with one of my two favorite legendaries (Darkrai).If this hack was made into a real pokemon game with two different versions and the second version had Mewtwo as the other legendary it'd be the most epic combination as far as i'm concerned.Also,i like the story line itself and the way it envelops very much,since it's very interesting and while the basis of a legendary trio being used to call another legendary is relatively common on the world of pokemon,your story gives off a feeling of originality in my opinion,it could very well be a published pokemon game.Also,i like the way you chose to give the main character the starter,and that you didn't use something like the 'save the professor scene'. Furthermore,speaking for myself,i like the choice of pokemon in every part of the map (up until where i've gotten at least),namely putting riolu at the start of the game and ralts a while later.I mean,just by putting riolu at the start,it would have made this a top hack by itself.You also have yourself a nice selection of tiles and sprites,which make me look forward to seeing the mega evolution feature in this game.I've noticed some grammatical mistakes several times but even with that,this hack is my number one hack with gaia now being second (though still great as well).I don't know when the voting for it takes place,but this hack could definitely go for the hack of the year award.Anyway,sorry for rumbling on for so long.This is an awesome hack,good luck with it.

Trainer 766

when this is finished this could maybe even beat gaia as my favorite hack
Look at the post above you.I said no use asking for release dates.And hopefully,you find yourself accurate about this hack beating Gaia.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
I'd just like to answer a few things myself to clear stuff up:

If you start a new game when save data already exists, Hoopa never appears to teleport you to the warehouse.
That glitch is just the result of using JPAN's saveblock hack. In general, if you want to start a new game, you need to manually delete the save file.
The Pokedex entry for Alolan Vulpix is supposed to be that of a regular Vulpix because the native Vulpix in the Borrius region is the original one. However, they are still the same Pokemon so the Alolan one does not get its own entry. The same also goes for the Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash.

Mega Evolutions have already been implemented.

when this is finished this could maybe even beat gaia as my favorite hack
Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

First of all,about the starters,the usual circular triple type diagram isn't complete in your case.
I considered making Ralts a starter instead of Larvitar at one point, but I decided against it since Gardevoir isn't nearly as strong as the other two. But as the rival isn't the main focus when choosing the starters, it didn't really matter to me so much. The starters are actually based on an easy, medium, and hard dynamic. At the beginning, Gible is the easiest choice, followed by Larvitar, and then Beldum. However, by the time you go through Icicle Cave, Beldum becomes the easiest to use, followed by Larvitar, and then by Gible.

I've noticed some grammatical mistakes several times
Do you remember where these grammatical errors are?

this hack is my number one hack with gaia now being second
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I don't know when the voting for it takes place,but this hack could definitely go for the hack of the year award.
Voting goes until December 31st and the link can be found in the Hacks Studio section.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Do you remember where these grammatical errors are?

1.PNG Since he only filled him in on what happened once,briefly,,it should be 'I was just filling him in...'
2.PNG 'I was going to give you one (a pokemon,but personally i'd use one in this case) myself...'
3.PNG It should be 'That's because you're a cheapo...'. Cheapo normally wouldn't be right either but i understand that you want to use a certain kind of vocabulary to give your hack a certain vibe.
4.PNG 'you wouldn't be scrapping for cash'. Forgive me if 'scrapped for cash' is a certain idiom or something but the way i understood it,it meant that the professor would get brutally wrecked and sold for money later.
5.PNG'as real as' You either simply forgot an 's' or you wanted to write 'as real a job as it gets'.
6.PNG 'you're carrying'
7.PNG 'Grandma' instead of 'Gramma'. Or,and that's probably what you were going for,'Granma',since when people spell it,the 'd' isn't really heard.
8.PNG Either 'There seems to be something...' or 'It seems like there is something...'
9.PNG 'Because',not 'Becuase'. But i only included this just for the sake of being detailed.I'm actually surprised i even noticed that.

That's all i've noticed up to the entrance of 'Cinder Volcano'. It's the first time i'm attaching images to a commend so i hope it goes well.I hope this helped.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
this map is quite right

(if it doesn't work let me know)

golche

Tactician of Askr
Years
well i was try to post the fact the player icon is no lined properly lined up with the map

The map is not working properly, for the main reason that the alpha only goes up to a certain point. When the whole game is released and the entire map is available to the player this will be fixed.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hiho, I have black screen when i entering to cinder volcano, what could be the reason?

Edit:This location is buged AF.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Hiho, I have black screen when i entering to cinder volcano, what could be the reason?

Edit:This location is buged AF.
Perhaps this is relevant to the sound bug that's mentioned in the readme text file cause as you've probably noticed,if you were playing with the sound on,the sound goes haywire when the screen goes black.Don't fret though,while there no way to 'fix' the bug,there is a way to bypass it.I asssume you're playing on an emulator so what you should do is save the game in a save slot before changing rooms and then proceeding since,at least it's that way for me,the bug doesn't appear every time.So you'll simply have to load the state and try again until the glitch doesn't appear.I suggest saving in a save slot before every entrance/ladder even inside the volcano because as you've said and I quote,'This location is buged AF'. This worked for me and i got through Cinder Volcano,I hope it works for you too.Good luck,I hope this helped.

Back